TRD exhaust for Supra

Thhirsch

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 edition Supra
I'm interested in the price of a TRD one as well. I've been looking at HKS' exhaust for some time but $3k....
I ordered my HKS HI-Power exhaust from speed industry for $2289, coming in mid-April. I know they have another one that’s like $3300, I think it’s called the super turbo. That ones supposed to be a quieter option
Sponsored

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
It wouldn't surprise me if the TRD exhaust was more than the HKS.
Yeah, i should know better, any time you get those OEM performance parts, it'll cost you an arm and a leg. Mazdaspeed parts on the FD has cost me more than i would like to admit.

I ordered my HKS HI-Power exhaust from speed industry for $2289, coming in mid-April. I know they have another one that’s like $3300, I think it’s called the super turbo. That ones supposed to be a quieter option
I just recently found out about the two different exhaust systems from them. Both are valved luckily but one i believe has the OPF (expensive) and the other doesn't (cheaper). I'm wondering how everyone is enjoying their HKS exhaust. I got a custom plate on order for the Supra which says "FAKEJDM" so the HKS parts definitely fit the theme of the build as well as getting some quality jdm parts.

I have quotes from 42-4600. Def the priciest ones out there that I know of
Oh holy lord....

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Subject line was: Gazoo racing

And I sent it to [email protected] and I sent it on Monday at 7:01 AM PST (I Live in Newport but I'm visiting my folks and brother in Ohio) Can't wait to get back to my Supra's and sunny weather.

PS one of the pics has a photo of my Dad in them, don't mind that one and just admire the glory of the parts behind him.
Wait, can I see these photos too? Sounds cool.

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
Sure here you go, Ask and you shall recieve: PLease ignore my father in one of the pics whose just casually sipping his Nice Coffee while I admire the glorious wall behind him. It was weird I was going nuts looking at the wall and everyone was just casual like it's just wall paper. Hopefully someone on these forums can appreciate or understand why I was going bonkers looking at it, lol.
IMG_3164.jpg
IMG_3165.jpg
IMG_3166.jpg
IMG_3167.jpg
IMG_3168.jpg
IMG_3169.jpg
IMG_3170.jpg
IMG_3207.jpg
IMG_3208.jpg
IMG_3209.jpg
IMG_3214.jpg

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I made a huge mistake and I drove a white LFA. And like any drug what ends up happening is you become in search of that high again, so my search for my own LFA has begun in terms of savings I'm only like 65% there and that's generous because that number doesn't include the other fee's that come with purchasing a car of this magnitude but I'm above 50% there?

Damnit I hope they don't reach a point that becomes unobtainable like a McLaren F1. I'm crying when I read stuff like this now: https://gtspirit.com/2016/12/01/2012-lexus-lfa-sale-269000-florida/

Note: Appolgies on hyjacking this thread and talking about LFA, I'll stop here to allow this thread to get back on topic, it was just a side topic that I was talking to Albon about and intresting that our timing was so perfect in the sense that I was bashing TRD and he comes up with a TRD video and I sent him pics of the Gazoo Razing LFA just hours before he releases his video. Quite the Coincidence lol...

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
I made a huge mistake and I drove a white LFA. And like any drug what ends up happening is you become in search of that high again, so my search for my own LFA has begun in terms of savings I'm only like 65% there and that's generous because that number doesn't include the other fee's that come with purchasing a car of this magnitude but I'm above 50% there?

Damnit I hope they don't reach a point that becomes unobtainable like a McLaren F1. I'm crying when I read stuff like this now: https://gtspirit.com/2016/12/01/2012-lexus-lfa-sale-269000-florida/

Note: Appolgies on hyjacking this thread and talking about LFA, I'll stop here to allow this thread to get back on topic, it was just a side topic that I was talking to Albon about and intresting that our timing was so perfect in the sense that I was bashing TRD and he comes up with a TRD video and I sent him pics of the Gazoo Razing LFA just hours before he releases his video. Quite the Coincidence lol...
The LFA is so badass. You can even make the claim that it’s a smart financial decision since that car will only appreciate from here. The sound of that engine ?

OP
OP

A91Miami

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, 2013 Xrunner
Alright everyone check back in 3-4 months. I guess I am the guinea pig. I pulled the trigger. Takes forever since it’s coming from Japan ?‍♂ ??

Cousindeagle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 NSX
Alright everyone check back in 3-4 months. I guess I am the guinea pig. I pulled the trigger. Takes forever since it’s coming from Japan ?‍♂ ??
Your sacrifice is noted! Thank you and I cant wait to see and hear this exhaust!

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
How and where did you order from? Thanks!

OP
OP

A91Miami

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Your sacrifice is noted! Thank you and I cant wait to see and hear this exhaust!
i can’t wait either! But I wasn’t about to pay a whole bunch for air freight so I guess I will have to wait the full 3 months to ship by boat.

Must be a coincidence but someone posted up a video from GR on the thread “first TRD parts (and pricing)available for 2020 Supra” showing off the exhaust. Sounds very nice. Nothing over the top which is what I was looking for. Should sound even better with a down pipe.

OP
OP

A91Miami

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Meraki autowerkes will quote you out. They can source them.

I personally bought the exhaust from Top End Motorsports as I had been dealing with them for the other aero parts and rims. Make sure you text their number for VIP pricing (regular pricing lol). Both quotes were close but inquire for yourself with both companies just to check.

Top End Motorsports: 860-809-0907

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta ask and appolgies in advanced if my lack of knowledge or understanding is shown here, but I assume this is coming from Japan (And not Germany) based on the video having japanese characters.

But didn't Japan only get a 4 cyclinder version and not a 6 Cylinder version? thus the car would/should sound totally different even with an aftermarket exhaust? thus the video is only an idea of what the 2.0 would sound like? and not the 3.0?

OP
OP

A91Miami

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I gotta ask and appolgies in advanced if my lack of knowledge or understanding is shown here, but I assume this is coming from Japan (And not Germany) based on the video having japanese characters.

But didn't Japan only get a 4 cyclinder version and not a 6 Cylinder version? thus the car would/should sound totally different even with an aftermarket exhaust? thus the video is only an idea of what the 2.0 would sound like? and not the 3.0?
Yes exhausts should be coming from Japan.

Not sure what version of Supra the video shows that was posted recently, but from a quick google search I was able to see that Japan did get what they call the RZ 3.0L engine for 2021. Not sure about 2020 versions.

Top End Motorsports did ask me what year my car was and the motor that was in it before they priced me out. They confirmed that there was a difference between the A90 (2020) and A91 (2021) exhausts but not sure what the difference was. All I know is I am supposed to get the exhaust that is specced for the 3.0L 2021 (A91) Supra. Fingers crossed ?? lol returns would be a nightmare I bet

Arfiman

First Name
Arafaat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 1991 Acura NSX (previous), 2004 Honda S2000 (previous), EP3 Civic Type R (previous)
so curious - did you get it yet?