Toyota GR Super Sport Concept

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Press Release

TOYOTA GAZOO Racing will compete in the 2018-19 FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) season after reaffirming its commitment to the development of hybrid powertrain technology through motorsport.

Following the publication of the LMP1 regulations for next season, which Toyota has played an active part in defining, the team can commit to enter its TS050 HYBRID race cars for at least the 2018-19 season.

The WEC project has contributed to Toyota's global target of making ever-better cars, particularly in the development of hybrid powertrains which has benefited from regulations which give manufacturers the freedom to innovate.

For example, the fundamental technology behind a 35% fuel consumption improvement since 2012 for Toyota LMP1 cars is contributing to the continuous improvement of Toyota road cars.

As well as technology, the WEC project has also contributed to Toyota's ever-better cars target by enhancing the knowledge and experience of road car powertrain engineers. Since the project began road car engineers have been seconded to the WEC team to learn new processes and working methods in a high-pressure environment.

TOYOTA GAZOO Racing will provide more details of its 2018-19 plans, including its driver line-up, early next year.

Akio Toyoda, President, TOYOTA Motor Corporation
"More than 100 years have passed since the birth of the automobile. As we approach times of tremendous change represented by electrification, automation and other developments, I am strongly determined to make sure that cars will be fun for the next 100 years.

Since 2012, we have taken up the challenge of the FIA World Endurance Championship, including the Le Mans 24 Hours, with race cars equipped with hybrid technologies.

Of course, we have always approached this challenge with a desire to drive faster than any other car and to win. Yet our cars carried our desire for more than just that.

Not only did we want to heighten environmental performance in terms of fuel efficiency and such, we also had a very strong desire to create hybrid cars that made drivers feel that driving is fun, and that made them want to keep at it and want to let the cars keep on going.

This year, I went to Le Mans for the first time and heard people cheering for Toyota. I also heard many people saying that they would like to see Toyota come out with a hybrid sports car like our cars in the race.

I, too, would like us to produce just such a car, and I think it would be one that would help make cars fun for the next 100 years.

This year, our cars were extremely fast on the roads of Le Mans. But they were not able to combine speed with the strength needed to keep at it for 24 hours. While wanting to provide cars that our customers will want to ride in and drive, I keenly realized that we have a long way to go.

It is highly regrettable that our rival in honing technologies on the roads of Le Mans has left. Yet the World Endurance Championship, in which cars of different categories race at the same time, and particularly Le Mans, where the battle goes on for 24 hours, including on public roads, still represent the optimal proving ground for achieving the goal of making cars fun for the next 100 years.

The ever-better cars that Toyota pursues are honed and created via the extreme environment of motorsport. That is exactly why we will persistently engage in motorsport, without being swayed by the good and bad of economic times.

TOYOTA GAZOO Racing will continue to race in this competition again next season. And, from here on as well, so that we will be able to provide our customers with cars that are fun to drive and cars that they want to let keep on going, we will continue to build on our skills and technology gained thus far. We would be happy to receive everyone's continued support. Thank you very much."

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
does anyone else finds it a little funny that Toyota would/could built something like this in house but than outsource something as important like the new 'Supra' to BMW?

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
does anyone else finds it a little funny that Toyota would/could built something like this in house but than outsource something as important like the new 'Supra' to BMW?
If anything it makes more sense. We all wanted Toyota to develop the MKV as another technological showcase & halo car like the MKIV, but if they are actually trying to develop a Toyota super car then I get why they are holding onto their cards for a more special project..sad for the Supra though as it shows they don't care as much as they could.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
If anything it makes more sense. We all wanted Toyota to develop the MKV as another technological showcase & halo car like the MKIV, but if they are actually trying to develop a Toyota super car then I get why they are holding onto their cards for a more special project..sad for the Supra though as it shows they don't care as much as they could.
i do see it from that pov as well. i was just echoing the same sentiment that many felt when Toyota did the same with the LFA. instead of a super exclusive car; they could have done something more affordable that can be enjoyed by more people. either way im excited to see what 2018 has in stored.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
60AD4CA9-97A3-4454-8447-DDD578047B4E.jpeg

51872ED9-3F6B-4677-9467-E5134AC602CC.jpeg

E4217250-1D03-450F-BF72-02D1E6213901.jpeg

44327EFB-6CE2-42EA-8CF8-B8512EA4ABA9.jpeg

[#東京オートサロン]
"Gr Super Sports concept" released with the hybrid technology forged in wec

The world first released "Gr Super Sports concept" in Tokyo Auto Salon, which opened today. The concept of the concept of "Ts050 Hybrid" in the 24 hours race and wec.

In the flowing and new form, the v6 twin turbo charger and Toyota Hybrid System Racing are built in the actual battle.
With a combination of high efficiency ev systems and a dilution engine, we aim for the next generation super sports car with the ultimate power and environmental performance of 1000 horsepower.

Also, in Tokyo Auto Salon, the "test car" will also be displayed with the vehicle 'GR SUPER SPORTS CONCEPT'.
Please take a look at it

Shigeki Mountain - Gazoo Racing Company President
It is not to create a sports car, not to build a sports car, but in various restrictions, how to put it into an commercially-available car in various restrictions, or to challenge toyota gazoo racing. It is positioned as manufacturing.

And there is a completely new challenge for Toyota to build a sports car from an active racing car.
In fact, it is still time to take the steering wheel, but we would like to feel this gr Super Sports concept, which we aim for.

At the end of last year, when I announced that I would continue to participate in wec, the president toyoda has been born for 100 years after the car has been born and the car industry has a big change in the next 100 I commented that I have been enjoying my car for years.

And at ces in the first year in the United States, the new mobility,"e palette concept" has been introduced as a public share.

The Gr Super Sports concept, if the e palette concept is the next-Generation Wagon, I think it is a personal, charming, and most seductive horse.
However, these two concept models are both an electric car, and perhaps they will be safe, friendly, and connector, with the cutting-Edge Technology Technology.
In the future, if the car's electric and it accelerate, there are many different forms, including the middle of this polarity, and the car will never be commoditization.

And further, the human desire that I want to move freely in my own will, and I want to move more quickly than anyone, and I want to move beautifully, is an immutable thing. People's emotions are rich and alarming.
For the next 100 years, Toyota gazoo racing challenge is still just beginning, but for your smile, it's a good time for the future of car industry to make it a good way to make the car. I'd like to go. Thank you for your support.
#TAS2018 #WECjp
TOYOTA / トヨタ自動車株式会社 Toyota Motorsport GmbH FIA WEC

zakira

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5, JBH D09, Metro, Uber and Lyft :(
Wooo, I want one!