Trading in my 2.0 (B46/48) for a Phantom Matte 3.0 (B58)

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
Years ago when I bought a 370z brand new, I told the salesman to be sure not to put a front plate on and to not wash the car. I finish up the paperwork, and they bring the car out WASHED and they drilled holes into the bumper for a plate. Needless to say I didn't accept the car.

I would try to remind them as often as possible about this to not get into a situation like I did.
I don't buy many 'NEW' new cars, but when I do I tell them as clearly as possible that if a front plate mount gets installed between now and the time I pick up the car, the deal is OFF. That's been the Supra, a Cooper S, xD, Mustang GT, Hemi Charger, Prius, 2 Volts, GMC Sierra and Ford F150 STX.

The only time I ever had a problem was on the Camry XLE that I bought used but went to have the front bumper stripped and repainted due to road rash, and they insisted a brand new bumper would actually be cheaper. Fine I said, but LEAVE THE FRONT PLATE OFF. I go to pick it up and of course the front plate is mounted. The guy's eyes got huge as he recalled what I had said, but (a) it's a black car so a couple holes don't really show and (b) it's a DD so I just said screw it and left the plate on. I even kept the tint legal on that one so there's zero reason to get hassled in that particular car :D
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
@zrk - I was thinking the exact same thing. I could have a bad woodshop accident and still probably count all of mine on one hand. ;)

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh. Well sure seems like not many at all if you knew the number of used vehicles ROFL

I think right now we have 14, only 2 of which were bought new.

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
Picked up a couple days ago; performed a quick “Matte paint” detail yesterday. I will be making a thread on “Spooky” soon enough. Main thought so far: “Pure joy 🤩 !!!!”

39B8F372-7F27-49E3-8ED6-D7B94CD6410F.jpeg
wow that looks REALLY good! please take more shots when you get a chance! I'm also switching over to 3.0 from a 2.0 but I'm hoping to get into a Nitro Yellow!

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
wow that looks REALLY good! please take more shots when you get a chance! I'm also switching over to 3.0 from a 2.0 but I'm hoping to get into a Nitro Yellow!
Hell yeah congrats— you will not regret it!

I’ll be starting my “build” thread soon. Lots of pics incoming.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Highly recommend :thumbsup:
Sponsored