Toyota GR Supra Races Into 2021 with More Power and First-Ever Four-Cylinder Turbo Model

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
You are correct. To elaborate, the GTR did change a lot and updated every year, whether minor engine mods, to suspension , steering, lots of cosmetics, and even at one point, the whole interior was revised, and that’s not saying the pricing increases every year. (69k when released, now over 100k) The nismo one is almost 200k and just a year or two ago, it was around 155-160k ish.

I’m not 100 percent sure, but that’s a big deal in terms of how japanese car manufacturers go. Not as common, could be wrong though.

l love the GTR, and want to see an r36, but the way nissan is at the moment, not sure we ever will anytime soon.
215k now rip
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Hopefully this will be 1-300 cars (or whatever the final figure will be) *per year* and not just that number in total.

The A91 Edition seems to be a one-year-only special though? I hope that once introduced the GRMN Supra will be available every year until MKV production finally ceases.
I could see it being a yearly offering, but it will very limited regardless due to price.

mande110

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
na
Ahem..... it seems there is a clue here, if anyone has the resources to decode it. :popcorn:
The sequence when reversed recites, 7DT85x9120101MM, which seems to be similar to the model designation for a ZF 7 speed dual clutch transmission. The "7DT" portion is the model designation (see e.g., of model information for the ZF 7 speed). The 85 seems to indicate the torque rating of the transmission. The 7DTs shown now have the designations 7DT45H/FL and 7DT75(A), which reflect the transmissions used in Porsche 911/Cayman, and the Porsche Panamera, respectively. Both of which seem to indicate that they handle less torque. So, based on my armchair analysis, with no ties to anyone, I think we will see a very stout 7F 7 speed dual clutch transmission in the GRMN. It would be nice if someone could figure out the "9120101MM" portion!

If it wasn't clear, I clearly have too much free time... :)

mande110

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
na
it's all one sequence purposely to confuse, keep that in mind. And maybe not all of it is backwards? :D

I'm not going to confirm or deny guesses either way...
I both love this comment, and hate this comment. Thanks for keeping me entertained lol

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
The sequence when reversed recites, 7DT85x9120101MM, which seems to be similar to the model designation for a ZF 7 speed dual clutch transmission. The "7DT" portion is the model designation (see e.g., of model information for the ZF 7 speed). The 85 seems to indicate the torque rating of the transmission. The 7DTs shown now have the designations 7DT45H/FL and 7DT75(A), which reflect the transmissions used in Porsche 911/Cayman, and the Porsche Panamera, respectively. Both of which seem to indicate that they handle less torque. So, based on my armchair analysis, with no ties to anyone, I think we will see a very stout 7F 7 speed dual clutch transmission in the GRMN. It would be nice if someone could figure out the "9120101MM" portion!

If it wasn't clear, I clearly have too much free time... :)
I may have information that suggests the 45FL....

Low end for tq rating, but aligns with the Porsche options at least.

Not sure if that's right though. Isn't that a lower rating than the current 8hp?

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, VOLVO, ACURA, DUCATI 899
I mean all cars will eventually be replaced by something better and faster. That’s how it usually goes. However, usually manufacturers wait more than ~6 months to tell you “lol sucker”.

Also, I don’t really read every post on a forum. :dunno:
You don't need to read every post apparently. You just said it yourself, "However, usually..." Sounds like you were gambling on something you knew would inevitably happen...I mean, what were you expecting? For the value to go up?

Just drive the shit out of it, who cares if the value has gone down.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
You don't need to read every post apparently. You just said it yourself, "However, usually..." Sounds like you were gambling on something you knew would inevitably happen...I mean, what were you expecting? For the value to go up?

Just drive the shit out of it, who cares if the value has gone down.
not sure where you see the value has gone down at? It’s not selling for above msrp anymore but they aren’t just giving them away like corollas like everybody think they are. They still gotta make invoice.

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
not sure where you see the value has gone down at? It’s not selling for above msrp anymore but they aren’t just giving them away like corollas like everybody think they are. They still gotta make invoice.
I'm not going by numbers, I am responding to the members complaining that their GR Supras have now depreciated. And you're right, at the end of the day, Toyota will still make it's money!

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I'm not going by numbers, I am responding to the members complaining that their GR Supras have now depreciated. And you're right, at the end of the day, Toyota will still make it's money!
I tried to lowball one for giggles yesterday and they looked at me and said GTFO. Lmao . I was like 2021 has more hp and etc. They were like, you can wait for the 2021 then. Bc the 2020 is this price. I was like ughh

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I tried to lowball one for giggles yesterday and they looked at me and said GTFO. Lmao . I was like 2021 has more hp and etc. They were like, you can wait for the 2021 then. Bc the 2020 is this price. I was like ughh
Yea, dealers are just taking advantage of the fools & rich folks. They're either upmarking by the thousands or auctioning the car. It reminds me a lot of the Acura Integra Type R when it was released here in the states. People were buying the cars before they were released and paying higher than MSRP.
I mean, I see the 1st release in 2 ways. 1. For the actual Toyota Supra fan, and 2. for folks that have money and want to get some praise to boost their ego. Maybe a 3rd one is in there, that's for those that want their ego boosted, but are now in debt paying off the loan and interest rates...lol

For that money, I'd shop for a real estate property in the S. states and turn it into a cash generating machine. Actually, I'll do just that this year! loll

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
Speaking the ITR, I remember staring at one for like 1 hour for the first time when somebody had it at the meet back in 98. Championship white. Lol

I remember seeing one brand new at the Acura dealer sitting there at msrp. sales person asked me if I wanted to buy it. Lol

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
How low are we talking?
Sponsored