THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
I thought about manual, but, Im going to go with the "other one", manual would be great, but no one in my home would be able to drive it if there is an emergency, and the "auto" is so good already, cant go wrong either way

DDantas

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 bmw 328d
I thought about manual, but, Im going to go with the "other one", manual would be great, but no one in my home would be able to drive it if there is an emergency, and the "auto" is so good already, cant go wrong either way
No shame in that. All that matters is you’re getting into a Supra 🤙🏼

mattcube64

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Wranlger, 2019 4Runner
First post! Bought a 2016 manual Challenger Hellcat when it was new, and drove it for a few years. Ended up getting a Wrangler for family fun at the start of COVID - but now want a weekend car and have been mulling between a few options for the last ~6 months. As soon as the manual Supra was announced, I knew that was it.

Totally new kind of vehicle for me, and I'm not familiar with Toyota ordering beyond them not being able to "build to order." I have a local dealership that advertises they never sell over sticker - and so I went in and put down a deposit for the A91-MT in white. Dealer said I was first on the list in the area for their dealer network, but with only 250 units (500 divided by two colors) they cannot promise anything - only that they have big inventory and can likely trade with other dealers if they're willing.

Long story short - what's the best move? Should I put all my faith in this dealer that seems cool but can't promise me anything, or should I be putting a deposit down at another one or two different dealers in my general area? Does anything get back to Toyota that could make me ineligible?

Appreciate any advice.

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
First post! Bought a 2016 manual Challenger Hellcat when it was new, and drove it for a few years. Ended up getting a Wrangler for family fun at the start of COVID - but now want a weekend car and have been mulling between a few options for the last ~6 months. As soon as the manual Supra was announced, I knew that was it.

Totally new kind of vehicle for me, and I'm not familiar with Toyota ordering beyond them not being able to "build to order." I have a local dealership that advertises they never sell over sticker - and so I went in and put down a deposit for the A91-MT in white. Dealer said I was first on the list in the area for their dealer network, but with only 250 units (500 divided by two colors) they cannot promise anything - only that they have big inventory and can likely trade with other dealers if they're willing.

Long story short - what's the best move? Should I put all my faith in this dealer that seems cool but can't promise me anything, or should I be putting a deposit down at another one or two different dealers in my general area? Does anything get back to Toyota that could make me ineligible?

Appreciate any advice.
Multiple deposits and pricing in writing. Supra is a lottery car and dealer doesn't really pick what they get

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

Rasp58

First Name
Patryk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW 330xi
Does anyone know when dealers will know their allocations/arrival dates for 2023 supras? also any clue when pricing will be released?

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Does anyone know when dealers will know their allocations/arrival dates for 2023 supras? also any clue when pricing will be released?
Based on that leaked roadmap a while back, most of that should happen in June while start of production happens in July. Hard to tell how accurate that is, but most of the leaks have been pretty accurate so far.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
Since the Supra is getting the GS6, how is the GS6?
New trans. Related to the Z4 box, but different gear set, tune and shifter mechanism. Only a company test driver would know how this GS6 is.

BMW trans are not known to be best shifting/feeling but I have faith that Toyota will sprinkle some of their magic on this transmission.
Sponsored