Tune or exhuast

Tsuyim

First Name
Chueyee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hey so I’m getting a down pipe and I know it’s gonna trigger an cel so I’m wondering should I go straight for power so a tune or an exhaust setup.
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Bm3 Unlock - not only way more power but you can then keep your exhaust flap open all the time and the car will be pretty loud with a catless downpipe.

OP
OP

Tsuyim

First Name
Chueyee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Bm3 Unlock - not only way more power but you can then keep your exhaust flap open all the time and the car will be pretty loud with a catless downpipe.
Okay thanks I do got an catted vsrf dp

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Or just order the kenjigarage downpipe with CEL elim on it (i had mine on for over a year and 12k miles with no CEL) its $600 https://www.kenjigarage.com/20-toyo...atless-downpipe-wbuild-in-cel-20-toyota-supra

Then get a tune.. if you can, if your a late 2021 or newer your only option is FEMTO unlock for crazy money, if your a 2020 tuning is much easier but still expensive. $250 for unlock, $600 for software, $100 for Dongle and then if you don’t want to use an OTS map and get a custom tune that could be another $500 or so.

Depends On your goals if you want bit more power and sound get the Kenji downpipe, it’ll be a faster and a bit more sound and your gonna need it anyway.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Hey so I’m getting a down pipe and I know it’s gonna trigger an cel so I’m wondering should I go straight for power so a tune or an exhaust setup.
are you looking for power or sound?

if you want power, you need a tune. you can get bootmod3 to take care of the CEL or if you dont want to send your DME overseas, get a JB4 instead and pair with the active autowerke catted downpipe which does not trigger the check engine light

OP
OP

Tsuyim

First Name
Chueyee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Or just order the kenjigarage downpipe with CEL elim on it (i had mine on for over a year and 12k miles with no CEL) its $600 https://www.kenjigarage.com/20-toyo...atless-downpipe-wbuild-in-cel-20-toyota-supra

Then get a tune.. if you can, if your a late 2021 or newer your only option is FEMTO unlock for crazy money, if your a 2020 tuning is much easier but still expensive. $250 for unlock, $600 for software, $100 for Dongle and then if you don’t want to use an OTS map and get a custom tune that could be another $500 or so.

Depends On your goals if you want bit more power and sound get the Kenji downpipe, it’ll be a faster and a bit more sound and your gonna need it anyway.
Yeah I was looking at this dp but I decided to go with the catted vsrf dp even though it gives me a cel I know I’m going to tune it during the summer anyways.
Sponsored