Trailer tie down options?

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra, 45th Anniversary, Mikan Blast
Guys, if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I apologize. I'm new here and am trying to learn my way around this forum, but I hate the way it is organized, maybe I'll get used to it.

Anyway, I'll be traveling from KY to NY to take delivery of my 45th Anniversary when it comes in. It's in the allocation phase right now, so I have some time. I'll be hauling it home in my 30' enclosed trailer. I'm trying to determine my tie down location options; this is my first Supra, therefore I have no experience with securing them on a trailer and I do not have one near to me that I can look at.

Are there ratchet tie down hooks or elongated slots anywhere on the car? Can simple ratchet straps be used or do I have to use wheel bonnets? If I have to use wheel bonnets, what size should I get? On US Cargo Control's website are instructions for measuring the tire, but without tires of the Supra's sizes in front of me, I cannot get a measurement at all. I know how to convert tire sizes from metric to standard, that is not the issue and knowing the width and height of the tire will not help either because, obviously the wheel bonnet rests on the tire horizontally above the center line.

Ratchet straps through the wheels are not an option. I've seen too many wheels with damage to the finish to do that to mine.

I'm just trying to get what I need before the time arrives for me to go get it.

Thank you all for any help and information that you can provide.

Gil
Sponsored

OP
OP

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No Etrac in my trailer. I have d-rings.

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Order some etracks and make your life easier

Karacticus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF Supra
Towed with these lasso straps/rachets 500 miles each way to Grattan Raceway with no problem.

IMG_3986.jpg

Not sure how well they'd work in an enclosed trailer though.

Side mount Wheel Net

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Our cars are pretty flat on the bottom. I don't remember seeing anywhere for the hooks to go. I always use wheels straps, no haven't really looked into another option. I tow a few hundred miles about once per month. I've never had any negative effects using the wheel straps.

20230511_164858.jpg

OP
OP

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I placed an order with Vulcan for these tie downs. I'll have to add a d-ring for each corner, but I think they will serve me well.

Thank you all for the replies.

Gil

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I had my Supra delivered via an enclosed trailer and they used through the wheel tie downs with padding and if I didnā€™t know they did it, I would have had no idea. Zero marks on the wheels.

They do the same thing on cars costing 4x+ the Supra as well.

OP
OP

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey Mike, I considered the lasso straps too, but like you, I'm not sure how well they will work in an enclosed trailer. My concern is that there may not be enough room between the flush mounted d-ring and the ratchet to take up the slack to get them tight. They may work in my case, but I didn't want to risk it.

Gil

OP
OP

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had my Supra delivered via an enclosed trailer and they used through the wheel tie downs with padding and if I didnā€™t know they did it, I would have had no idea. Zero marks on the wheels.

They do the same thing on cars costing 4x+ the Supra as well.

If I used them and it left a mark on the wheel, I'd never hear the end of it.

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
I much prefer tying down the car to the chassis vs through the wheels personally. Pop out the rectangular jacking pads and use a T-hook in those slots.

IMG_2254.jpeg

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I use wheel straps. Never had issues with wheel damage on any of my cars.

20230824_171137.jpg
Sponsored