Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Toyota Supra, 02 Nissan Silvia, 09 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
Do u guys think we will anything close to the FT-1 steering wheel fingers crossed?
I have my doubts.
Definitely dont think we'll get a flat bottom or ''engine start'' button the steering wheel
Sponsored

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
So this image here, is the one of the bunch spied early last year, I believe.
To me, the whole layout/design still looks very BMW like. Specially that iDrive system and stupid looking digital auto gear shifter.

I was and am still under the assumption that is just BMW parts bin stuff for the test mule.
Despite the fact there is clearly a Toyota steering wheel. That doesn't really mean anything though
I take you are not a BMW fan? Ha ha I am with you man, I want as much “Toyota”’ as possible!

Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I take you are not a BMW fan? Ha ha I am with you man, I want as much “Toyota”’ as possible!
haha, no no, its not that, I dont mind BMWs, they do the job lol.

I have a mate who works for BMW here in Brisbane, Aust and has done for about 4-5 years. So I've been in quite a few of their cars over the years.
Every BMW that I have ever been in with him, (multiple 1/2/3/6/7 series, M cars, X cars even the Z4 etc) the interiors have pretty well been all the same. Almost identical design through every model, for the last 10 years just about haha. Maybe they'll change a tiny thing here or there. Barely noticeable though.
I think the only interior out of them all, that looks quite good, is the BMW i8.

2jztks

First Name
derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 supra
:offtopic: again More likely to happen hell freezing over .Or the engine being built by Toyota with Yamaha and it having 3Jz stamped the side of it..

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Have you guys seen the new Avalon interior? That shit is mint. Basically a slightly lower spec'd Lexus interior.

2019-Toyota-Avalon-Limited-Hybrid-interior.jpg

If we can even get a little bit of this I'll be happy. But as @RyleyMA61 said, as long as the seat, driving postion, steering wheel and tacho are nice and in the right spots, then I'm good. BMW interiors are absolute :puke:, so I don't have high hopes, but we'll see. Although, we'll probably see in New York, if only the race car makes it to Geneva.

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
Have you guys seen the new Avalon interior? That shit is mint. Basically a slightly lower spec'd Lexus interior.

2019-Toyota-Avalon-Limited-Hybrid-interior.jpg

If we can even get a little bit of this I'll be happy. But as @RyleyMA61 said, as long as the seat, driving postion, steering wheel and tacho are nice and in the right spots, then I'm good. BMW interiors are absolute :puke:, so I don't have high hopes, but we'll see. Although, we'll probably see in New York, if only the race car makes it to Geneva.
@Guff you like that man?

I looked at it and first impression was flat and blah. Too bland with no character.

You have a Supra man, look at your cockpit the curves, the vents. We need something miles ahead of that with more soul and cockpit funk.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
@Guff you like that man?

I looked at it and first impression was flat and blah. Too bland with no character.

You have a Supra man, look at your cockpit the curves, the vents. We need something miles ahead of that with more soul and cockpit funk.
Oh sure, a driver's cockpit is a given. I meant more in terms of material choice, patterns, and color options. Most BMWs are black and boring, with the occasional smattering of carbon fiber. Plus I hate their gauges, always have. Even with their fancy screens.

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
Oh sure, a driver's cockpit is a given. I meant more in terms of material choice, patterns, and color options. Most BMWs are black and boring, with the occasional smattering of carbon fiber. Plus I hate their gauges, always have. Even with their fancy screens.
I agree with you there, the stitch work and two tone deff adds a nice touch.

Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In terms of modern, affordable sports cars, I think cars like the 86, 370z and MX5 have got the design pretty well bang on the money for being driver focused and giving you just the essentials needed

Toyota-86-GTS-2017-drive-interior.jpg

370z-nismo-performance-driven-design-rhd.jpg.ximg_.l_full_h.smart_.jpg

03.7_OVERVIEW_Gallery_Highlights_Medium_RHD_468x318px.jpg

These right here...
Literally all you need!!! :thumbsup:

Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Timmo598 Those all hit the sportcar target right on the nose. You see it the first 3 seconds from looking at the photo. That's the vibee
Absolutely 100% man! :thumbsup:
Couldn't agree more.
If someone showed you the interiors to these cars first, without seeing the outside. And you didn't know what they were. One would assume ''sports car'' straight away.
Thats the feel you need!

For an interior, the design is what i care about most. Not always quality lol.
Although quality helps. For a car like this, not essential

Status
Not open for further replies.