The New Supra Badge Logo

How do you feel about the A90's Supra logo?

• Total voters

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, I'll be old and retired before they release that.
Age is just a number bro.. MKVI supra stats..

1) all electric cause thatā€™s what the market wants according to Toyota
2) 68mpg.. cause thatā€™s what sells according to toyota
3) itā€™s borderline SUV.. cause.. thatā€™s what the market demands according to toyota
4) they interviewed a bunch of MKV owners and came up to that conclusion.

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Age is just a number bro.. MKVI supra stats..

1) all electric cause thatā€™s the market wants according to Toyota
2) 68mpg.. cause thatā€™s what sells according to toyota
3) itā€™s borderline SUV.. cause.. thatā€™s what the market demands according to toyota
4) they interviewed a bunch of MKV owners and came up to that conclusion.
:lol:....right!?!?! This is whatā€™s driving me mad, is that they (Toyota) think or believe this is what the buyers want. Letā€™s be real here, how many members on this forum will actually buy this car based on what we know up to this point? I think Toyota misinterpreted that old saying of ā€œif you build it, they will comeā€ and misinterpreted the market demands & target audience.

Again, my opinions could be completely wrong, but why is everyone getting so upset about my opinion of this car???...and why are the mods deleting posts that are my honest opinions of the car??? I am basing my opinion on information given to us up to this point, right???

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dude.. just go buy whatā€™s out there already. Donā€™t wait for this car. I didnā€™t and know few others that already got something else...
I am also waiting for the new GT500...apparently ā€œVenom Kills Demons.ā€ Right now, my list goes like this; GTR, GT500, ZR-1(if I can find a fantastic deal), or MKV Supra (if they donā€™t screw it up). The MKV is the oddball in the list, and the only reason I am interested is because of the price point....it will leave me room ($$$) to make it a street demon.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
:lol:....right!?!?! This is whatā€™s driving me mad, is that they (Toyota) think or believe this is what the buyers want. Letā€™s be real here, how many members on this forum will actually buy this car based on what we know up to this point? I think Toyota misinterpreted that old saying of ā€œif you build it, they will comeā€ and misinterpreted the market demands & target audience.

Again, my opinions could be completely wrong, but why is everyone getting so upset about my opinion of this car???...and why are the mods deleting posts that are my honest opinions of the car??? I am basing my opinion on information given to us up to this point, right???
According to the poll many here won't be interested in the A90 if the leaks are true.

It's fine to have an opinion, but it gets a little old when you keep repeating the same thing over and over. Point taken you don't like what you are seeing/reading, no need to sound like a broken record. And its also how you say it. You can get your point across without sounding like a d-bag. I also find it funny that you make such a big deal over such a small thing like a logo. You have said you didn't like the following: styling, BMW motor, leak specs, and hinted pricing tag. So it seems you aren't interested in the A90, which is fine. The new Supra won't be for everyone. But why keep coming back? Some may see this as being a troll. Why do you get so upset when people say the R35 is ugly? The mods are just trying to keep the order and peace. :)

Last edited:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am also waiting for the new GT500...apparently ā€œVenom Kills Demons.ā€ Right now, my list goes like this; GTR, GT500, ZR-1(if I can find a fantastic deal), or MKV Supra (if they donā€™t screw it up). The MKV is the oddball in the list, and the only reason I am interested is because of the price point....it will leave me room ($$$) to make it a street demon.

See the thing is.. I feel like there are a lot of die hard Toyota fans thatā€™ll accept anything. But Iā€™m the type thatā€™ll buy anything as long as itā€™s a good product and fits my wants.

Issue with Toyota is.. they think and swear they know.. what you need. And discount the rest of the market. Hence you can see the GSF / RCF selling poorly when M3/4 sell like hot cakes.

GT500 will be a beast. I ended up trading my daily (Mustang GT) for a GT350 instead of waiting for this car that Iā€™ll not be happy with since no manual option.

Last edited:

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
Then if you know its gonna fail. Why stick around to be a negative Nancy?

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Then if you know its gonna fail. Why stick around to be a negative Nancy?
Not sure who you responded to but here is why many people are sticking around including me.. even though you yourself know this car will in no aspect be a proper sequel to MKIV.

1) Love Supras (donā€™t get mixed up with Toyota fanboys.. I like/love anything thatā€™s fun and fast)
2) First hand knowledge of what is going to be in the new car to make an informed judgement.
3) everyone and their mother knows I have a Supra (for the past 20yrs) and expect me to know what is going on... so.. Iā€™m like a data provider to them.
4) who doesnā€™t love bad news?
5) hope.. hope toyota did do justice to this name plate.
6) Understand how much my MKIV will appreciate

Things that I absolutely love about the new car..
1) small and seems agile
2) iron block (hope itā€™s true)
3) low curb weight (hope itā€™s true as well)
4) somewhat true to FT1 design

Things Iā€™m disgusted about..
1) no manual trans
2) fake vents (hope they are real)
3) low HP output (based on predictions)
4) more distinction from the bimmer in the interior (based on spy photography)

Thoughts?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jdmuscle, you put it perfectly!!! Thank you for that!!

To those who are calling me a ā€œnegative nancyā€ or a ā€œtrollā€, if thatā€™s how you feel....great, I respect your opinion and let you speak your mind....i simply wonā€™t click the like button on your comment. No harm no foul. Truth is, I have alot more experience dealing with Supraā€™s than most members on this forum....and although I donā€™t own one myself, it irritates me to see such a great brand get bastardized by todayā€™s economic climate.

And yes, im still here because the official car has not been released....only unofficial rumors that keep rattling everyoneā€™s cage. Until, the official specs are out and itā€™s a complete dud (including the ā€œGRMNā€ version), then yes you will probably not hear from me again.

Last thing, what most of you donā€™t know is that there is a specific reason I am waiting for the MKV Supra, and if it ends up being equipped with what I have ā€œheardā€ (a particular piece of equipment), most of you MKV buyers will end up being my customers. Thatā€™s all I will say about this.

Last edited:

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Things Iā€™m disgusted about..
1) no manual trans
2) fake vents (hope they are real)
3) low HP output (based on predictions)
4) more distinction from the bimmer in the interior (based on spy photography)

Thoughts?
A70 has already answered some of these.
1) Not at 1st, but more tranny options maybe added 2 years after the initial launch
2) Yup
3) 350hp for a base trim sounds ok. The GRMN will come later down the road
4) From what has been spied I do see BMW cues, but I'll hold off judgement until we see all of it.

Last edited: