Featured Toyota Europe releases deadline for updates on announcements & opens reservations for Supra

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by R3VOLUTION, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Modal170

Modal170 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Liked:
    Then you can say the price without notice of which dealer so all these hack journalists can't go off in a hurry and write articles.

Mike Myers likes this.
  2. XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC Member

Car(s):
    2013 GT86
    Liked:
    any numbers for Japan or is this being released weirdly first in Europe or something?
    I'm in US, no website no pre-order for us, seems.

3. Mike Myers

Mike Myers Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
    Liked:
    Unfortunately, until now it’s Europe only.

A70TTR likes this.
  4. BRX

BRX Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Abdulla
    Car(s):
    Tundra, Celica, GT86
    Liked:
    My guess is the contract will have the maximum rumored price + mark up just in case ($70k) or simply a TBD. If that's the case I wouldn't sign it anyway unless it says somewhere you can retract the contract if you changed your mind.

If they're like all the other dealerships I dealt with, they would probably just keep the deposit. A friend recently put down $1,300 as a deposit for an X5 and when he changed his mind a few weeks later they didn't refund him a dime.

5. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2011 gti
    Liked:
    Pretty sure Toyota says the deposits are refundable

A70TTR likes this.
  6. BRX

BRX Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Abdulla
    Car(s):
    Tundra, Celica, GT86
    Liked:
    True, however they didn't say anything about a purchasing contract which this dealership can use to go around that and keep the deposit.

BrettS likes this.
  7. Mike Myers

Car(s):
    Liked:
    I will not sign a contract without exact price. My payed reservation is valid until March 30th 2019 and if I don’t sign until then, they refund the reservation fee. They will refund it too if I cancel my reservation. I can do that every time without any reason.

I think It would be another thing if I’d sign a purchase contract.

BRX and MA617M like this.
  8. Ursicles

Ursicles Active Member

First Name:
    RC
    Car(s):
    Mazda Mx5
    Liked:
    In the UK the deposit is fully refundable.

You can spec the car etc etc, and then after driving a demo car, if you don't like it for whatever reason, the deposit is refundable.

Way i see it - 300 coming to the UK this year, its worth chucking down the deposit and seeing what its like.

9. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2011 gti
    Liked:
    Here’s hoping the rest of the Toyota’s around the world do something special for the first buyers

XtremeMaC and MLG Tofu Shop like this.
  10. A70TTR

A70TTR Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Tundra TRD Pro, ST205 GT4, JZA70 TT-R, Q50-RS
    Liked:
    My contacts at Toyota USA noted there will be a launch edition that may also include some special things for buyers, but I'm not sure if it will be anything exciting.

I have to look into Japan as that's where I am planning to buy my car and where I have been promised allocation so.

XtremeMaC, SupraStew85, EDub and 4 others like this.
  11. MLG Tofu Shop

MLG Tofu Shop Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Goh
    Car(s):
    Toyota Vios
    Liked:
    @A70TTR how did you get this job(it sounds like a pretty cool job)? And are you allocated to different countries quite frequently?

A70TTR likes this.
  12. A70TTR

A70TTR Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Tundra TRD Pro, ST205 GT4, JZA70 TT-R, Q50-RS
    Liked:
    long story on how I got the job, but I summarized part of it in another thread not too long ago.

anyhow, as far as allocation I mentioned having mine there vs anywhere else and was told that would not be an issue, so not really anything black magic. I'm not going for the launch car however, so that's another part of it.

MLG Tofu Shop likes this.
  13. MLG Tofu Shop

MLG Tofu Shop Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Goh
    Car(s):
    Toyota Vios
    Liked:
    Do you have a link to that?

14. Mike Myers

Car(s):
    Liked:
    Today I spoke personally with my Toyota dealer. His statement that I could already sign a purchase contract has turned out to be wrong. Prices and technical data will be announced together with the world premiere on January 14th 2019, from then on an order is possible.
    Apparently he had not really dealt with the matter so far. He also did not know that the reservation is valid until March 30th 2019.

He was sure, however, that the 300 pieces will sell very well for Germany. The same model should not exist after that. I do not believe that.

A test drive will only be possible from August 2019, not until the end of the reservation period. If I want to see the car at least before, I should do that in Detroit or in March in Geneva. Otherwise i would buy blind.

I'm sorry, no real news. :(

15. Jabba

Jabba Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joel
    Car(s):
    2017 Subaru WRX
    Liked:
    :mad:
    Sorry guys, incoming rant. This is so stupid by Toyota. I might not be understanding this correctly, but according to the dealer are all reservation locked in after August 2019? With this time frame, the car releases to the public in Fall, so ppl that reserved way earlier can't get a test drive before then? Why can't they offer scheduled events for those putting money down, to AT LEAST test drive the car earlier than August? That could help push traffic. You let the press drive it, review it, and take photos why the hell your ACTUAL CUSTOMERS can't?

Toyota is not Porsche. Porsche has at least proven their products. Toyota hasn't even proven the A90's ability yet, but this order process and journey to market so painful and VAGUE! Your not releasing a 911/GT3 competitor, your releasing a Cayman competitor. Cayman GTS at best. If I was this obsessive about "perfection" and "tweaks" on my reports at work, I'd hope Toyota accepts bits of string as payment. Toyota is asking for way too much "goodwill" compared to what they're actually giving out.

Rant Over :).

jm6k, Mike Myers and MA617M like this.