Toyota Europe releases deadline for updates on announcements & opens reservations for Supra

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
Today I got the first mail after the confirmation for the reservation. It’s from Tada himself :cool:

Tetsuya Tada - Chief Developer

Dear Mike,
Thank you for your online reservation! I congratulate you on the exclusive right of first refusal of the new Toyota Supra, which celebrates its official premiere in January 2019 at the Detroit Auto Show.

As soon as the Supra project was launched in 2012, I was determined to create a modern, contemporary sports car that would, at the same time, do justice to its heritage: Equipped with the iconic in-line six-cylinder engine and a compact front-engine / rear-drive Configuration for the greatest possible driving experience.

As a chief developer, I can not wait for you to take the wheel and experience the perfect control feeling and the uniquely sharp sound of the six-cylinder in-line.

You'll find that this car is not just about performance, it's about ultimate driving pleasure - an exciting and uplifting driving experience that will inspire you.

It shows the true value of the 5th generation Supra: I'm sure it will bring back the driving passion and driving pleasure to many people, starting with you.

Enjoy the feeling. Tetsuya Tada, chief developer

BF995B2F-0854-4C82-9C75-6A0597C14228.jpeg

Exclusive wallpapers

Download your exclusive Toyota Supra Wallpaper for desktop and mobile devices, signed by chief developer Tetsuya Tada.
E59D3414-7716-4AA6-82D3-29BE91EE59DF.png
71410301-D96C-4810-8F55-B7D4C46A5578.png
62F0BBF9-918B-482A-9ED4-69513841E9CE.png
AAA6A889-3CE4-4838-9336-A7CF016EB985.png
Sponsored

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Next Mail came in today:

You will love this sound

... and it sounds even better when it finally belongs to you!

Dear Mike,
There are not many things that sound as unadulterated as the harmonic and full sound of a straight six-cylinder engine. We are pleased to present you as the future Supra owner a first audition of the Supra sound.

While we can not yet unveil the breathtaking curves of the new Supra, we're sure the sound of the responsive 3-liter drivetrain in the heart of the new Toyota Supra will shorten the wait for you to debut in Detroit.

Before pressing Start, make sure you have your headphones ready. It's worth it, promise!

Experience the sound of the Supra
Followed by a link to the already known teaser.

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Well it certainly looks like the marketing depts for Europe and the UK are doing separate things then. UK Toyota have not sent either of those emails.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well it certainly looks like the marketing depts for Europe and the UK are doing separate things then. UK Toyota have not sent either of those emails.
As far as I know the UK is a part of Europe :hmm: :cool:

But you’re right man! Maybe it’s Toyota Germany pushing the hype a little more. Don’t know what ist about in other European Countries. Are you @Webweasel one of those who reserved a Supra?

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interestingly enough I just got the engine sound email.

Looks like its the same vid, but on Toyota UK's youtube now.

I left em a comment saying their marketing depts should coordinate as we have already seen it ;-) This is the internet, there are no "regions" and news spreads like wildfire.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
As far as I know the UK is a part of Europe :hmm: :cool:

But you’re right man! Maybe it’s Toyota Germany pushing the hype a little more. Don’t know what ist about in other European Countries. Are you @Webweasel one of those who reserved a Supra?
Toyota sales and marketing are broken down by region, so it's normal to see inconsistencies like that (despite being Toyota Europe).

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota sales and marketing are broken down by region, so it's normal to see inconsistencies like that (despite being Toyota Europe).
Yeah, that's totally expected. Companies are only just starting to wake up to the fact that the internet is global and you can't just release information in one market anymore. Most examples are in the media, i.e. game of thrones gets released at the same time globally now. Mostly to stop piracy but also because it was pissing people off due to spoilers on the internet.

I'm not surprised that non-media companies have not woken up to this yet, but that will change as we all move away from traditional broadcast media to internet/on demand. I'd expect companies like Toyota to take a lot longer to wake up to this though.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
haha agreed, though they probably don't account for and/or don't care about those of us on the forums.

most of the stuff from Europe doesn't make it on to my social media interestingly enough (language barriers and distances still play their part I suppose).

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
it's been sold out in most of the countries it was offered in, both in presale and general dealer backorder (according to my guys). I've read on here that in the UK they are apparently still offering it though.

seems a bit odd, but there are a variety of factors and I'm no expert so.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300