Exhuast flap permanent open

IS2000

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Porsche Cayman, 2003 Mitsubishi EVO8, 2020 GR Supra
I’d like to bring this thread back up since I have a question on how to spot cars with or without the GPF. My Supra is supposed to be an Asia Pacific spec car but upon VIN lookup it showed the car as EU spec. So I’m wondering if my car is actually equipped with GPF or without one. The muffler part number is similar to EU and AU spec cars. The downpipe I think has ribbon type clamp, but I’m not so sure if that means the car has no GPF.
Sponsored

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I’d like to bring this thread back up since I have a question on how to spot cars with or without the GPF. My Supra is supposed to be an Asia Pacific spec car but upon VIN lookup it showed the car as EU spec. So I’m wondering if my car is actually equipped with GPF or without one. The muffler part number is similar to EU and AU spec cars. The downpipe I think has ribbon type clamp, but I’m not so sure if that means the car has no GPF.
If your resonator looks like this

Its without GPF

6515D94B-CC02-4BEF-81F2-AB770E392DF8.jpeg

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
That's correct.

The GPF also has a sensor that has a vaccum line near the dump pipe/turbo

Have a look in your engine bay, near the rear of the turbo. No vacuum line? No GPF

IS2000

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Porsche Cayman, 2003 Mitsubishi EVO8, 2020 GR Supra
That's correct.

The GPF also has a sensor that has a vaccum line near the dump pipe/turbo

Have a look in your engine bay, near the rear of the turbo. No vacuum line? No GPF
So, there’s no GPF for the RHD version selling in Asia pacific but we do have to same muffler as EU cars.

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
Exactly correct - just the muffler part, just like the video.

As to whether it's too loud, that's highly subjective. I found it fine, but didn't drive it at speed. Another person may think ridiculously loud, another may think quiet. It's not as loud as the US decat cars. The pops and bangs are there but muffled, not like gunfire on the US.

It's a quick and easy item to test and its wholly reversible with the clamps.
The part no is 18.30.7.560.780 70mm clamps. - ~£30 each, you need 2.
Apologies for the thread resurrection, pretty much my biggest issue with the car in UK spec is the exhaust - I’ve been considering doing a back box delete like you have, relying on the OPF/GPF to continue to provide a lot of dampening of harshness, how are you still finding this setup and do you have any clips of it?

OP
OP

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Apologies for the thread resurrection, pretty much my biggest issue with the car in UK spec is the exhaust - I’ve been considering doing a back box delete like you have, relying on the OPF/GPF to continue to provide a lot of dampening of harshness, how are you still finding this setup and do you have any clips of it?
I completely deleted the back box, retaining the cat and OPF/GPF and putting the valve simulator on the valve motor cable. I disabled the ASD sound faker with Bimmercode.
I find it absolutely fine. On steady cruise throttle or extended lift off it's stock quiet. On large throttle there is more noise. On lift off in sport mode there are decent pops and bangs.
Inside there is definitely more of a vibrationy buzz on acceleration, but I'm ok with it. Cruising on a motorway, steady throttle, no issue at all.

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
I completely deleted the back box, retaining the cat and OPF/GPF and putting the valve simulator on the valve motor cable. I disabled the ASD sound faker with Bimmercode.
I find it absolutely fine. On steady cruise throttle or extended lift off it's stock quiet. On large throttle there is more noise. On lift off in sport mode there are decent pops and bangs.
Inside there is definitely more of a vibrationy buzz on acceleration, but I'm ok with it. Cruising on a motorway, steady throttle, no issue at all.
Thanks! :)
Sponsored