Toyota Germany confirms production Supra will be at the Detroit Auto Show!

Are you going to Detroit for the Supra unveiling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BrettS

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
North America release should still be spring 2019. Don’t know why Europe is getting there’s so much later.
Sponsored

JT

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Jalopnik Article:
Via the Supra MKV forum, a collection of probably the most patient bastards on car internet, we learn that Toyota of Germany has officially confirmed a Detroit unveiling of the production version of the new Supra. The company also launched a site for prospective German owners to reserve their car. (No word on reservations yet for buyers in other countries.)
:lol: Ain't that the truth.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Its to far for me, but is anyone here planning on attending the autoshow in Detroit?

HcNine-Six

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16’ Scion tC 94’ Supra 00’ Lexus LS400
Its to far for me, but is anyone here planning on attending the autoshow in Detroit?
You bet! It’s about a 5hr drive for me. I’ll have a bunch of PTO at the beginning of the year I need to use so I figured why not.

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
15 minute drive there.....you can bet your ass I'll be there :headbang:

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm just posting so I can get notifications. Hopefully we get a leak or a little fun PR stunt before the reveal to make us tune in

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
If this was a all toyota effort.. I’d be booking a ticket or would’ve done already to Detroit. But I’m not interested in the badge engineering debuts!!

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Saw this over at Supraforums. @A70TTR, did Toyota give out some A90s for people to play with?

Nick Stonawski; said:
Not to give too much away, but stay tuned for some of us forum members making a splash at SEMA. ;) ;)

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
Tundra will definitely have Standard LED headlights. And all new Toyota’s going into the future as they debut will come standard with LED headlight technology.

I’m glad some one finally asked about the Supra. From what I understand it will start in the low $40k’s. We are making a big announcement at SEMA 2018. Their will be two BMW sourced motors i4 and i6 mated to a 8 Speed ZF Auto. It will be made in Austria. Double bubble roof, fixed rear wing spoiler, engine state of tune will be reminiscent of BMW’s tune. I saw 355hp and 365 lb-ft for the i6. There will be nonfunctional air intake slits on the side just aft of the doors, but they aren’t as terrible as the ones on the 4th gen Mustangs. It will go on sale next spring. LED headlights and taillights. Tablet style infotainment on the dashboard. No manual was talked about.

This was on club lexus in the 2019 Higlander forum.

I think SEMA might bring some more news.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.