U.S. Toyota Dealers without Mark Ups

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
What is the paint portion about? Like if you get a chip they cover it?
It's a little hazy, but from what I gathered it's a warranty for the paint as well as the interior. So if there's any scratches, chips, etc. I could technically file a claim and they will repair it at no cost. The likelihood of that actually happening? Not too sure, I guess we will find out. I already had PPF film installed on the full front of the car anyways, so I guess it's a nice backup to have in case I do ever need to use it. The interior is protected against any scuffs or tears in the leather as well.

Here is a good overview I found from another Toyota dealer's website: https://www.westcoasttoyotalb.com/finance-menu-permaplate/
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
It's a little hazy, but from what I gathered it's a warranty for the paint as well as the interior. So if there's any scratches, chips, etc. I could technically file a claim and they will repair it at no cost. The likelihood of that actually happening? Not too sure, I guess we will find out. I already had PPF film installed on the full front of the car anyways, so I guess it's a nice backup to have in case I do ever need to use it. The interior is protected against any scuffs or tears in the leather as well.

Here is a good overview I found from another Toyota dealer's website: https://www.westcoasttoyotalb.com/finance-menu-permaplate/
Based on a quick glance of that, it looks like some sort of ceramic type sealant? Idk, I'd probably just ignore that I have it.

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

7. Toyoguard® Paint Sealant is designed to help prevent premature deterioration caused by harsh weather and salt air. See Toyoguard® Limited Warranty in vehicle's glove box.

Wouldn't help me in Cali. :'(

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Based on a quick glance of that, it looks like some sort of ceramic type sealant? Idk, I'd probably just ignore that I have it.
I'm sure it's honestly nothing more than some sort of spray wax/sealant that they apply to the car after it arrives at the dealer. I agree with you though, I honestly don't care about it. I'll be polishing off anything that was even applied once I ceramic coat the rest of the car in the coming weeks anyways.

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
7. Toyoguard® Paint Sealant is designed to help prevent premature deterioration caused by harsh weather and salt air. See Toyoguard® Limited Warranty in vehicle's glove box.

Wouldn't help me in Cali. :'(
If you're in Cali then you most likely won't have to deal with Supra's coming in with Toyoguard from the factory. From what I read it seems to be a Southeast only thing, but I could be wrong. Just make sure to search around and ask for the full spec sheet of the car so you know what is being added on.

SupraMiami

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just wanted to tell everyone about my experience as I picked up my new 2022 3.0 Premium last week at under MSRP (surprisingly). Keep in mind I am located in Florida, so we have to deal with the whole Southeast Toyota Distributors situation down here where they slap on unwanted packages like Toyoguard Platinum onto the MSRP.

I was working with two dealers that were willing to sell me a 3.0 Premium in Turbulence Gray at MSRP: Clearwater Toyota and Autonation Toyota Fort Myers. I started negotiations with the Clearwater dealership first and used those numbers to then negotiate with the Fort Myers dealer. Clearwater's Supra had 3 packages I didn't care about that were inflating the MSRP: Toyoguard Platinum, the Charge & Cable package, and some 3 year PermaPlate paint protection package that they kept stating was a "hard-add contract" with PermaPlate. Whatever. I stated to both dealers that I had no interest in any added packages aside from the Driver's Assistance package. The Fort Myers dealer stated they could somehow get me a Supra in the exact spec I was looking for, without Toyoguard or any other nonsense, at MSRP and it would arrive by the end of this month. I then took that offer and presented it to Clearwater Toyota, which their Supra was arriving first week of December, and told them if they could somehow discount the price of the added packages and match what the Fort Myers dealer was giving me for my trade in then we would have a deal.

At first, they stated they couldn't do it so I told them I was going to go with the other offer then and just wait until the end of December for delivery. After some time, the sales rep I was working with then texted me and told me they would discount the packages out of the MSRP and match the trade in value, all while still getting to keep the added packages. So essentially they discounted almost 2k off the MSRP of the car, I get what I wanted for my trade in, and I get to keep things like the Toyoguard Platinum, PermaPlate warranty, and the Cable & Charge package at no cost.

The Fort Myers dealer couldn't beat it but they said if the dealer tried any sneaky business last minute to let them know. So I made the drive over to Clearwater from Central Florida and they stuck to their word. All numbers matched on paper and the car came with everything that was described. I've included pictures of the spec sheet and the purchase quote.

Hope this helps out anyone else looking right now! Don't pay a markup for these cars, do your research and get quotes from various dealers. Use those numbers to negotiate. It's all a part of their game.

Happy to answer any questions others may have.
I bought the ft myers one yesterday :)

Doon

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Jones junction in MD has crazy mark ups. I bought mine for MSRP 6 months ago and when I went back last week to get an oil change I saw the following.

Attachments

joeliu2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Jones junction in MD has crazy mark ups. I bought mine for MSRP 6 months ago and when I went back last week to get an oil change I saw the following.
Wow that’s a record!!

NICE statue they will have to look at!

Doon

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I sent them an email today asking if they wanted to buy mine for $75k. Haha