Car(s)
Ford
I wonder how much longer until Toyota Canada decides to pull the plug? :p

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
One reason Canada sales could be low is because our shipment is super slow. I got my car in july last year. 2nd one didn't arrive at my dealer till january this year.

Cybermoose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe, 2015 Kia Soul +
Yeah, I got about $6k off MSRP in early February from my dealer in Ohio, and they were only advertising $4k off MSRP. The same dealer has two (actually, now just one, as of this morning it looks like) advertised for $6,372 below MSRP. My bet is someone could get it for $7k+ off.

My purchase was no trade in/outside financing so no silly business. They also let me test drive.

Any dealer still at MSRP is run by an incompetent, greedy ass.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Yeah, I got about $6k off MSRP in early February from my dealer in Ohio, and they were only advertising $4k off MSRP. The same dealer has two (actually, now just one, as of this morning it looks like) advertised for $6,372 below MSRP. My bet is someone could get it for $7k+ off.

My purchase was no trade in/outside financing so no silly business. They also let me test drive.

Any dealer still at MSRP is run by an incompetent, greedy ass.
Which dealer was that in Ohio?

Cybermoose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe, 2015 Kia Soul +
Which dealer was that in Ohio?
ToyotaDirect in Columbus. They were actually quite legit, too, from what I could tell. Paint was a bit swirled but nothing a few hours with a buffer didn't fix. Also all their Supras have/had been on the lot for months on end, so they had some incentive to get them moving, too, as they're kind of a high volume dealer here.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I wonder how much longer until Toyota Canada decides to pull the plug? :p
Calm your pants. The MK5 is already more successful than it's predecessor. 227 MK4s sold in total for Canada. So far for, combine sales of 19s and 20s for the MK5 is 292 units.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
My buying experience was interesting. I leased my car a month ago from Maita in Sacramento. I found them through Car Guru. They had 5 Supras on the lot: a Launch Edition with $15 markup, 3 Premiums at msrp, and 1 base (the car I got) for $5,100 below msrp. The beauty of mine is that it is red, which I wanted, and also has nearly all the features of the premium ordered as separate options including JBL, Enhanced Driver Assist with radar cruise, carbon fiber mirror caps, and hood protection film. What sealed the deal was my trade in: a pristine 2016 GT350 with 26K miles. Maita offered me $31K, saying that's what they paid at auctions. Fortunately I had already had my car appraised at Car Max where they offered me $37K. All I had to do was show Maita the Car Max offer and they matched it. BTW the other four Supras are still there.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I see numbers from Europe were just added. Does anyone know where we can find numbers for Japan? :hmm:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
342 in Jan, 0 in Feb and 1,013 in March. I wonder what happened in Feb? Funny how sales go up once the stealerships start selling at MSRP or below.

https://carsalesbase.com/us-toyota-supra/
The numbers from carsalebase are not correct. Real numbers for Feb & March via Toyota press release below.

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
My buying experience was interesting. I leased my car a month ago from Maita in Sacramento. I found them through Car Guru. They had 5 Supras on the lot: a Launch Edition with $15 markup, 3 Premiums at msrp, and 1 base (the car I got) for $5,100 below msrp. The beauty of mine is that it is red, which I wanted, and also has nearly all the features of the premium ordered as separate options including JBL, Enhanced Driver Assist with radar cruise, carbon fiber mirror caps, and hood protection film. What sealed the deal was my trade in: a pristine 2016 GT350 with 26K miles. Maita offered me $31K, saying that's what they paid at auctions. Fortunately I had already had my car appraised at Car Max where they offered me $37K. All I had to do was show Maita the Car Max offer and they matched it. BTW the other four Supras are still there.
What are the numbers on your lease if you don’t mind me asking?

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
I was curious how sales have been recently, with everything going on. In the U.S, looks like Toyota has been selling around 5 a day. Averaging around 150 a month. We might see increased hidden dealer incentive.
Sponsored