Toyota Europe Releases "Born on the track - Toyota Supra A90" Videos & More Info Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
I said this before in one of the threads, where I questioned if we should be taking what we see in the videos,etc of the interior (including the tachometer reading) for verbatim. If Toyota was confident in the interior they would have shown it to us. This new 'info' further proves my point. Also, I don't think Toyota's marketing division is going to mislead the public by showing numbers off a race car in a street car video. That's the last thing you want to do - try to wow people with some fictitious numbers.
Sponsored

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
ahhh, okay.
GT-series race car means GR GTE car to me. the car pictured above is the track spec proto afaik.
I was assuming they were using this car as a test bed for the GTE car.
Track spec prototype? interesting. That would be a step above GRMN?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
the track spec car may be available on launch in select markets, and your question sort of provides the answer to itself but I wont comment further. Gazoo wants to do their own thing and I'd rather not get yelled at so.

OP
OP

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I said this before in one of the threads, where I questioned if we should be taking what we see in the videos,etc of the interior (including the tachometer reading) for verbatim. If Toyota was confident in the interior they would have shown it to us. This new 'info' further proves my point. Also, I don't think Toyota's marketing division is going to mislead the public by showing numbers off a race car in a street car video. That's the last thing you want to do - try to wow people with some fictitious numbers.
I have already said thoses values are test value donā€™t final spec of the engine. if the redline is 7000 make a test a 10% more isnā€™t amazing for engineer but interesting for ecu update :)

OP
OP

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Unfortunately I donā€™t see clearly the most interesting things velocity, engine rmp, gear levels.
With all these information you canā€™t easy found gear ratio. :(

GT-Four

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica
I am convinced that Toyota will not put different engines in their different variations of the Supra. They don't usually work that way. And it's too small a market for them to go through all the testing phases for each type of engine. If anything, it'll be the same engine with different tunes or minor differences in external components. Which leads me to believe that the engine in the car is one with potential and that the base 6cyl version will have the same abilities as the track pack or whatever they call it. Even if doesn't come out of the box with the same power levels.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I am convinced that Toyota will not put different engines in their different variations of the Supra. They don't usually work that way. And it's too small a market for them to go through all the testing phases for each type of engine. If anything, it'll be the same engine with different tunes or minor differences in external components. Which leads me to believe that the engine in the car is one with potential and that the base 6cyl version will have the same abilities as the track pack or whatever they call it. Even if doesn't come out of the box with the same power levels.
So you don't think they will put the 4cyl in the car? Or they will just have a 6cyl and super 6cyl?

GT-Four

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica
So you don't think they will put the 4cyl in the car? Or they will just have a 6cyl and super 6cyl?
No what I meant was that all the 6cyl engines will essentially be the same in my opinion. Even if some come with more power. The fact that we see 7700rpm probably just shows what the engine is capable of. I read somwhere that Toyota stated that they could push the car close to 500hp if they wanted to. That says alot considering Toyota LOVES to play it safe and leave alot of headroom which in turn contributes to their levels of reliability.

Regarding the 4cyl. I have no guesses whatsoever. It's a case of "don't know, don't care:)"

OP
OP

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
B58 and s58 can be 6cyl and super 6cyl but I donā€™t think itā€™s Toyota choose this option

GT-Four

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica
B58 and s58 can be 6cyl and super 6cyl but I donā€™t think itā€™s Toyota choose this option
Agreed I think Toyota will choose 1 engine and stick with it and make it work for them. IF that peak rpm is true AND the B58 isn't capable of that high RPM in its current state then I do believe the supra engine is not a (regular) B58

OP
OP

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Agreed I think Toyota will choose 1 engine and stick with it and make it work for them. IF that peak rpm is true AND the B58 isn't capable of that high RPM in its current state then I do believe the supra engine is not a (regular) B58
Yes you can see the engine topic same engine as x5 M40i itā€™s my opinion

The Comedian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Subaru BRZ
I'm not sure if this is possible... I'm assuming that it is.

Is it possible for Toyota to program the ECU down for everyone who test drove and gave reviews?

What I'm trying to ask is, can Toyota have the ECU say pump out only 350HP and a rev limit of 6500.

Then before releasee vehicle, have all factory ECU be 450HP at 7700RPM?

Wouldn't that really surprise the hell out of everyone?

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, especially if Toyota helped with the 48 bolt electrical system in the s58

7700 rpm and 500hp is on par with the s58 estimates so hopefully that is considered not a regular b58 lol

GT-Four

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica
I'm not sure if this is possible... I'm assuming that it is.

Is it possible for Toyota to program the ECU down for everyone who test drove and gave reviews?

What I'm trying to ask is, can Toyota have the ECU say pump out only 350HP and a rev limit of 6500.

Then before releasee vehicle, have all factory ECU be 450HP at 7700RPM?

Wouldn't that really surprise the hell out of everyone?
Fair point though I think 450hp is optimistic. It's possible they did that. Especially considering Tada San has spoken of high revving 6cyl engine many times and the test cars weren't

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fair point though I think 450hp is optimistic. It's possible they did that. Especially considering Tada San has spoken of high revving 6cyl engine many times and the test cars weren't
I did recall A70 said they were testing the market and potentially making the USA trims have more power, and I always suggested it would be 425.

If tehy actually make it 400 HP, or 425, I'm going to lose it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.