Toyota "Preparing" Hotter Supra GRMN, Says Chief Engineer

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
: Without a partnership with another Brand, you won’t ever get a new Toyota Supra. It could have been worse than BMW.

Please excuse my English, it’s not the best. But I hope you do understand what I mean.
now presenting the new Toyota Supra, a collaborative effort between Jeep and Toyota

:puke::puke::puke:
Sponsored

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
:thumbsup:
Twice as funny when you know that Jeep is now a Fiat Brand. :lol:
Fiats and Alfas never let me down. From my experience they are as reliable as Toyota owners claim their Toyota to be., simply built with lower tolerances. You are just repeating unjustified stereotypes and anecdotes.

Without a partnership with another Brand, you won’t ever get a new Toyota Supra. It could have been worse than BMW.
There you go making nation wars. Not that I care, but I could also add somethings: without Toyota Porsche would be bankrupt.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
We "so called
What other joint venture didn't end up at least being decent? The 86 is an excellent sports car despite being "under powered" and a few minor quirks. Some of you so called enthusiasts really reach for no good reason. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
It's the so called "enthusiasts" that know the difference between quality and quantity in a legendary sports car. The rest are just Beiber fans wanting to rock a "Supra" to try and get laid. :rofl:

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
Fiats and Alfas never let me down. From my experience they are as reliable as Toyota owners claim their Toyota to be., simply built with lower tolerances. You are just repeating unjustified stereotypes and anecdotes.
That may be your personal experience. An often quoted statistic in Germany is the ADAC breakdown statistic. The page is in German, sorry for that. But you will be able to see the highs and lows in every class. Here you have the 2018 statistic:

https://www.adac.de/der-adac/motorwelt/reportagen-berichte/sicher-mobil/adac-pannenstatistik-2018/

And here you can find downloads for the years before:

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/unf...v.aspx?ComponentId=169221&SourcePageId=259736

Let’s talk about Fiat and Toyota and BMW and their reliability after you’ve study that. ;)

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
One of the "better" articles I have come across that clearly explains the German auto industry's struggles with reliability. Educate yourself:

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/are-german-cars-reliable-myth-german-engineering.html
Thanks for the link. I have read it so far and it sounds not that bad for BMW like some guys here let me feel it.
And there is one point that I think is really important to know: The article refers only to JD Power. So let’s think about who JD Power is:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.D._Power_and_Associates

It’s no secret that their survey is based on customer satisfaction. And that’s some completely different than a breakdown statistic.

Please don’t misunderstand me: Toyota is a great brand. I do respect it for rock solid and reliable cars (but not really for design) and forcing hybrid technology. I loved my Carina, it never let me down. But I loved my BMW F31 and my 430d Coupé too, both have been great.

The only thing I want to say is, that BMWs Reliability is not nearby as bad as some guys in here say and believe. The ADAC breakdown statistic is on my side.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
I am German so I know. I just wish German cars were factually better than rely on marketing and brand value to sell, or just be cheaper, because right now they are a very bad value, that also negatively impacted the rest of the industry. Car prices are crazy high, because of tech nobody (at least not me) asked for.

Any that is going off-topic.

Hoping the Supra GRMN is going to be something. The Yaris GRMN is no joke compared to competitors, even though it is still less powerful than MINI Cooper S and Audi S1, let alone the AWD Audi A1 Quattro. The Supra GRMN better make 500 PS. Numbers sell.

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Enough nationalism! Back to baseless speculatory discussion please!
Albon, I believe you initiated this topic starting from post number 70. It's always the mods starting all the trouble....:rolleyes::D