Trading in my 2.0 (B46/48) for a Phantom Matte 3.0 (B58)

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Transferring lots of mods?
Possibly. Depending on how purist I want to be with this build, may just part everything out from my 2.0ā€¦

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
What year..?
2021 with an August 2020 build date.

ECU tunability is of no concern to me. I will have to pay particular attention to oil consumption, though Iā€™m not overly concerned.

CarMax offered a 100k/7year extended warranty for $1100 due to the low mileage of the car. I went for it.

Iā€™m also planning on taking it into a reliable shop within the 30-day ā€œmax refundā€ time period for a thorough inspection.

Any tips for the coming trade would be pretty nice!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
CarMax.. I would look over the car in detail before you hand over the payment. GL with the delivery!!

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
CarMax.. I would look over the car in detail before you hand over the payment. GL with the delivery!!
Thanks! That is the plan.

I also had them send me pics post-reservation. Detailed images of the engine bay showed zero signs of molestation, with chords/plugs/wires appearing to have never been touched. Detailed images of paint yielded nothing remarkable.

Iā€™ve told multiple reps (shipping and receiving) to NOT install the front plate.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I would recommend PPF if you arenā€™t already considering it. With the matte paint, I would imagine touch-ups would be difficult.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I would recommend PPF if you arenā€™t already considering it. With the matte paint, I would imagine touch-ups would be difficult.
Supposedly, matte was advised against getting ppf.. i think few have done it. Don't remember the outcome. Somewhere in the forum..

supraterps

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 2.0, 2020 corolla le
what dealership did you use if you dont mind me asking? im looking to do the same

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
I may wrap the front-end in Xpel Matte PPF if it wasnā€™t done by the previous owner already.

Regarding paint care, my car is garaged both at home and at work here in SoCal, which will greatly help.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Supposedly, matte was advised against getting ppf.. i think few have done it. Don't remember the outcome. Somewhere in the forum..
There's special PPF for matte paint. If you're set on getting a matte car, you should pony up for the PPF. The paint on the car is extremely thin.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
what dealership did you use if you dont mind me asking? im looking to do the same
Ye olde CarMax at 2:00 in the morning. Car was posted for like 5 minutes before I reserved it.

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Just watched a Shmee150 video where he says the owner manual states any PPF on the exclusive matte Phantom paint will void the factory paint warranty.

I may just stick to doing the front bumperā€¦

Sponsored