Toyota "Preparing" Hotter Supra GRMN, Says Chief Engineer

ichitaka05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/71026

95CC6DC3-E6AD-45AD-9379-62639561EE8E.jpeg

Supra "Pra GRMN" expected to appear in 2021. It is a full-fledged tuning model equipped with a 400ps over straight 6 and 3L turbo

Normally, the 340ps / 51.0kgm 3L turbo is sure to be over 400ps, and it is rumored that there is also information that a manual for GRMN will be prepared.

The main concept of a normal Supra is a sports car that can be run on public roads in a fun way, but the GRM is a specification that can also be used for full-scale circuit driving, and will be a completely different type of ride. The debut is expected to be 2021.

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Not really a fan of the front bumper on that, but I like the hood and wing

halfmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lexus rx350
I like it. I like the front of the Supra as it stands now but it just doesn't quite stand out to me like the back end. This front end now stands out and look great like the back end and that front end looks like it's all business. Interesting to see though that it appears to have fog lights while the 2020 Supra doesn't have fog lights.

I know these are renderings but it's interesting to see that in this rendering the front fake vent next to the headlight is gone. I wonder with the GRMN version if the fender vent will be functional from the factory? Also, it appears to have a u-shaped hood vent. I really hope that's not for show and that it's functional because it that is for show, then they're going way overboard on the non-functioning vents.

The rear wing looks like it's going to be right in the middle of your rear view. I believe the mkiv's rear wong was high enough that it didn't block your rear view but this rendering has the wing right in the middle on the rear glass. That would suck if that's the case.

Other thing I noticed is on this rendering, the right side radar pod/box or whatever you want to call is not there. If this is anywhere close to reality, I wonder where they're going to relocate the radar pod/box? I hope they would just put the hardware behind the Toyota logo like they do on their Lexus products.

On a totally separate subject but I guess related to the front bumper is, where and how do you mount the front license plate? If it wasn't hard enough on the normal front bumper, this will make it even harder. As I said in a previous post, I wish someone would introduce a bill for those states requiring front license plates to offer an option of getting a slider front plate kind of like how the Euro plates are long and slim. Maybe not necessarily longer but maybe just shrink down the information so it's half the size of the current plates.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh.. Front bumper and wheels are hideous. Obviously just a render, and not a very good one at that. Is Bestcar credible?

rtoadyt

First Name
Reto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Yeah, if that'll be the grmn, I'll pass. Thought the current look's awkward and garish, then this one comes out and well... I'll just buy the current one when reliability's proven to be 100% Toyota-worthy and when the aftermarket drops bunch of different exterior mods for this thing. I mean, could just buy grmn and put exterior mods on it, but then it's like putting anything non-oem on an R35 Nismo's oem body. Get the guy who designed DBS Superleggera and Vantage to design a90 grmn. I really sincerely hope grmn won't look like this hunk of catshit.

Tkoch86

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 FRS [Halo] now a Launch Edition GR Supra #1062
Vehicle Showcase
Oh god... looks like it mated with a GTR or Nismo Z:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::banghead:

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
If we now know that the standard Supra MKV's "335hp" is underrated then the "400ps" GRMN should be quite a bit more than just under 400 crank horsepower, right?

And a manual option sounds very tasty!

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
I guess this car is aiming for the upcoming Cayman gt4, except there is more tuning potential with the i6 T.
Sponsored