Used car market predictions

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
23 is going to be a blood bath for premiums on used cars and the ones paid on the new ones
Sponsored

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
23 is going to be a blood bath for premiums on used cars and the ones paid on the new ones
That is exactly why I sold off most of my cars when used prices were at the peak and bought new ones when the new car market was at the low. I am set until this mess of an economy gets sorted out.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Less interest rates and more a function of the worsening economy, but we should see quite a spike in repos and non-performing auto loans as people walk away from or stop paying car notes they can't afford. Inventory also looks to be normalizing.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 F150 Tremor
I donā€™t disagree, but losses are only realized if the car is sold.

Value fluctuation in the interim is just noise.

Supras are pay to play, for sure.

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
I donā€™t disagree, but losses are only realized if the car is sold.

Value fluctuation in the interim is just noise.

Supras are pay to play, for sure.
Values on market prices are big on the exotic market as well most won't stick and it's purely pay to play

OP
OP

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Supra's 20-23 used over 200 are on Cars.com

Such as this:
Used
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
7,421 mi.
$52,888

That was an almost 60k$ car less than a year ago. I noticed alot of 2020 dreamers asking for the same as this car. At least 30% of the adds had price drops. Time to be tough and negotiate again. Dealers have cars they are not moving fast at all and prices are dropping for sportscars.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
My 2022 Supra was the 1st time Iā€™ve paid MSRP for a car. So glad I didnā€™t pay more. And kudos to you guys who actually paid under. That being said, I still think the Supra is a great value/bang for the buck!

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Really, it's just things returning to normal. Negative depreciation for run-of-the-mill used cars, artificial supply constraints, and pervasive and huge markups were never sustainable for the long-term. It'll be good for the froth to disappear.

Crypto poverty is probably also playing a bit of a role too.

OP
OP

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Crypto poverty is probably also playing a bit of a role too.
Binance has been restricting withdrawls lol. The meltdown is spreading and much of it is still hidden. Futher regulation is about to be enforced in many markets/countries. If you are not fully out of Crypto fraud finance ........get out lol. I have zero sympathy for anyone involved. Money with no value other than a fleeting thought?? If anyone should read FTX issues and the way they 'valued' their so called 'crypto' its enlightening. It was simply a vehicle for FRAUD. Zero anything else.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Prices are down a bit on sports cars because of the season. The car market stability wonā€™t have anything to do with limited production sports cars. Dealerships are willing to accept a little less in winter itā€™s like this every season.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Money with no value other than a fleeting thought??
Are you referring to that super-sketchy trainwreck called 'USD'? I've been trying to get out of that for years but haven't been having much luck. :p Granted, it's not a complete fabrication like FTX was... but damn - the upper management is definitely a bunch of crooks and scam artists.

Unfortunately both my bank and my employer seem to be fully committed to it... ā˜¹

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Are you referring to that super-sketchy trainwreck called 'USD'? I've been trying to get out of that for years but haven't been having much luck. :p Granted, it's not a complete fabrication like FTX was... but damn - the upper management is definitely a bunch of crooks and scam artists.

Unfortunately both my bank and my employer seem to be fully committed to it... ā˜¹
Yeah im with you on that one. I have been putting money into things so when the usd dies I can trade for the next fake currency the world uses.

OP
OP

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2

US Treasury I bonds are paying what now? Try investing and stop thinking of conspiracy. The $ is the reserve currency of choice. Its sure as SHIT not CRYPTO.

OP
OP

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
LOL - now this. The king of Crypto LOL - sorry but CRYPTO is good for crime not your portfolio lol

Company That Was Supposed to Tell Us if Binance Is Stable Calls It Quits
Mazars, the company that conducted Binance's ā€˜proof-of-reserveā€™ review, no longer has a working website, though CEO Changpeng Zhao has resisted a full audit.
Sponsored