Verus heat shield for 2021 6-port is now available

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I installed my shield today. It definitely cleans up that area. It fits perfect and the install was straight forward.

The only ask would be to include at least an install diagram. I’m sure some people will need a little more guidance.

-RJM

0AAC87F1-1281-4589-AEE9-C1CAB77247D6.jpeg

AB0B5D64-1440-44DE-88B7-F2171E531C3F.jpeg

A9BAFCED-8ACB-462D-B2AA-906D0635E4FC.jpeg
Sponsored

touge_206

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic type R, Mini Cooper S, X5M
this should fit with the eventuri intake yeah?

Oudy4143

First Name
Oarad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
Hey guys did you all purchases from the verus site I really want to buy one but it's sold out till August. Any other websites that you guys would recommend!
Thanks

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Hey guys did you all purchases from the verus site I really want to buy one but it's sold out till August. Any other websites that you guys would recommend!
Thanks
I got mine from the Verus site the day it dropped. It shipped quickly, but then FedEx screwed up and now it’s floating around the northeast somewhere.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Thanks
Man...those went quick!

I ordered mine directly through Verus website too. I’m not sure if other vendors bought any to stock for customers. It’s a nice quality shield and functional.

-RJM

BoostedMKV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1990 Nissan 300zx TT, 1996 Acura Integra
Just installed with the Eventuri intake. Quick install. Didn't need to remove the intake either. Probably about a 15 minute job.

Attachments

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just installed with the Eventuri intake. Quick install. Didn't need to remove the intake either. Probably about a 15 minute job.
Not to hijack the thread, but have both of these components on-hand. Do you really feel there was a an HP increase after installing the Eventuri intake? The 20hp they state on their website is a big number for just an intake.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
All it took was one long, boring conference call I wasn't leading and I was able to get the heatshield installed ? :

PXL_20210607_202258025.jpg

I agree with @Loco38SUP that it should include an install diagram or maybe they should update their video for the '21, as the install process is different. It's fairly obvious where it goes, but it did catch me off-guard when I realized I couldn't remove the factory heat shield like they did in the video and was convinced they did a mid-model year change until I realized it was an install video for the '20 version.

I am concerned about one thing, and I'm seeing this same thing on all of the pics on this forum:

PXL_20210607_202313249.jpg

The shield makes contact with this piece. I have no idea what it is. I had to drop what I was doing and get something else done right when I was finished bolting it on, but if these two pieces make contact, and if whatever the silver component happens to be is attached to the motor, it could torque under power and cause metal-on-metal rubbing to occur. This could possibly damage both components. Again, it appears as everyone else who posted pictures here has this same issue, but can someone confirm if these two pieces touch in their car? I'm going to reach out to Verus if this is a consistent issue - seems like it may be a design issue that needs to be corrected. Luckily, it would just mean cutting the small piece a little more and sending it out to folks who have already one one - and it would be an easy change out.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
if whatever the silver component happens to be is attached to the motor, it could torque under power and cause metal-on-metal rubbing to occur.
It is attached to the motor, but so is the heat shield, so it will all move together

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
It is attached to the motor, but so is the heat shield, so it will all move together
Duh. Of course. Thanks. Still going to keep an eye on it. The way the heat shield is cut leads to me to believe it wasn't intended to touch like this, but I'll reach out to them and ask. I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
All it took was one long, boring conference call I wasn't leading and I was able to get the heatshield installed ? :

PXL_20210607_202258025.jpg

I agree with @Loco38SUP that it should include an install diagram or maybe they should update their video for the '21, as the install process is different. It's fairly obvious where it goes, but it did catch me off-guard when I realized I couldn't remove the factory heat shield like they did in the video and was convinced they did a mid-model year change until I realized it was an install video for the '20 version.

I am concerned about one thing, and I'm seeing this same thing on all of the pics on this forum:

PXL_20210607_202313249.jpg

The shield makes contact with this piece. I have no idea what it is. I had to drop what I was doing and get something else done right when I was finished bolting it on, but if these two pieces make contact, and if whatever the silver component happens to be is attached to the motor, it could torque under power and cause metal-on-metal rubbing to occur. This could possibly damage both components. Again, it appears as everyone else who posted pictures here has this same issue, but can someone confirm if these two pieces touch in their car? I'm going to reach out to Verus if this is a consistent issue - seems like it may be a design issue that needs to be corrected. Luckily, it would just mean cutting the small piece a little more and sending it out to folks who have already one one - and it would be an easy change out.
Just so you know - it's the wastegate actuator. It's important as it controls the amount of boost going through your engine. It should be ok, as others have mentioned they all move together, but mine definitely isn't hitting that.
Sponsored