Toyota "Preparing" Hotter Supra GRMN, Says Chief Engineer

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Actually i think it will be later than anyone thinks. These guys are not familiar with how things are with BMW engines. They are used to 2JZ, or VR38 and other hugely supported platforms. I will agree that B58 will make 400whp easier than anyone think. I can argue that it will be even the easiest. Slap on a JB4and intake and be done. 500whp? just add hybrid turbo and on meth it can be reached. On par with VR38 in terms of ease of process. 1000hp though, its a whole other ball park. You will need to learn Russian because you are gonna get to know with so many of them to get the RSA codes of the Tricore ECU unencrypted to bypass the fuel cap set in the ECU and that’s just of the many things to do. Or ask Syvecs to build a PnP standalone that can control the ZF TCU as well which hasn’t happened yet.
PerformanceSound says before and 93Siro says after.

Everyone place their bets through me on who's prediction on hitting 1000hp by an unclear arbitrary date is right, I will be charging 10% booking fee and I only accept Paypal and bitcoin
Sponsored

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
There are a few tricks built into the A90 that allow for better bpu tuning, one of which is the turbo.

I'm sure they will elaborate more on it when the car is released.
@A70TTR , many folks will be surprised.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Additionally, due to the tuning culture of Toyota vs BMW, I actually suspect there will be more support from Japanese tuners which will help push modifications further and faster than has happened with the B58 and some other BMW models up to this point.

It will be interesting to see how things play out.

Jeff

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Additionally, due to the tuning culture of Toyota vs BMW, I actually suspect there will be more support from Japanese tuners which will help push modifications further and faster than has happened with the B58 and some other BMW models up to this point.

It will be interesting to see how things play out.

Jeff
Jeff, it will be quite interesting indeed!

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
@A70TTR , many folks will be surprised.
I agree, although it isn't black magic or anything. More of yes, they were thinking about these things and such here are some things to aid in your goals.

The 86 had things of that nature too, the spacing for roll cages, factory rolled fenders, etc.

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
@PerformanceSound @A70TTR

Just a thought...the Alpha cars' production may be some time away to give room for the A90 to have its exposure to the market.
I was thinking...the last time there was a special edition Supra, it was in 1997 for the 15th anniversary...the next monumental anniversary is its 40th year which would be in 2022!
Do you think the Alpha car may be released in 2022 as a limited edition run for the Supra's 40th Anniversary?!

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
FWIW, the 15th anniversary edition Supra didn't make any sense. The 15th anniversary of what exactly?

2019 is the 40th anniversary.

Jeff
I never knew why 1997 was a yr for an anniversary but it existed in Toyota's mind...I was just counting from 1997 to see when the next critical yr would be.
From what I could tell, it wasn't until 1982 that the Supra became a distinct model separate from the Celica...1982-1997 would be 15yrs!
- 2019 would be 40 yrs since the Celica-Supra
- 2022 would be 40 yrs since the "Supra"

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@PerformanceSound @A70TTR

Just a thought...the Alpha cars' production may be some time away to give room for the A90 to have its exposure to the market.
I was thinking...the last time there was a special edition Supra, it was in 1997 for the 15th anniversary...the next monumental anniversary is its 40th year which would be in 2022!
Do you think the Alpha car may be released in 2022 as a limited edition run for the Supra's 40th Anniversary?!
That has been the million dollar question....that and cost. I have been trying to get my source to tell me, but all he is saying is “save up and be ready, it will be expensive and won’t be as attainable.” The way I decipher this is that because of the “alpha” cars limited production, they will not only be expensive (not supercar expensive) but also scarse at dealerships (i.e., each dealer may be allotted one or something) marking them up even more. Again, this is my hypothesis on the topic based on the limited info on pricing and availability.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
Is it 15 years from when it became just the Supra and not "Celica Supra"

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, the 15th anniversary edition Supra didn't make any sense. The 15th anniversary of what exactly?

2019 is the 40th anniversary.

Jeff
You are right Jeff, it never made sense to have the 97’s as Limited Editions. If I recall (someone correct me if im wrong), they only put Limited Edition stickers on 97’s when the cars arrived at the docks here in the States as directed by Toyota USA to help boost sales. They figured if the car was “Limited Edition” it would make it more special and US customers would be storming in dealers to buy them. I believe it worked....lol....not by a huge margin but it worked.
Sponsored

Last edited: