Toyota Europe releases deadline for updates on announcements & opens reservations for Supra

bonanzka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F20 120d+
Surprisingly, my local dealer had some new information for me. Allegedly, the number of Supras for Germany has been increased from 300 to 350. Besides these 300 models are already all reserved. But on the German website reservation is apparently still possible.

At the end of November there will be a Toyota internal event for the dealers at the NĆ¼rburgring, where all upcoming models of the next 18 months will be presented. Including the Supra without camouflage. However, no information will be disclosed to the public.

The debut in January in the US seems confirmed, the same applies for the European premiere in Geneva in March. The press event for Europa will take place in May, the demonstration vehicles for the deals will be delivered in August. Production start is Q2 2019.

In addition, the 2.0 4 cylinder model was confirmed.

I'll keep you up to date on further Information, if interested specifically for Germany and Europe.
Sponsored

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
Surprisingly, my local dealer had some new information for me. Allegedly, the number of Supras for Germany has been increased from 300 to 350. Besides these 300 models are already all reserved. But on the German website reservation is apparently still possible.

At the end of November there will be a Toyota internal event for the dealers at the NĆ¼rburgring, where all upcoming models of the next 18 months will be presented. Including the Supra without camouflage. However, no information will be disclosed to the public.

The debut in January in the US seems confirmed, the same applies for the European premiere in Geneva in March. The press event for Europa will take place in May, the demonstration vehicles for the deals will be delivered in August. Production start is Q2 2019.

In addition, the 2.0 4 cylinder model was confirmed.

I'll keep you up to date on further Information, if interested specifically for Germany and Europe.
I talked to my dealer a little earlier so itā€™s no surprise when some new facts (or rumors) came out in between. 350 for Germany? So itā€™s club 950 now? Or did they cut them off in another country? And why the f*** do they still accept reservations (for money) when no car is virtually left?

I heard about that event in November too, but my dealer was only guessing about the Supra. Iā€™m wondering about that concrete information (Supra without camouflage) and Iā€™m not able to believe in it at this time.

Everything else isnā€™t actually new, but good to have some confirmation.

bonanzka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F20 120d+
I talked to my dealer a little earlier so itā€™s no surprise when some new facts (or rumors) came out in between. 350 for Germany? So itā€™s club 950 now? Or did they cut them off in another country? And why the f*** do they still accept reservations (for money) when no car is virtually left?

I heard about that event in November too, but my dealer was only guessing about the Supra. Iā€™m wondering about that concrete information (Supra without camouflage) and Iā€™m not able to believe in it at this time.

Everything else isnā€™t actually new, but good to have some confirmation.
Yeah, I think they cut them off in another country. The question is where...

I think there are *almoust* all 900 reserved and not finally exactly 300. Somebody should test it what happens if you set a reservation now. I read something about an wait-list after the first 300 reservations.

We will see what happens at the Event in end of November. I just belive what is officaly anounced. There are so much rumors at the moment, it's impossible to filter the correct Information.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
Yeah, I think they cut them off in another country. The question is where...
I reckon potentially from the UK, my dealer told me at the end of October only 143 out of the 300 for the UK were reserved, but also the UK isn't part of the 900 club so maybe taken from another 900 club country, or its 950 now!

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Your journey starts here

Dear Stefan,

Thank you and congratulations. You are one of the first in the world to gain access to the next generation All New Toyota Supra, the A90.

As one of an exclusive group, you will have access to a world of unique and unforgettable content and experiences.

At Toyota we are proud to be relaunching this exciting new version of such a great name in sports cars. We can't wait for you to experience the feeling only a front-mounted, in-line six-cylinder, 3.0 litre engine can give.

If you haven't seen it already, check out the All New Toyota Supra being pushed to its limit at Spain's Jarama circuit.

Guess its confirmation I'm in the 300 (I had put a deposit down about 2 hours after they went live)

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
Glad they mentioned experiences again.

Now just waiting for confirmation that they taking us all out to the nurburgring to test the cars :)

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
And I just got an email on the TRD Camry boasting 301 hp, aerodynamic body kit, and entune 3.0.

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
So what do we think the ā€˜unique contentā€™ will be? Apparently some special options only available to ā€˜the 300ā€™. We all hope itā€™ll be free carbonfibre everywhere, a manual transmission and an extra 100bhp but realistically what are you guys thinking?

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
So what do we think the ā€˜unique contentā€™ will be? Apparently some special options only available to ā€˜the 300ā€™. We all hope itā€™ll be free carbonfibre everywhere, a manual transmission and an extra 100bhp but realistically what are you guys thinking?
Sticker, Keychain, Plastic bag with Toyota logo, colored prospects.

I guess some giveaways, nothing really special. The influencers who took part on the test drive got a GR Powerbank. I think thatā€™s the maximum of what we could wait for.

Death666wish_

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mitsubishi lancer 5-speed (out of commission), 1991 Firebird Formula (out of commission), 2008 Toyota Camry
So a 2.8 can't give you the same feeling? What about a 3.2?

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
And another teaser email from Toyota today:

BALANCED FOR THE FEELING

Dear Stefan,

Your All New Toyota Supra comes with a 3.0 litre, six-cylinder engine delivering over 300bhp. But what really matters is how it feels.

For TV stunt driver Abbie Eaton, the new Supra makes balance an art form. Through its world class engineering and design, it achieves the 'golden ratio' between wheelbase, track width and low centre of gravity. 'At the limit', she says the feeling is 'almost like dancing'.

If you haven't seen it already, check Abbie's review of the new Toyota Supra from Spain's Jamara circuit.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
I got that email too, the thing that jumped out most to me is the "Jamara" circuit. Good to know they are proof reading the emails... Hopefully it means all the attention is on finalising the car instead!

Bosstee

First Name
Bastian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Somebody should test it what happens if you set a reservation now. I read something about an wait-list after the first 300 reservations.
I don't know since when, but acc. to the German site all available Supras have been reserved and you can now only sign up for the wait list.
Sponsored