zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Boy this has escalated
I have a buddy that polishes the floors at a gas station next to a Toyota dealer, and he confirmed a manual supra is coming out. I put a deposit in with a local dealer today. 500hp manual transmission HERE. WE. COME!

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I have a buddy that polishes the floors at a gas station next to a Toyota dealer, and he confirmed a manual supra is coming out. I put a deposit in with a local dealer today. 500hp manual transmission HERE. WE. COME!
That is concurrent with what I heard from my friend who cleans the vents in the Toyota building. He was in the vents dusting and heard the head of Toyota make the official announcement

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Civic Type R, Mercedes GLC
Will I be able to tune it though? How do I check? ๐Ÿ˜‰

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I am into high end stereo. Home. Even transformers are an issue. The major steel plant that made the plates for the steel laminate went out of business some time back. Many things are a mess, just the way it is. Ordered a very nice headphone amp and waited months but it was finally made and worth the wait. Just the way things are now, and may be for some time.

Reactions: zrk

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
For the record: I bought this car expecting zero warranty. Iโ€™d sell my warranty back to Toyota for 3$ as I roll it off the show floor. And I know there are many others with this mentality right from the beginning.

Ordering any parts is hard but cut out the middle man and go straight to BMW to get the parts even faster

OP
OP
j50gt

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
For the record: I bought this car expecting zero warranty. Iโ€™d sell my warranty back to Toyota for 3$ as I roll it off the show floor. And I know there are many others with this mentality right from the beginning.

Ordering any parts is hard but cut out the middle man and go straight to BMW to get the parts even faster
Yeah that's all well and dandy, but it's a $500 part from Toyota, surely more expensive from BMW. Not that it matters because they wouldn't have the part anyway. Either way there's no way I'm dropping that much money out of pocket with the car fully under warranty.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Yeah that's all well and dandy, but it's a $500 part from Toyota, surely more expensive from BMW. Not that it matters because they wouldn't have the part anyway. Either way there's no way I'm dropping that much money out of pocket with the car fully under warranty.
Then youโ€™d just have to decide if 500$ is worth a month wait. My answer could be no, but you can make that decision for yourself.

Did you call a BMW dealer and see if they have the part? Or are you guessing?

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
NO pay............no truckers, no parts = problems all round.

More Evidence Emerges That There Is No Trucker Shortage, There's A Pay Shortage
"No one wants to work anymore" is really "no one wants to pay workers what they're worth"

https://jalopnik.com/more-evidence-emerges-that-there-is-no-trucker-shortage-1848744439

2 good comments among others -

Last Week Tonight covered trucking in their most recent episode. They showed an interview with a long haul driver who is married to another long haul driver. Their income for the previous year was, on paper, $150,000. But after factoring in the costs of fuel ($100k), a new engine in one of their trucks ($13k), and other maintenance costs their take home pay totaled $23,000.
Itโ€™s not sustainable. The drivers who can get out will move to other industries where they can get paid better and not have to live on the road.

• Came here to mention the excellent John Oliver story.
    Funny...just like with teachers, if you treat people like crap, cut their pay, and add unreasonable expectations, you have a hard time finding people to do the job

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
NO pay............no truckers, no parts = problems all round.

More Evidence Emerges That There Is No Trucker Shortage, There's A Pay Shortage
"No one wants to work anymore" is really "no one wants to pay workers what they're worth"

https://jalopnik.com/more-evidence-emerges-that-there-is-no-trucker-shortage-1848744439

2 good comments among others -

Last Week Tonight covered trucking in their most recent episode. They showed an interview with a long haul driver who is married to another long haul driver. Their income for the previous year was, on paper, $150,000. But after factoring in the costs of fuel ($100k), a new engine in one of their trucks ($13k), and other maintenance costs their take home pay totaled $23,000.
Itโ€™s not sustainable. The drivers who can get out will move to other industries where they can get paid better and not have to live on the road.

• Came here to mention the excellent John Oliver story.
    Funny...just like with teachers, if you treat people like crap, cut their pay, and add unreasonable expectations, you have a hard time finding people to do the job
Sorry, but all this terrible copy/paste with no formatting adjustments landed you on the 'ignored' list. Which sucks. You often have decent information, but I just can't handle it anymore. RIP RenRed2.

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
How determined are you to keep this feud of nonsense going

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Bad enough that oil is hard to come by. Since day 1, I've been getting a warning that the trunk was open. No, it's not the emergency release handle problem. The hatch sensor was also checked/replaced. They diagnosed it as a bad body control module, which has been on order since the day I bought it... 6 months ago. First the ETA was 2 weeks, then a month, then 2 months, now it's "there is no ETA". Just abysmal support from Toyota/dealer service network.
I completely understand your frustration - if it is any consolation, know that there are other people on the forum in the same boat - folks who had their Navigation system bricked during the recall, etc

Did they give you a part number for the BCM on the Repair Order?

Have you tried looking on ebay or https://www.car-part.com to see if you could source a used one in the mean time? - I'm not sure if the BCM would need to be coded to your keys/vin, or if its drop in, but it might be worth it.

I'm assuming you are following up with the Service Manager weekly on the part? It might help calling the parts manager as well - sometimes those two departments do not play well together. Whatever you do, be as cool as possible.

On a larger scale, I have my concerns about how Toyota dealerships are treating the Supra in totality - it appears techs are not trained to work on them, the dealership tools are not always updated/available for troubleshooting, and in the long term it might be better to just take the car to a BMW Shop for service - it sucks but I have come to terms with owning a quirky outlier like the Supra.

If you haven't already, purchase this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NFLL3NT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and buy Bimmerlink and Bimmercode - they will help you try to avoid the dealership as much as possible.
Sponsored