joeliu2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi All,

Searching US-wide for a black on black 3.0 premium.

Typical markup appears to be $2-5K + $2-3K of BS dealer add-ons.

Really hoping to track down at MSRP.

In the Chicago area but happy to fly out and drive back or transport.

Thanks in advance for any leads you may have!

Joe
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hi All,

Searching US-wide for a black on black 3.0 premium.

Typical markup appears to be $2-5K + $2-3K of BS dealer add-ons.

Really hoping to track down at MSRP.

In the Chicago area but happy to fly out and drive back or transport.

Thanks in advance for any leads you may have!

Joe
There was a black on black 2020 at Schaumburg Toyota recently with < 5k miles for like 50.5k recently. I was "this close" to trading my 2021 in for it. Give them a call, they seem to be playing ball.

joeliu2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
There was a black on black 2020 at Schaumburg Toyota recently with < 5k miles for like 50.5k recently. I was "this close" to trading my 2021 in for it. Give them a call, they seem to be playing ball.
Yeah looks like it’s gone.

They were the ones that quoted me nearly $70K for a ‘22 3.0 premium. Hah funny joke.

Joe

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

joeliu2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
God damn. Well, never mind then. :|.

I got my 2021 at Anderson Toyota in Rockford for < MSRP. Give them a call and see if they've got anything.

Edit.. They have a 2022 Nocturnal. https://www.andersontoyota.com/auto/new-2022-toyota-gr-supra-30-premium-near-rockford-il/61314569/ No idea if they're gouging - they wern't.
Appreciate you looking and open to any you may see!

I talked with Anderson this weekend - wanted $2K over MSRP + $1500 “protection package”. Not horrible, but I’m still holding out. Not in a rush, since it will basically go into the garage until Spring.

Have to believe the demand will start declining due to the winter here in the Midwest.

Joe

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Appreciate you looking and open to any you may see!

I talked with Anderson this weekend - wanted $2K over MSRP + $1500 “protection package”. Not horrible, but I’m still holding out. Not in a rush, since it will basically go into the garage until Spring.

Have to believe the demand will start declining due to the winter here in the Midwest.

Joe
2k + MSRP isn’t terrible. Tell them to fuck right off with the dealer PPF. I dealt with Ryan Svatos there. He was super helpful and got me a great deal. Maybe see if he's around and tell him some dude on the internet said to buy a car from him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Avoid the crazy Illinois price + tax. Right across the Wisconsin boarder we have Classic Toyota that has a 21 in black and a CF edition. I’d assume CF won’t be at msrp although they are some nice folks there. Wilde Toyota also has one Supra for sale on their site, id try them out if Classic falls through.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avoid the crazy Illinois price + tax. Right across the Wisconsin boarder we have Classic Toyota that has a 21 in black and a CF edition. I’d assume CF won’t be at msrp although they are some nice folks there. Wilde Toyota also has one Supra for sale on their site, id try them out if Classic falls through.
Smart.

joeliu2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Appreciate the tip - reached out to Classic Toyota this morning!

Joe

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Accord
If you find a dealership that's only 2-5k markup, it may be worth going in and negotiating down to MSRP. That's pretty much how the game works here in Southern California - except all our dealers want 10-20K, negotiated down to 5-10... stupid. anyway, point being, you need to show up in person and "play the insufferable game".

joeliu2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
If you find a dealership that's only 2-5k markup, it may be worth going in and negotiating down to MSRP. That's pretty much how the game works here in Southern California - except all our dealers want 10-20K, negotiated down to 5-10... stupid. anyway, point being, you need to show up in person and "play the insufferable game".
I'm still hopeful I'll find a dealer that has one sitting that they want to move at MSRP.

I've told them all - they have my number - I can buy same day in cash if they want to move at MSRP. Think demand will start dwindling in the midwest here due to our nasty winters.

Definitely not wasting my time at a dealer until the deal is done.

Joe

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I've told them all - they have my number - I can buy same day in cash if they want to move at MSRP.
Unfortunately the dealers would actually rather finance it out. It may actually benefit you to finance through them, and pay it off on the first payment. Don’t tell them tho because they will start to receive a piece of the banks profit on the third month.

I recommend going in person. I went to that Classic Toyota and got them down 3k just for me to pass on the car. Bought mine up by Lake Superior later on. It’s much easier to negotiate in person

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I'm looking for the same, but red interior. I have yet to see a 2022 non-CF model with the red interior. So, if you come across one, let me know!
It’s because that doesn’t exist. Red interior is for special editions only. Better off buying a 2020 LE