U.S. Toyota Dealers without Mark Ups

joeliu2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
I pulled the trigger on the 2022 3.0 Nocturnal at Anderson Toyota, thank you for the tip! Don Smith took excellent care of the sale, and stayed past closing time to get me out of there yesterday. From initial call to final delivery was around 36 hours.

Would definitely recommend Anderson Toyota of Loves Park, IL, and will return.
Dang! Your the one that crushed my dreams of procuring before Christmas :) You paid the $2K premium?

joeliu2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Anyone work with Jim at Wilde Toyota in Milwaukee, WI?

They are claiming they will do a build order for me at MSRP, but are insisting I drive there in person to “sign”.

it’s about a 2hr drive and I proposed e-sign and physical sign with FedEx and no dice.

Sounds like a scam to get me in the door?

Joe

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Anyone work with Jim at Wilde Toyota in Milwaukee, WI?

They are claiming they will do a build order for me at MSRP, but are insisting I drive there in person to “sign”.

it’s about a 2hr drive and I proposed e-sign and physical sign with FedEx and no dice.

Sounds like a scam to get me in the door?

Joe
Hmm that could easily go either way. Wilde is the main dealer around here. Probably one of, if not, the biggest in the state. They probably do get a bunch of Supras

joeliu2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hmm that could easily go either way. Wilde is the main dealer around here. Probably one of, if not, the biggest in the state. They probably do get a bunch of Supras
Thanks for the info - I might make the drive over the holidays - good excuse to escape the kids for a bit.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Thanks for the info - I might make the drive over the holidays - good excuse to escape the kids for a bit.
I just gave them a call to ask about a CF edition. They said they always have supras in and they are always presold by the time they get it in. He says they sell them all at MSRP or 5k extra on the special editions. I’d say you would be in good hands

Leaning

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra 2022
If you're living in New York, someone I know said he got his 2021 supra for msrp at Millennium Toyota dealership in Long Island.

I got my supra at a different dealership and was kinda salty when I heard lol

joeliu2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
They have a CF edition coming in this next week if that’s something that interests you
Thanks for the tip. Don’t think the CF edition is worth the cost increase and $5K markup at most dealerships.

Fortunately, I’m patient and have the cash. Now if I’m still posting here in June I’ll be annoyed, but I have a good feeling I’ll track down in the next few months.

lordwalker

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium, Macan GTS, RS5, Model Y
Thanks for the tip. Don’t think the CF edition is worth the cost increase and $5K markup at most dealerships.

Fortunately, I’m patient and have the cash. Now if I’m still posting here in June I’ll be annoyed, but I have a good feeling I’ll track down in the next few months.
I think you'll be fine, I was able to get one at MSRP in California in October so someone will definitely do MSRP in your area. Just takes someone who wants to sell a car! Socal dealers are STILL contacting me saying they finally have a car for me blah blah lol, it'll happen for ya.

JSmoothBui

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
If you're living in New York, someone I know said he got his 2021 supra for msrp at Millennium Toyota dealership in Long Island.

I got my supra at a different dealership and was kinda salty when I heard lol
maybe their 2021 but their 2022 they’re asking a markup for. They told me good luck lol

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
Just wanted to tell everyone about my experience as I picked up my new 2022 3.0 Premium last week at under MSRP (surprisingly). Keep in mind I am located in Florida, so we have to deal with the whole Southeast Toyota Distributors situation down here where they slap on unwanted packages like Toyoguard Platinum onto the MSRP.

I was working with two dealers that were willing to sell me a 3.0 Premium in Turbulence Gray at MSRP: Clearwater Toyota and Autonation Toyota Fort Myers. I started negotiations with the Clearwater dealership first and used those numbers to then negotiate with the Fort Myers dealer. Clearwater's Supra had 3 packages I didn't care about that were inflating the MSRP: Toyoguard Platinum, the Charge & Cable package, and some 3 year PermaPlate paint protection package that they kept stating was a "hard-add contract" with PermaPlate. Whatever. I stated to both dealers that I had no interest in any added packages aside from the Driver's Assistance package. The Fort Myers dealer stated they could somehow get me a Supra in the exact spec I was looking for, without Toyoguard or any other nonsense, at MSRP and it would arrive by the end of this month. I then took that offer and presented it to Clearwater Toyota, which their Supra was arriving first week of December, and told them if they could somehow discount the price of the added packages and match what the Fort Myers dealer was giving me for my trade in then we would have a deal.

