Tuning Locked ECU's Post 6/2020

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
That's what I was thinking too. I have a good feelings about the next year and what options it will bring us. Things are starting to happen in some way it seems.
Notice how all the local tuners popping up are claiming 10+ days turn around? Word on the street is that your ECU's are still headed over to RK in Germany.
Sponsored

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Notice how all the local tuners popping up are claiming 10+ days turn around? Word on the street is that your ECU's are still headed over to RK in Germany.
Good call. I thought maybe someone at Bosch leaked some signing keys, but your thought makes more sense.

Reactions: zrk

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Yeah I am not going for that option. But I did notice everyone popping up with similar turn around times. I will wait and see how this plays out until something solid comes around. Not sending my unit out in the mail nor am I letting anyone else.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah I am not going for that option. But I did notice everyone popping up with similar turn around times. I will wait and see how this plays out until something solid comes around. Not sending my unit out in the mail nor am I letting anyone else.
Yup - that's why I mention. If anyone is considering going the "local tuner but still 10+ days" route, make sure sure sure sure sure sure sure sure that your parts aren't getting sent by boat to Germany.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I noticed that too but RK also has the same wait times which made me think they also ship them off somewhere. Who knows..

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I noticed that too but RK also has the same wait times which made me think they also ship them off somewhere. Who knows..
We all sit around and wait and see. Who's got the cash and balls to do it first.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If all are going to RK then I'd expect 10+ days to become 30+ easily unless they're able to replicate the process, work simultaneously...

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
That was my first thought too! Man its going to be rough when one gets lost by a courier.

-RJM

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
If all are going to RK then I'd expect 10+ days to become 30+ easily unless they're able to replicate the process, work simultaneously...
I would imagine they all go expedited airfreight to minimize getting lost. All the tuning shops do is pull the ECU and ship.

Remember the “overnight parts from Japan” phrase. ?

-RJM

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
-And that is after getting on their wait list.

xyros

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition Supra
From femtoevo:
1. We can flash newest BMW MD1 and MG1 ECUs (Diesel/Gasoline engines)
2. No plans to release flasher soon
3. ECU needs to be physically sent to us
4. ECU will not be unlocked. Only one-time programming of your file
5. Reflashing price is EUR 600 + shipping for Diesel ECUs. Gasoline price is not set at this moment.
6. If ECU will be reflashed at the dealership or your tuned file needs to be updated then the price for reflashing will be reduced by 50%.

Markus88

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 Jarama Edition
General Question. Who does custom tuning on a jb4 for 102 Aral Ultimate (EU)? Is this worth it compared to the default maps ? Got also a 2021 ECU. I am also waiting for my Turbo Upgrade when Ecutek can do it. But for the meantime I use JB4.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
General Question. Who does custom tuning on a jb4 for 102 Aral Ultimate (EU)? Is this worth it compared to the default maps ? Got also a 2021 ECU. I am also waiting for my Turbo Upgrade when Ecutek can do it. But for the meantime I use JB4.
Jesse @DaBears or you may need to find him on the Supra FB groups. He's your best option for a custom JB4 map.

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
New video tonight that discusses the recent posts talking about the 2021 and later Supra and BMWs being cracked and now being able to be tuned. Let's talk about what is really being offered and if it's something you should consider doing or not! Let's go!

Sponsored