Toyota Should Be ASHAMED - Pathetic parts support

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
Would you have spent $60k on your Supra
No LOL... you can get a real z4 for less than that.

I didnt want another convertible...

I probably should have got the 230 instead but I wanted something a little sporty looking. Hope there's gonna be an "i2" out in a few more years anyways. i4 is a fucking boat lol.

Anyway!

Won't you be OUTRAGED when your part finally comes in and it turns out the wrench gorilla that diagnosed it forgot to check the grounds/ the wires/ the plugs/ whatever instead of shotgun ordering an expensive electronic part that rarely fails 🥹
Sponsored

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Right, and you have the privilege of having a working Supra. I'm assuming you bought your (likely decades old) plane used and without warranty. You know what you're getting into there, it's not even a remotely fair comparison.

The fact that Toyota (BMW) has been building these cars for the past 6 months nullifies all your arguments. The parts are available, they could choose to allocate some for parts fulfillment, but choose not to. Toyota dealers can see all other dealer's inventory. I've gone down this road already, there are none because mine is probably the first car to have this issue. There's no demand on that p/n, so they haven't allocated anything, which is just another example of why JIT-based MFG is great as long as your supply chain isn't disrupted. This is part of Toyota's failing that you're not willing to acknowledge. I don't need Toyota to do EVERYTHING, I just need them to hold up their end of the warranty, you know, that agreement that comes with the car saying they'll fix it if it breaks? Would you have spent $60k on your Supra if it didn't come with a warranty? Nobody here would.
Parts do not exist for anything, used, new, nothing. The warranty has nothing to do with anything. Keep moving the goal posts to try and make your argument make sense. If that helps you sleep at night you do you. Call wreckers and find the part, bring it to toyota and have them install it. If they push back tell them youll still wait for the new part but you want a working car. Its really not that difficult.

My car is 4 months old and has no warrenty because its the furthest thing from stock. So yes I am willing to buy a ~60k car and have no warranty.

OP
OP
j50gt

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
Parts do not exist for anything, used, new, nothing. The warranty has nothing to do with anything. Keep moving the goal posts to try and make your argument make sense. If that helps you sleep at night you do you. Call wreckers and find the part, bring it to toyota and have them install it. If they push back tell them youll still wait for the new part but you want a working car. Its really not that difficult.

My car is 4 months old and has no warrenty because its the furthest thing from stock. So yes I am willing to buy a ~60k car and have no warranty.
If parts don't exist, how have they built any cars in the past six months? It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Oh. Except I literally am senior management in a supply chain position.

If parts don't exist, how have they built any cars in the past six months? It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
If you are a "senior manager" in supply chains how can you not understand JIT? If they are that squeezed on parts. Removing allocations could cause the entire assembly line to have to pause. Its clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

Im done responding here.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
?? They had parts. Now they ran out of some parts. And plant is probably holding on to rest of the parts to be able to build cars. You want one of those to be allocated for you, I get that, but you're low prio.. I don't get how you're in SCM.
I'm in SCM meeting right now with OEM trying to see how quickly we can move some material from one of our plants to other in another country to prevent line downs.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
j50gt

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
If you are a "senior manager" in supply chains how can you not understand JIT? If they are that squeezed on parts. Removing allocations could cause the entire assembly line to have to pause. Its clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

Im done responding here.
I do understand JIT. I just said that this problem exists BECAUSE of JIT.

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
If you are a "senior manager" in supply chains how can you not understand JIT?
Maybe medical/military or some other field that doesn't really live within the "real world"? Just trying to be optimistic.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
j50gt

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
Maybe medical/military or some other field that doesn't really live within the "real world"? Just trying to be optimistic.
Defense and medical aren't real world fields? Defense is way more regulated than automotive and the medical supply chain deals with volumes 10-100x the automotive world. I guess that explains the ignorance of your posts.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Defense and medical aren't real world fields?
They are not. They are more regulated in several areas, and skirt regulations in many others. They also don't deal with "real world" supply/demand curves, or budget limitations set by shareholders.

This is exactly why they run completely disparate projection models.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I do understand JIT. I just said that this problem exists BECAUSE of JIT.
Not everything in automotive is JIT. Like a vehicle with multiple cloth/leather seat combo perhaps is JIT that's from a close-by seat supplier, but not a radiator, nor a body control module. EDI's and advanced EDI's are sent to Tiers and trickle down to Tier N from there.
Pure JIT doesn't make sense. Even Toyota, the creator of JIT, isn't strictly doing JIT otherwise they'd have surrendered to Covid and part shortages ages ago...

OP
OP
j50gt

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
They are not. They are more regulated in several areas, and skirt regulations in many others. They also don't deal with "real world" supply/demand curves, or budget limitations set by shareholders.

This is exactly why they run completely disparate projection models.
What are you talking about? Here's just one example... a publicly owned medical company manufacturing BILLIONS of syringes doesn't deal with "real world" supply/demand curves, and doesn't have to answer to shareholders? You have NO CLUE what you're talking about, honestly embarrassed for you.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
What are you talking about? Here's just one example... a publicly owned medical company manufacturing BILLIONS of syringes doesn't deal with "real world" supply/demand curves, and doesn't have to answer to shareholders? You have NO CLUE what you're talking about, honestly embarrassed for you.
I was talking more about defense, not medical, but either way, I'm cool with being embarrassed... I'm just some idiot on the internet. Everyone on these forums knows I'm an idiot. But, I'm also not making a big fuss about some warning light on my dashboard. So it's a little give and take.

Obviously, the medical industry has to deal with shareholders, but when modeling "real-world" in the statistical analysis sense, which is something I have a little bit of experience with, the models and demand curves for life and death is still a bit different than say.. dishwashers or entry-level sports cars.