Toyota Europe releases deadline for updates on announcements & opens reservations for Supra

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Apparently he had not really dealt with the matter so far. He also did not know that the reservation is valid until March 30th 2019.

He was sure, however, that the 300 pieces will sell very well for Germany. The same model should not exist after that. I do not believe that.

A test drive will only be possible from August 2019, not until the end of the reservation period. If I want to see the car at least before, I should do that in Detroit or in March in Geneva. Otherwise i would buy blind.
:mad:
Sorry guys, incoming rant. This is so stupid by Toyota. I might not be understanding this correctly, but according to the dealer are all reservation locked in after August 2019? With this time frame, the car releases to the public in Fall, so ppl that reserved way earlier can't get a test drive before then? Why can't they offer scheduled events for those putting money down, to AT LEAST test drive the car earlier than August? That could help push traffic. You let the press drive it, review it, and take photos why the hell your ACTUAL CUSTOMERS can't?

Toyota is not Porsche. Porsche has at least proven their products. Toyota hasn't even proven the A90's ability yet, but this order process and journey to market so painful and VAGUE! Your not releasing a 911/GT3 competitor, your releasing a Cayman competitor. Cayman GTS at best. If I was this obsessive about "perfection" and "tweaks" on my reports at work, I'd hope Toyota accepts bits of string as payment. Toyota is asking for way too much "goodwill" compared to what they're actually giving out.

Rant Over :).
Sponsored

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
This supra is looking more like a BMW 235i/240i competitor than a cayman.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
:mad:
Sorry guys, incoming rant. This is so stupid by Toyota. I might not be understanding this correctly, but according to the dealer are all reservation locked in after August 2019? With this time frame, the car releases to the public in Fall, so ppl that reserved way earlier can't get a test drive before then? Why can't they offer scheduled events for those putting money down, to AT LEAST test drive the car earlier than August? That could help push traffic. You let the press drive it, review it, and take photos why the hell your ACTUAL CUSTOMERS can't?

Toyota is not Porsche. Porsche has at least proven their products. Toyota hasn't even proven the A90's ability yet, but this order process and journey to market so painful and VAGUE! Your not releasing a 911/GT3 competitor, your releasing a Cayman competitor. Cayman GTS at best. If I was this obsessive about "perfection" and "tweaks" on my reports at work, I'd hope Toyota accepts bits of string as payment. Toyota is asking for way too much "goodwill" compared to what they're actually giving out.

Rant Over :).
That's when the 4cyl is due,so i get where Toyota is coming from

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
That's when the 4cyl is due,so i get where Toyota is coming from
What if the inline 6 is really limited? And the 4 cal is for the ā€žmassā€œ market? Is there someone who believes in that. I donā€™t do so, but what if?

I said to the dealer that Iā€™m not sure about ordering a car I didnā€™t drive. He said I should order in every case, because it will be limited to 300 cars in Germany and if I donā€™t want to buy it in the end, he will. He said that the dealers are not allowed to order the car without a customers reservation number.

He compared the availability and ordering process with the Yaris GRMN.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
What if the inline 6 is really limited? And the 4 cal is for the ā€žmassā€œ market? Is there someone who believes in that. I donā€™t do so, but what if?
That could be the case for markets like the EU due to the tax displacement rate, emissions, and etc. But I think the majority sold in the US will be the straight six version.

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
Highly unlikely. The first 300 will have some limited options, something like different wheels, interior colors and a numbered plate (xxx/300). Limiting the I6 to that low of a number might as well make it a collectable and extremely expensive. also we know at least 47 were made as mules which makes about 1/6th of the total production...? Just doesn't add up.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The first 300 will not include the production mules. IT will be the first 300 sold to the public
Thatā€™s correct. Production starts March 2019, from August some Dealers have them and those who reserved one should get them in September.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s correct. Production starts March 2019, from August some Dealers have them and those who reserved one should get them in September.
Why is the rest of the world taking deliveries way before then? In theory you guys should actually see them first being manufactured in your neck of the woods.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why is the rest of the world taking deliveries way before then? In theory you guys should actually see them first being manufactured in your neck of the woods.
Why do you think the rest of the world is taking deliveries way before? I donā€™t think so.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Deliveries in USA are in late Aug, early September according to my marketing colleagues.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
When did the delivery dates change? Were they not suppose to be at dealers this spring??
Sponsored