This is the 2020 mid-engine Chevy Corvette / C8 Corvette Z06 revealed

GenericUser1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Prem. Yelllow, 2017 BMW R9T Classic
I saw one of these yesterday in a bright blue, from a distance I thought it was an exotic but as I got closer recognized it as a C8. The proportion in profile doesn't look great to me and it just left me feeling like it wasn't a Corvette. I'm sure it's dynamically better than a C7 and I'm sure it's a great car it just didn't say Vette to me, feels like it should have been named something else.

At least it isn't a Vette Mach-E SUV. ;)

turbopk

First Name
Pk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 ford edge(DD)
So much for an American throaty V8 beast anymore. Now it now only looks Euro but sounds euro too!
But at the end of the day it will never be a supercar( Lambo, Ferrari, etc.)

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Its not looking good for the car industry. I wonder how many more car manufacturers will follow suit.

-RJM

Chevrolet Cancels Remaining 2021 Corvette Allocations
Want one? You'll have to wait until the 2022 model year.

https://carbuzz.com/news/chevrolet-cancels-2021-corvette-allocations

According to the Corvette Action Center, 2021 Corvette production is now officially over. Instead of beginning one last production round this week, the factory will begin building the 2022 model in early September.

A memo just sent to all Chevy dealers states the following: "In order to maintain start of production for the 2022 model year Corvette Stingray in late Q3, and as a result of continued unplanned part shortages not related to the industry-wide semiconductor availability issues, General Motors has had to make an adjustment in the number of Corvette Stingrays available for the 2021 model year. As a result, we are withdrawing our June "Outlook" estimate as published in the most recent allocation guide. We are not planning on canceling any accepted 2021 model year Corvette Stingray orders."

What does this mean for customers who placed orders after the March 26 cut-off but haven't taken delivery yet? They won't get a 2021 Corvette but rather a 2022 model. They'll also have to wait even longer to get their cars. This is an incredibly frustrating situation for GM, the factory, and buyers alike, but the industry has not fully recovered to pre-pandemic normalcy. Dealers have continued to accept orders but they've made it clear to customers the expected delivery time was liable to change.

The good news is that anyone who wants a C8 will get a C8. No significant updates are planned for 2022 so the worst part about this is, again, later than planned driving fun.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Haven't heard any supply issues except pa66 nylon, chip and natural rubber. Chip has been the worst afaik. Curious to know if this is specific to C8 parts/suppliers...

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Haven't heard any supply issues except pa66 nylon, chip and natural rubber. Chip has been the worst afaik. Curious to know if this is specific to C8 parts/suppliers...
That reinforced nylon is used for several engine parts. Itā€™s a big problem if supply shortage continues.

-RJM

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
That reinforced nylon is used for several engine parts. Itā€™s a big problem if supply shortage continues.

-RJM
And certainly not limited to the C8, GM, or the automotive industry at large. Many polymers used in a vast array of industries have been feeling the crunch for the past 3 years... the pandemic just basically gave a bottle of steroids to the existing problems. Quite similar to the chip shortage issues... it's a fundamental problem further exacerbated by significant demand increases.

Welcome to the downside of just-in-time inventory management ecosystems. Although there are a number of factors in play, it's always safe to blame Bezos for the problem. :p

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Although there are a number of factors in play, it's always safe to blame Bezos for the problem. :p
Look what you've done! Bezos is sick of people blaming him for everything and he's leaving us for the Moon! ?

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Sucks to suck Chevy. Toyota is actually increasing their output right now. Meanwhile US Manufacturers are stockpiling cars in stadiums praying for ECUs LOL

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly, I guess I understand why he's upset... but not really. You know you bought a Chevrolet... even if it was the most expensive one. You must have had something significant done - since it took two weeks. If that had anything to do with the suspension, drivetrain, steering, tires, brakes, etc. then you knew a road test would be part of it (or should have).

So that leaves being mad they were having fun and talking smack about GM quality (or lack thereof) and/or that they exceeded the speed limit during that road test. With a (limited) top speed of ~174(?) or so... anything less than 100mph wouldn't be a good test IMO. I did think the GM vs. Toyota/BMW comments were funny as hell though. :D

17 miles isn't nothing... but it's certainly not excessive for a road test - and I often drive that fast almost never exceed the posted limits. That's without addressing the equally confusing complaint about a courtesy car... if it's your daily driver - then 17 miles is nothing... and if it's not, then you didn't need a rental in the first place.

:dunno:

Now if they'd been caught on mic saying that they car could have been ready in 2 days but they just jerked him around for 2 weeks, or talking about how he was charged for filters and fluid flushes that were never performed... then I'd get it. We all know that stuff happens all the time at dealerships, but don't see nearly enough videos proving it.

Last edited:

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
At track day today a friend was in his old c7 and had sold his c8. Reason: Not enough storage For track events at other tracks he could not fit in a small canopy or chair

Another c8 owner at my track canā€™t get his front truck open. It opened on its own at low speed and bent the hinges. Itā€™s closed but he canā€™t open.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Another c8 owner at my track canā€™t get his front truck open. It opened on its own at low speed and bent the hinges. Itā€™s closed but he canā€™t open.
Sounds like a great excuse to justify a CF hood. ;) I had that happen on my Civic many years ago... and while I liked my new hood's looks - having zero visibility at 80mph preceded by a bang and shattered windshield is an experience I wouldn't wish on my enemies. I'm glad all he lost was the use of his "frunk" in the deal.

Credit where due however... in my case the hinges were still perfectly fine after a slight adjustment - and other than my nerves, no injuries were sustained. I religiously checked that my hood was completely closed after getting an oil change or smog test after that. :mad:
Sponsored

Last edited: