The Pricing Thread + Potential US Tariffs Impact

500strong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
This shouldn't really be news or shock anyone? I always expected a modern day Supra to be about the price of a Corvette so it'd have been shocking if it was cheaper than a Vette.
Sponsored

JohnnyTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GTS (05)
This shouldn't really be news or shock anyone? I always expected a modern day Supra to be about the price of a Corvette so it'd have been shocking if it was cheaper than a Vette.
Amen. Supra turbo in '98 cost about $40k which is equal to about $57k today.

Loyo911

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
If it's going to look like the FT1 concept and goes like hell it'll sell at $50k easy. Besides I'm not sure Toyota even cares to sell a ton of these. It could be a halo effect they're going after. This is the company that lost money making the LFA but did it anyway just cuz...

500strong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
I'll quote myself here in saying that this isn't news :)

Went digging for prices:

1998 Supra
Base started at $31,078
Turbo started at $40,508

1998 Corvette
Started at $37,995

So there you go - the Supra was already more expensive 16 years ago!

bballr35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elise
If it comes with some of that carbon fiber chassis that BMW's been putting in their i cars I'll gladly pay this amount as long as it doesn't blow past $60k.
Seriously if it gets a full CF tub and some serious power this thing could be a rocket, with the looks to boot.

Boomshakalaka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many to list
Here's an idea. Just split the price difference between the Vette and GTR. No real sports car in this range and could be a cheaper alterantive to the GTR.

Ren

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Lexus IS 350
Keep it the same look as the FT-1 concept and they can charge as much as they want!

__WRC__

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
325i
Is there a reason every one thinks that the Supra will be in the 50-60k range? What if Toyota decides to go balls out and build a hybrid super sports car for $60-80k that could keep up with the 911, R8, NSX, GTR but for $20-30k less. Nothing Toyota said has ruled this out right.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Is there a reason every one thinks that the Supra will be in the 50-60k range? What if Toyota decides to go balls out and build a hybrid super sports car for $60-80k that could keep up with the 911, R8, NSX, GTR but for $20-30k less. Nothing Toyota said has ruled this out right.
The issue with keeping with a base 911 for less $ is that the Cayman GTS already does this for $11k cheaper than the 911. So you're talking about taking the Boxster/Cayman head on.

MATT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 ACCORD
Nooo hybrid please!

FRS-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hot Lava FR-S
Nooo hybrid please!
I don't get this kind of mentality. Without even seeing the performance and efficiency specs how do you just say no to hybrid period. Guess what the 2 most impressive cars out recently are -- the hybrid Porsche 918 and Mclaren P1!

500strong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
Here's an idea. Just split the price difference between the Vette and GTR. No real sports car in this range and could be a cheaper alterantive to the GTR.
Fine idea if they can give it performance that matches this in-between pricing.

Ren

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Lexus IS 350
I was thinking bout this more and even if it is priced higher than Corvette it'll still sell even if it just matches the performance. I know people that wouldn't buy a GM car no matter what and would pay a bit more for Toyota's reliability.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
I was thinking bout this more and even if it is priced higher than Corvette it'll still sell even if it just matches the performance. I know people that wouldn't buy a GM car no matter what and would pay a bit more for Toyota's reliability.
Going to need that reliability too with what's probably going to be a high compression turbo motor.
Sponsored