At first, they stated they couldn't do it so I told them I was going to go with the other offer then and just wait until the end of December for delivery. After some time, the sales rep I was working with then texted me and told me they would discount the packages out of the MSRP and match the trade in value, all while still getting to keep the added packages. So essentially they discounted almost 2k off the MSRP of the car, I get what I wanted for my trade in, and I get to keep things like the Toyoguard Platinum, PermaPlate warranty, and the Cable & Charge package at no cost.

The Fort Myers dealer couldn't beat it but they said if the dealer tried any sneaky business last minute to let them know. So I made the drive over to Clearwater from Central Florida and they stuck to their word. All numbers matched on paper and the car came with everything that was described. I've included pictures of the spec sheet and the purchase quote.

Hope this helps out anyone else looking right now! Don't pay a markup for these cars, do your research and get quotes from various dealers. Use those numbers to negotiate. It's all a part of their game.

Happy to answer any questions others may have.

Attachments

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just wanted to tell everyone about my experience as I picked up my new 2022 3.0 Premium last week at under MSRP (surprisingly). Keep in mind I am located in Florida, so we have to deal with the whole Southeast Toyota Distributors situation down here where they slap on unwanted packages like Toyoguard Platinum onto the MSRP.

I was working with two dealers that were willing to sell me a 3.0 Premium in Turbulence Gray at MSRP: Clearwater Toyota and Autonation Toyota Fort Myers. I started negotiations with the Clearwater dealership first and used those numbers to then negotiate with the Fort Myers dealer. Clearwater's Supra had 3 packages I didn't care about that were inflating the MSRP: Toyoguard Platinum, the Charge & Cable package, and some 3 year PermaPlate paint protection package that they kept stating was a "hard-add contract" with PermaPlate. Whatever. I stated to both dealers that I had no interest in any added packages aside from the Driver's Assistance package. The Fort Myers dealer stated they could somehow get me a Supra in the exact spec I was looking for, without Toyoguard or any other nonsense, at MSRP and it would arrive by the end of this month. I then took that offer and presented it to Clearwater Toyota, which their Supra was arriving first week of December, and told them if they could somehow discount the price of the added packages and match what the Fort Myers dealer was giving me for my trade in then we would have a deal.

At first, they stated they couldn't do it so I told them I was going to go with the other offer then and just wait until the end of December for delivery. After some time, the sales rep I was working with then texted me and told me they would discount the packages out of the MSRP and match the trade in value, all while still getting to keep the added packages. So essentially they discounted almost 2k off the MSRP of the car, I get what I wanted for my trade in, and I get to keep things like the Toyoguard Platinum, PermaPlate warranty, and the Cable & Charge package at no cost.

The Fort Myers dealer couldn't beat it but they said if the dealer tried any sneaky business last minute to let them know. So I made the drive over to Clearwater from Central Florida and they stuck to their word. All numbers matched on paper and the car came with everything that was described. I've included pictures of the spec sheet and the purchase quote.

Hope this helps out anyone else looking right now! Don't pay a markup for these cars, do your research and get quotes from various dealers. Use those numbers to negotiate. It's all a part of their game.

Happy to answer any questions others may have.

Nice deal!

When I saw your tax section I died inside. I think I paid like 6k in taxes here. :p

Those cables must be nice if they are $70 :eek:

Reactions: zrk

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
Nice deal!

When I saw your tax section I died inside. I think I paid like 6k in taxes here. :p

Those cables must be nice if they are $70 :eek:
Haha yes, the trade in tax credit definitely helped a lot there.. I guess living in Florida is a plus too ;)

In all fairness, they are nice cables however I don't know about $70 worth lol

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
What is the paint portion about? Like if you get a chip they cover it?
Sponsored