Used car market predictions

Leopr

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2023 Defender X, 2002 LX 470
Crypto good for crime .... the US dollar still the number one currency for laundering money........ Crypto is going to be an Asset Class and investment will continue to flow into the space. Blockchain technology is showing great advancement in fixing inefficiencies in many sectors.

BTW- only my opinion- Crypto paid for my Supra 😂
Sponsored

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
Crypto good for crime .... the US dollar still the number one currency for laundering money........ Crypto is going to be an Asset Class and investment will continue to flow into the space. Blockchain technology is showing great advancement in fixing inefficiencies in many sectors.
BTW- only my opinion- Crypto paid for my Supra 😂
I am totally good with crypto. But I just need to know which one we as people will put value on so I can buy and use it. Just because something is limited and efficient to use doesn`t give it value. That`s something a lot of crypto people can`t really understand.

The technology appears to be great to solve a lot of problems today though. Only thing up for debate is which crypto.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I slightly overpaid for my Supra, but got the EXACT one I want (hard to find), so am okay with it because I WILL get that extra $$ out of it in use and enjoyment LOL. I do feel for those that paid $10k or more over. Ouch. I'm more glad to see prices returning to normal (all it took was a enough people to STOP PAYING LOL) than I am upset that I may be upside down in a car. Mostly because I have my eye on something else and I need it to come down to pre-covid pricing 😂

OP
OP

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I slightly overpaid for my Supra, but got the EXACT one I want (hard to find), so am okay with it because I WILL get that extra $$ out of it in use and enjoyment LOL. I do feel for those that paid $10k or more over. Ouch. I'm more glad to see prices returning to normal (all it took was a enough people to STOP PAYING LOL) than I am upset that I may be upside down in a car. Mostly because I have my eye on something else and I need it to come down to pre-covid pricing 😂
We make choices and enthusiasts of cars we love. We drive and enjoy. Happy New Year and have fun with your machines!!! Drive to feel free in 2023!! :)

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 F150 Tremor
I’ll share two very applicable quotes from the comments there:

“If you’re going to say cars are selling for less than MSRP, you need to include a graph that shows how much average MSRP has gone up.”

“It’s like GPUs, it’s just the MSRP that went up.”

We should be looking at inflation adjusted selling price, not just over/under MSRP.

OP
OP

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Sellers Try and Fail to Flip Two C8 Corvette Z06s - Bring a Trailer, or not leaving the garage this time lol

https://jalopnik.com/bring-a-trailer-cars-bids-fail-to-flip-c8-corvette-z06-1850193308

The fact that a dealer is listing this for sale and it’s never been sold says a lot. “This car does not have a title as it has never been sold to a private party owner. It is being offered with its Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin, and the selling dealer will assist the buyer with registration and titling,” the description says. The more likely story is that this dealer received a Z06 allocation, marked it up, and no one bit, likely due to that markup. Still wanting to make something off of it, the dealer thought they’d try their hand at an auction…and failed.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
For cars that are special order with long lead times, I think we are going to see a lot of orphaned cars or if they take delivery, non-performing car loans when people realize they can't keep up with payments. It shocks me a little bit that people are willing to pay $100K for a Challenger, for example.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I know the market is there if/when they are willing to sell at MSRP. Even with our shit inflation & ass backwards policy spending over here. I got a buddy that would buy two Z06s if he could find them at list. Because that’s a good price for what it is. Not $100k over MSRP.

So if any of you know of any US dealers selling at MSRP, please lemme know ☺

Last edited:

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I’ll share two very applicable quotes from the comments there:

“If you’re going to say cars are selling for less than MSRP, you need to include a graph that shows how much average MSRP has gone up.”

“It’s like GPUs, it’s just the MSRP that went up.”

We should be looking at inflation adjusted selling price, not just over/under MSRP.
In Australia, Supra MSRP went up $500AUD between MY22 and MY23.. so not much. And sorry guys, there's no markups here.. although some stealers do to try and fit stupid extras though to price gouge that way.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
The used market will see absolutely minimal change on enthusiasts cars. The change has been heaviest on SUV segment at -17% on used market. While enthusiasts cars may see some dealers trying to offload enthusiasts vehicles with 2-5% savings and bank rates are at an average of 12%APR now so congrats the primary SUV market is saving about 5% and enthusiasts are paying even more if they finance their purchase… 🤦‍♂️
Sponsored