Should Toyota Supra keep FT-1 2+2 configuration? Or lose backseats?

What do you think should happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Is that just in Canada? My neighbor that sales insurance told me here in the US its really base on age, gender, marriage status, driving history, and etc. vs the actual car itself.
There's the base risk factor for the car and also the risk factor for the driver. Two different things that both affect your policy premium.
Sponsored

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
There's the base risk factor for the car and also the risk factor for the driver. Two different things that both affect your policy premium.
Location is the third major risk factor - it can make a substantial difference in your premium. All else being equal, downtown Toronto rates will be close to double those of someone living in a rural area 100 miles away.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Based on my province. ICBC is notorious for being shit. Its a crown corp, aka government run and it's the ONLY insurance. No private here expect for extras.
Yup and no competition for basic insurance so its a monopoly to make money....

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Based on my province. ICBC is notorious for being shit. Its a crown corp, aka government run and it's the ONLY insurance. No private here expect for extras.
And yet from all I've read your rates are lower than Ontario's, where the insurance companies have enough sway over the government to ensure they always get their 20% profit margin. As for competition - there really isn't much here, if you do find a lower rate it's always with tighter strictures (1 ticket or accident puts your rates up, etc).

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
Number of seats affecting insurance is a myth.

Insurance companies use actuaries to set the rates, aka people who use math and statistics to assess and estimate risk, expected claims, size of claims, etc.

Go get quotes on a Corvette vs a Civic R, Subaru Sti, etc. Corvette has two seats and way more horsepower, but is cheaper to insure because the old guys who drive them don't get into a lot of accidents.

In Australia, the amount of seats definitely affects insurance.

Even if the car had 100hp, with 2 seats only, it will be higher than the standard 4 seater/4 door cars.

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here pretty much goes 80% of their market - guys/gals in their late 30's and 40's that more often then not would use this as a daily, and drive kids to school sometimes. TMC sometime forgets that these people are the ones with the money.
Then I love listening to car companies how sports cars re not great sellers - maybe its the product not the fact its a sports car.

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
I am in my late 20s and i want a sports car that has at least some practicality . I believe it is pretty obvious that with 2+2 they would please more people , i dont't know why 2 seats for a supra is considered .

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
For me what's more important is that the total storage area is adequate - and reasonably shaped. It'd be great if it was as good as the 86's but that is not happening. I'm hoping it's at least twice as big as a Miata's and more useful than the 370Z's.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
Stumbled upon this:

481414.jpg

To bad they can't do the same today, so that both 2 seats and 2+2 can folks can choose what they prefer.

But when it is a SUV/CUV, there are all possible versions, 5 seats or 7 seats, from every brand, and yet they all s*ck.

PS: No, not all possible versions, no more 2 seats SUV/CUVs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.