OP
OP
SS09ER

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13
First thought on my mind was Porsche,and that is not a bad thing..A cheap car that looks classy is always good

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
No plans" to bring 2021 Subaru BRZ to Europe

Subaru has officially confirmed that the next-gen BRZ sports car will be unveiled on 18 November, but it won't be coming to Europe.

A spokesperson told Autocar that the coupƩ will be a US-only model and that there are "no plans" to launch it in Europe, as is the case with Nissan's similarly positioned new 400Z.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3381145

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
No plans" to bring 2021 Subaru BRZ to Europe

Subaru has officially confirmed that the next-gen BRZ sports car will be unveiled on 18 November, but it won't be coming to Europe.

A spokesperson told Autocar that the coupƩ will be a US-only model and that there are "no plans" to launch it in Europe, as is the case with Nissan's similarly positioned new 400Z.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3381145
Europe is outlawing gasoline cars as time progresses. I can't blame them.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
That's quite sad to learn. I hope the same won't be true for the GR86 version. Guessing here, maybe this has to do with Subaru's fleet emissions in the EU as a small automaker whereas Toyota is a huge automaker and thus does not have to make the same shrewd decision?

Also, it would be surprising if the little FA24 naturally aspirated engine is really that high on the CO2 emission scale but maybe that is the case...?

Even if my above guess is right there is no doubt that EU emission regulations are only getting tighter and that the road to hybrid-electrics and full electrics across an automaker's range and a full transition to all EV ranges is guaranteed.

Edit: This quote from the FT86club thread above also stands out to me as a possible reason for Subaru's decision:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/sho...2749da77951b5b60a166&p=3381153&postcount=1953

"Subaru UK was very close to leave the market the same way like Mitsubishi. Just imagine that they represent currently something like 0.04% of the car market with similar levels with Alpine. There were same thoughts for other countries like Germany with the sales going very bad. I would say that they are playing now their last card with the e-Boxer models, but BRZ gen 2 is the last thing to think now. Toyota is also busy in sports car segments with the GR Yaris and Supra models. They don't have the same interest for this car anymore. Given that Europe is going to a new lockdown, the sports car segment will be hit even harder."

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Headlights like a Cayman. Rear like an RCF. Doesnā€™t look too bad in those shots. Will have to see it in person.

Iā€™m more curious about the engine specs. Is it going to have a spooly snail or not? Personally I think itā€™ll be naturally aspirated but hopefully Iā€™m wrong.
Sponsored