Time to end my A91 journey?

Should I swap A91 for GT4?

• Total voters

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Damn. When did this forum get so toxic. Just what some input here guys! Not trying to act like I have the most special car in the world!
I think that kind of stuff should help with your decision!

Always a tough call, but the GT4 is definitely the better car. If either of them is going to appreciate, it will likely be the GT4.

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
You’re asking about 10 years from now. Nobody knows what the market for MKVs will be like in 10 years and the special edition really doesn’t mean much to most people to be quite honest since they are all the same mechanically. Enjoy the car that you have today and be present in the moment. Don’t worry about the future. If you want a GT4 and don’t mind the maintenance cost of a Porsche, then sell the Supra and get the GT4. If you like the Supra, keep the Supra. Holding onto a car for what it could be valued at in 10 years is silly to me. You could die tomorrow and it wouldn’t matter at all. But that’s just my opinion.

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra A91 (Refraction)
I think that kind of stuff should help with your decision!

Always a tough call, but the GT4 is definitely the better car. If either of them is going to appreciate, it will likely be the GT4.
100% though I think I did end up finding the better half of this forum lol. Yall have always been great. I would have to agree with the GT4 though—Porsche GT cars hold their value extremely well.

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You’re asking about 10 years from now. Nobody knows what the market for MKVs will be like in 10 years and the special edition really doesn’t mean much to most people to be quite honest since they are all the same mechanically. Enjoy the car that you have today and be present in the moment. Don’t worry about the future. If you want a GT4 and don’t mind the maintenance cost of a Porsche, then sell the Supra and get the GT4. If you like the Supra, keep the Supra. Holding onto a car for what it could be valued at in 10 years is silly to me. You could die tomorrow and it wouldn’t matter at all. But that’s just my opinion.
Can certainly see that perspective too. Really don’t care about what others want in the future but rather if I’d regret selling an (allegedly) rare car and wish I’d kept it. Again, that’s something few can predict but it’s nonetheless important to think about what you really value.

Soliduz

First Name
Zelda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
The correct answer right here lmao. Just not practical for me though.
I think you just showed me my next sports car o_O. UNLESS I pickup another Supra. My prediction is that in the next 10 years there will be drop-in engines for the mkv that shit on the B58. And hate to rattle people's gears but the easiest solution will be to drop it into a 2.0

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think you just showed me my next sports car o_O. UNLESS I pickup another Supra. My prediction is that in the next 10 years there will be drop-in engines for the mkv that shit on the B58. And hate to rattle people's gears but the easiest solution will be to drop it into a 2.0
Yea it deserves a look lol. I think you’ve got a point there with the aftermarket going crazy if these cars dip at first due to a greater supply and people dumping them (prices fall at first). But then again if that’s true it may be a similar case to the MKIV where the non modded ones are super desirable WITH the B58–all banking of course on the fact that people like the engine. I mean it’s a good motor with insane tuning potential but is it special/memorable? I don’t know… maybe that’s what made the old one so special… it’s soul.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Best answer.

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
The GT4's manual gearbox is magic but the gearings are way too tall for the street

The Supra feels more accelerative whereas the GT4 is just long gearing NA acceleration (I am sure you get my drift)

Suspension wise the GT4 feels like a proper GT car which is awesome and the stock Supra feels like a softie W204 C63 AMG (wished the Supra has the AMG 6.2 NA V8 though). Did I forgot to mention the huge GT4 brakes? Oops

Stock vs stock, GT4 all the way

Modded then Supra is the weapon of choice.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
This really boils down to what your use case is. The Supra slaps, for relatively very few $, this car be easily hit 500-600whp and almost the same on the TQ side. It pulls like a freight train, i'm not sure you're going to find that same experience in the GT4. Street manners of the Supra is great however you could track if if you wanted to though it's lap times would pale in comparison to The GT4. The GT4 is going to shake your fillings lose on the street though and you'll have to wind the hell ouf of the motor to stay in the power band. IMHO, i think the MKV Supras will be collectable at some point in long range, they are only punching out like 2500 a year on average (to the best of my knowledge), that's nothing. At the end of the day, if you want to track the car a bunch and you want the Porsche hardcore driving characteristics, go for it. The Porsche is guaranteed to retain it's value and likely increase as well and at any point if you want to get out, you can just list it on Bring a Porsche and you'll be able to sell it no problem. 🙃

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The GT4's manual gearbox is magic but the gearings are way too tall for the street

The Supra feels more accelerative whereas the GT4 is just long gearing NA acceleration (I am sure you get my drift)

Suspension wise the GT4 feels like a proper GT car which is awesome and the stock Supra feels like a softie W204 C63 AMG (wished the Supra has the AMG 6.2 NA V8 though). Did I forgot to mention the huge GT4 brakes? Oops

Stock vs stock, GT4 all the way

Modded then Supra is the weapon of choice.

Agree with this. Supra is one of the best for modding right now. Though, I’m not big on modding my cars so the GT4 would definitely fall in line with my preference.

Bald Guy

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8, Zs, Type Rs, Rubicon 392s, and more.
If you can't have both, keep what you already have. Porsche cars have become astronomical price-wise for most people more than ever before.
Sponsored