OP
OP
KahnBB6

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
They would be very foolish to restrict sales of the new MR2 to just the Japanese domestic market. And I figured they would re-purpose the G16E-GTS engine for this car if it were to be built as a gas only or hybrid. It just makes sense that they would put it into more vehicles to further amortize its development costs and serve as a bread and butter engine of GR brand vehicles.

The 3rd generation 86 will get it as well so Akio Toyoda is getting to do with the turbo three cylinder what Toyota of the 80's did with the 4A-GE Twin Cam engine being used in multiple affordable Toyota sports cars.

I still won't b surprised if it makes production as a hybrid given their company mandate to offer hybrids (or select BEVs) across the lineup from MY2026 onward but maybe the GR division gets an exception for a short time?
Sponsored

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Speaking of MR2's - caught this one today in Singapore while on the way to another event. Nice I was not having to drive and could capture it. My friend here in Singapore is in the Tuning scene with a shop and says he knows this car. He said there might be 6 of this version in Singapore. He had a nice exhaust on it etc. Nice road rocket!

SING MR2.jpg