Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Twisted Tuning' started by Twisted Tuning, Sep 23, 2019.
How much for a tune?
see above quote from the first page. only added fees would be getting the Flasher and Monitor license in the MHD app and a proper cable.
Saw some people asking about 93oct pump numbers on the Pure Turbo upgrade.
Ran ours dry tossed in a couple gallons of 93oct on our bone stock other than Pure Turbo.
458whp on our Mustang dyno. Should equate to 500+whp on the dynojet.
I like how the torque and graph in general is smooth and linear. I prefer this over stock turbo just for that.
1) Would the tuning be any different for cars that are used on track say for 20 minuets sessions?
2) Have you done a similar setup with a down pipe? Any CEL?
3) The above run was with no meth?
1. for road course style racing, the tunes would always be setup a little different than a drag tune. For instance, on a drag tune you want the more power and torque you can get without spinning the tire like crazy.
For road course, you don't want ultimate neck breaking torque, but more of a tame linear onset of power where it doesn't easily unsettle the car. Also, a little lower power for a 20 minute session is advised. Track maps take testing with the driver and his style. I've done tons of maps like this for people over the years.
Also, another thing to note i can adjust your throttle mapping to be more or less aggressive or touchy as well to accommodate the track performance.
2. yes, no worries on CEL. my tune will take care of that
3.correct, no meth. 93oct only.
What was the stock whp/torque numbers on that dyno?
Really interested to see how the above car will do with the same setup + Twisted DP.
Any upcoming black friday tune sales?
it put down right around 295ish whp on stock turbo.
i actually haven't even thought about BF Sales. hmmm
I've been pretty happy with my free MHD OTS map, but, could be convinced to get a full custom map if there was a sale.
Thats a massive 64% increase in whp!! Wow
Thanks for taking the time to answer some tuning questions. Have you considered making an FAQ in the first post?
I have a few questions...
1. Which tuning solution do you support? Bootmod3? MHD?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a piggyback vs changing the factory ecu tables?
3. How much fuel pump overhead is there if you did an E30 tune, E50, E85?
4. What are the differences in gains between catted vs catless downpipe?
Most may have seen this already, just more stuff with our shop car.....