THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

somekindafuzz

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I must be the only human that finds that dude horribly cringey... and I hate using that expression, but there is really no other way to describe his... "content"
‘Nope, he’s horrible. I can’t watch any of his videos. It’s some kind of weird forced robot persona - no one talks like that. After watching Matt, Jason or dude from savagegees, there’s no way I could sit through Doug. Even the engineering explained guy with the s2k does better car videos.
Sponsored

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Interesting! I don't know if it's a 2023 thing, a Japan thing, a pre-production thing, or some other thing, but the trim at the top of the wheel well is totally different than on my car:

Front wheel weel trim.jpg

The underside of my hood gets pretty dirty there, so maybe it's a mid-lifecycle change to address that? Frankly, I'd rather have an occasionally dirty hood than that trim continuously sticking weirdly out.

Also, that panel gap at the front of the hood looks less than great. It's not just that the hood isn't fully closed, either; the hood and the front bumper have different lines.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Interesting! I don't know if it's a 2023 thing, a Japan thing, a pre-production thing, or some other thing, but the trim at the top of the wheel well is totally different than on my car:

The underside of my hood gets pretty dirty there, so maybe it's a mid-lifecycle change to address that? Frankly, I'd rather have an occasionally dirty hood than that trim continuously sticking weirdly out.

Also, that panel gap at the front of the hood looks less than great. It's not just that the hood isn't fully closed, either; the hood and the front bumper have different lines.
Good catch! It looks like a splash guard of sorts. Its like ZL1 rock guards, after awhile your don’t even see them anymore.

-RJM

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra

That trim is required by law in certain markets. Not here, so we don't get it.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I think those wheel specs look god awful it might be the design but that video makes the wheels appear to be so small in terms of width. I know they’re the same specs as ours but for some reason they look TINY

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
New trans. Related to the Z4 box, but different gear set, tune and shifter mechanism. Only a company test driver would know how this GS6 is.

BMW trans are not known to be best shifting/feeling but I have faith that Toyota will sprinkle some of their magic on this transmission.
It’s a GR transmission that will not be shared with any other car. As I stated numerous times in the past, Toyota wasn’t satisfied with the BMW gearboxes throughout their extensive testing, so they “re-engineered” one specifically for the MKV Supra.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
It’s a GR transmission that will not be shared with any other car. As I stated numerous times in the past, Toyota wasn’t satisfied with the BMW gearboxes throughout their extensive testing, so they “re-engineered” one specifically for the MKV Supra.
You did state this before and I'm glad they actually carried the development through to production, finally. Here's hoping that the gearsets they chose for it are quite strong and durable well beyond stock power and torque.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
So did this new manual pass the Toyota test?
Sponsored