First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
I am convinced this is 99% bushing deflection and possibly some tire deflection you guys are feeling. Tightening everything up with full spl should virtually eliminate the unwanted movement
SPL Traction bars
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I love this car and I trust it going 140+ mph m straight on a highway with slight highway turns.
when it comes to an outer road with slightly sharper turns, I absolutely don’t trust the car as I think and feel the back will give out.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I think a lot of people also just forget driving style and experience matter A LOT. Does the 2020 have bumpsteer? Yes it does. However so does my 2005 S2000 and pretty much noone complains about the bumpsteer in that car. Largley because it can be rid of pretty easily with a bumpsteer kit or because people just know that its just a part of how the car acts.

With all that in mind, think about what kind of driver you are. Are you the person that just does highway pulls and occasional backrods? Well chances are you are actually not as experienced or know how to control your car as well as someone who is a track veteran.

At the same time, the track veteran might actually be taking advantage of said bumpsteer or its at a place where they prefer a different platform. Theres a reason why so many people talk about how good these cars are on the track. My mechanic regularly tracks his, the instructor i had on my first ever track day would not shutup about the Supra and how good it was.

To say that the suspension in these cars are poorly engineered, i think is just being ignorant and not a good review of how the car is setup. One driver may love how the Stock S2k is setup but may hate how the GT3 RS is setup and vice versa. Its all about how you drive and your skill level and how you can control it. Remember the BRZ and how everyone keeps talking about how you can have fun and kick the tail out whenever you want but still be at safe speeds? That was a major selling point for that car, but its also the reason why some people hated that car.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
BTW isnt bump steer related to the steered wheels = front suspension?
Rear is toe steer I think? Also Nurburgring is a specific track.
I spoke to professional race driver and he said there is indeed some problem is rear suspension but in his opinion its overblown. Also JackieDing said its not such big issue either. Thats good enough for me.

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
BTW isnt bump steer related to the steered wheels = front suspension?
Rear is toe steer I think? Also Nurburgring is a specific track.
I spoke to professional race driver and he said there is indeed some problem is rear suspension but in his opinion its overblown. Also JackieDing said its not such big issue either. Thats good enough for me.
The term Bump Steer can be applied to the front or the rear suspension.
Sponsored