Trading 2.0 for 3.0

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022 2.0
I have a ‘22 2.0 and a ‘20 3.0 popped up not too far from me. I want to trade mine for it. They want 49,500, with 8500 miles. I have a JB4, cold air intake, and a charge pipe installed on my 2.0. I was thinking about taking off the JB4 and leaving everything else on. Would they care about those things or should I just put it back to stock?
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
They usually do care, but if you give them the stock parts maybe not so much.

Mine is a 2020 3.0L Premium.. it's a great car man. GL.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I have a ‘22 2.0 and a ‘20 3.0 popped up not too far from me. I want to trade mine for it. They want 49,500, with 8500 miles. I have a JB4, cold air intake, and a charge pipe installed on my 2.0. I was thinking about taking off the JB4 and leaving everything else on. Would they care about those things or should I just put it back to stock?
Keep the JB4. It will work on your 3.0!

OP
OP

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022 2.0
I was planning on keeping the JB4 if I do sell, just not the other items. My main concern is the dealership thinking I was beating up the car because I have mods on it, but I didn't, and the mods don't really add much. I have a downpipe but i never installed it, I know that would be a little different. Do you think they will offer me a lower amount with just a charge pipe and CAI?

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
mods don't add any value. remove them if you want. dealer may give you less if they see those mods, because it's a hassle for them to explain to the next buyer xyz mod is on the car.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Holy crap. I should ask more for my car. 🤣😂

P.S. keep the mods.

OP
OP

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022 2.0
Holy crap. I should ask more for my car. 🤣😂

P.S. keep the mods.
What’s a good price? Should I counter offer?He said he had someone who wanted it who was fine with the price they have it at.

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
What’s a good price? Should I counter offer?He said he had someone who wanted it who was fine with the price they have it at.
Yeah? Then why’s it still on the lot. That’s a bs salesman technique.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022 2.0
Yeah? Then why’s it still on the lot. That’s a bs salesman be technique.
Good point. I thought that too. He said he wants to sell it to someone in the same state instead of going to this guy out of state. Sounded fishy. So what’s a reasonable counter? When I bought my 2.0 I got messed over, so I’d like to avoid that lol.

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Good point. I thought that too. He said he wants to sell it to someone in the same state instead of going to this guy out of state. Sounded fishy. So what’s a reasonable counter? When I bought my 2.0 I got messed over, so I’d like to avoid that lol.
Honestly no clue what the market pricing is. Maybe check cargurus and autotempest to compare.
No clue why he’d give a shit if it was out of state. Money talks. Unless he’s not in the business of making money (said no dealer ever)
Make an offer you feel is fair and go from there. If he had someone buying it for real it would be gone.

NCMIKE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Since you are thinking of trading, the delta of your 2.0 and his 3.0 is the important number. His going in number is a little high. In trade situations, I just go to Kelley BB for both cars and get a delta range that I can live with. Personally, I would keep to 2.0 if you happy with it.

OP
OP

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022 2.0
Since you are thinking of trading, the delta of your 2.0 and his 3.0 is the important number. His going in number is a little high. In trade situations, I just go to Kelley BB for both cars and get a delta range that I can live with. Personally, I would keep to 2.0 if you happy with it.
I think I am going to keep my 2.0. KBB was about 5 grand under what they are selling it for.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Meh. It's not so bad, I guess. I'm taking my car into the local Toyota dealership today. They offered me $49,000. It's a 2021 with 5800 mi on it.
I can only imagine what they will charge for it.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Meh. It's not so bad, I guess. I'm taking my car into the local Toyota dealership today. They offered me $49,000. It's a 2021 with 5800 mi on it.
I can only imagine what they will charge for it.
honestly speaking, you're better off getting the 2020 so you dont have to deal with sending the ecu overseas to be able to tune it. unless you're trying to surpass a bottom 8sec quarter mile, the 6 port doesnt really mke a difference over the 2 port.
Sponsored