Time to say goodbye :-(

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
Sadly I'm going to have to sell my Supra. I need a family car and as much as my 6 y/y daughter loves it, it cant be described as practical family transport and i have the offer of getting a company car.

It's been such an amazing car and I don't really want to sell, its just a fun car to drive and just as good pootling around, it gets great attention from others people and its so nice to get into after a rough day at work.

Not sure what I am going to get next, anything is going to be a step down in performance and handling, am thinking of a second hand Q8 or maybe a Discovery.

I am fishing, so if this bit is not allowed i will delete but the trade in, webuyanycar and carwow prices are pretty low at the moment. Been quoted 35-36k for my car, which is a bit annoying when you see traders selling similar for 42k+.

So i am thinking of trying privately first, I will list on here and probably Autotrader, but just asking what people here think it is worth?

It is a 2021 Supra Pro in red with 20k miles, un-moded, FTSH, 2 new rears in the summer, next service Feb 2025 or 15k miles.

I was thinking if listing it for 39-40k,

Do you peeps think that is a fair price and has anyone else sold privately recently?
Sponsored

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Best of luck mate, I don't have children so I can't relate (yet) but I can only imagine it must feel like more than a change of car alone but also a change in life, hope it goes well for you.

Try Carwow as well mate, it's free, you put photos and details and dealers bid over it, I have used it a lot and confirm it's reliable, just always double check google reviews of dealerships too, before initiating business with them.

Cheers šŸ»

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
If youā€™re in an area where the Supra is a 3 season car, then trying to trade/sell right now may fetch lower values.

Also not sure how vehicle taxes work in your area, but if you have a vehicle in mind, maybe consider how the dealer can structure the whole deal (trade value, new purchase value, taxes saved, etc.), and if all the numbers work out how youā€™d like, donā€™t sweat the exact value you get on the trade.

Malcolm Feth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Not sure about prices right now, but 40k sounds low. I would aim for around 42-43? Although, I expect red might be not the most popular colour

OP
OP
Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
Best of luck mate, I don't have children so I can't relate (yet) but I can only imagine it must feel like more than a change of car alone but also a change in life, hope it goes well for you.

Try Carwow as well mate, it's free, you put photos and details and dealers bid over it, I have used it a lot and confirm it's reliable, just always double check google reviews of dealerships too, before initiating business with them.

Cheers šŸ»
Thanks mate. It's on Carwow art the moment and i have sold a couple on there before in the past. Only been offered 35k so far from 1 dealer. Webuyanycar and the like are 34k ish.

Donā€™t sell it youā€™ll regret it!
I know and have been here before! I sold a 2010 911 and got a Golf R for the practicality.

Difference this time is we are cutting down to 1 car. So it has to have more that 2 seats!

There are lots of nice options out there. C43 saloon is a possibility and will put a smile on my face no doubt, but probably looking at an SUV to be honest.

If youā€™re in an area where the Supra is a 3 season car, then trying to trade/sell right now may fetch lower values.

Also not sure how vehicle taxes work in your area, but if you have a vehicle in mind, maybe consider how the dealer can structure the whole deal (trade value, new purchase value, taxes saved, etc.), and if all the numbers work out how youā€™d like, donā€™t sweat the exact value you get on the trade.
Looks like I'm going to have to, unless I try privately. It is coming up to winter, but our winters are relatively mild. But no doubt it has an effect on prices.

Not sure about prices right now, but 40k sounds low. I would aim for around 42-43? Although, I expect red might be not the most popular colour
Funnily enough the Carwow feedback said similar about the red. I went for it a was sick and tired of blacks and greys, but i must be alone on that.

I don't think i have any chance at that price, there are similar 2021 models cheaper than that from traders, who give warranties etc.

Even Toyota have 2021's at Ā£41,795.

That's why I figured no more than 40k

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
There are only two privates cars for sale on Autotrader, both higher miles though. 29k miles for Ā£38k and a 38k mile car for Ā£34750. The latter car has been for sale for at least 4 months and the price has gradually been coming down.

I've only ever traded one of my previous 27 cars, always sell privately. It's one of the very few incomes you don't need to pay tax on!

Based on my experience, as a unofficial rule of thumb, private buy is around Ā£2k to 3k above a webuyanycar offer, trade will be Ā£5k to Ā£6k above.

I'd say start at Ā£39500 and go down Ā£500 every few weeks. You'll suddenly hit a point where you get more interest, suspect it'll be around the Ā£37.5k mark though. Tough price as most people will want to PCP at this price point and don't appreciate you can do this through the likes of Oracle finance if required.

PaulBoxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0T GR Pro
Itā€™s also worth trying the ā€œMotorway Wayā€ ā€¦ I was really pleased selling Q5 and over Ā£2000 more than we buy any car

OP
OP
Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
There are only two privates cars for sale on Autotrader, both higher miles though. 29k miles for Ā£38k and a 38k mile car for Ā£34750. The latter car has been for sale for at least 4 months and the price has gradually been coming down.

I've only ever traded one of my previous 27 cars, always sell privately. It's one of the very few incomes you don't need to pay tax on!

Based on my experience, as a unofficial rule of thumb, private buy is around Ā£2k to 3k above a webuyanycar offer, trade will be Ā£5k to Ā£6k above.

I'd say start at Ā£39500 and go down Ā£500 every few weeks. You'll suddenly hit a point where you get more interest, suspect it'll be around the Ā£37.5k mark though. Tough price as most people will want to PCP at this price point and don't appreciate you can do this through the likes of Oracle finance if required.
Thanks, it's funny as during covid i sold a Golf R and an A6 estate via Carwow when it was Cazoo and got amazing prices for both. Seems like the shortage of new cars and semiconductors is no longer a 'thing' as second hand prices have dropped quite a bit in the last 12 months.

I think selling privately will be my next step with a listing on Autotrader and adding to the classifieds on here.

Itā€™s also worth trying the ā€œMotorway Wayā€ ā€¦ I was really pleased selling Q5 and over Ā£2000 more than we buy any car
I did that before Carwow and didn't get an offer.

Crimzon_Skyz

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra 3.0 Pro
Im quite sad that red isnt a favourable colour, however it is understandable in the UK with us all being a bit more reserved than across the pond. I agree with the other comments though, if you are trying to get the most and can hold on i would try and sell in spring.

OP
OP
Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
Listed on the classifieds if anyone's interested.

On another note, i spotted my first Supra on the road (yellow) near Hurstpierpoint this morning!

Flashed but got no response :-(

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
if its a possiblity, go for an M340 Touring, it is supra estate with the practically of an SUV, Amazing B58 and ZF8 speed, plus the newest ones are mild hybrids with the 48v, and heard that may help with company car tax, not sure about that tho ( Yank from across the pond). Seems like pricing is pretty close to US market now, a bit lower, a 20k mile 2021 would prob get between 45-48k USD depending where you are. While 22/23 cars still seem to all be in the 50's with 23's and manuals all still being 60k+

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Free thread bump for you.

But was wondering if you've had much interest. I see it's still listed on Autotrader. Prices of all (well most) cars in the UK seem to be dropping like a stone at the moment :(:(

Only owned mine 1 year and probably lost Ā£4k or Ā£5k on it. What a contrast Covid times. I ran my Jaguar F-Type for 3 years and sold it for Ā£4k more. All evens out I guess.

OP
OP
Hudson Hawk

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
Free thread bump for you.

But was wondering if you've had much interest. I see it's still listed on Autotrader. Prices of all (well most) cars in the UK seem to be dropping like a stone at the moment :(:(

Only owned mine 1 year and probably lost Ā£4k or Ā£5k on it. What a contrast Covid times. I ran my Jaguar F-Type for 3 years and sold it for Ā£4k more. All evens out I guess.
I did well with my Golf R. During covid it went up from 19k to 24k.

This time last year i was still getting webuyanycar valuations of 43k, today they are offering Ā£31k.

I've had a few dealers offering me as low as Ā£30k and as high as Ā£35k.

I think the time of year isn't helping as its not considered a winter car, but i think people are tightening up budgets too.

Not sure about the higher end of the second hand market, but i did read the 5-10k market has slowed right down and October sales was their worst for a long time.

Thanks for the bump, i have a price in mind and if i get that then I'll sell, but if it doesn't sell before christmas then I'll keep hold of it for now and rethink in the spring.

PaulBoxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0T GR Pro
Thanks mate. It's on Carwow art the moment and i have sold a couple on there before in the past. Only been offered 35k so far from 1 dealer. Webuyanycar and the like are 34k ish.

I know and have been here before! I sold a 2010 911 and got a Golf R for the practicality.

Difference this time is we are cutting down to 1 car. So it has to have more that 2 seats!

There are lots of nice options out there. C43 saloon is a possibility and will put a smile on my face no doubt, but probably looking at an SUV to be honest.

Looks like I'm going to have to, unless I try privately. It is coming up to winter, but our winters are relatively mild. But no doubt it has an effect on prices.

Funnily enough the Carwow feedback said similar about the red. I went for it a was sick and tired of blacks and greys, but i must be alone on that.

I don't think i have any chance at that price, there are similar 2021 models cheaper than that from traders, who give warranties etc.

Even Toyota have 2021's at Ā£41,795.

That's why I figured no more than 40k
Sponsored