WANTED: B58 engine (two port)

tjyyzacc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 Giulia Quadrifoglio
I’ve recently wrecked the engine on my 2020 Supra (two port) and am in need of another one.

Before anyone asks, the oil pressure light came on and though I pulled over as soon as I could safely do it, the damage was done. when the oil was drained it was very “glittery”. My mechanic, who I trust completely, has advised that it’ll likely never be the same even if rebuilt, so I’ve been advised to search for an engine. I live just outside of Toronto, but for a good enough deal I’ll retrieve it anywhere in North America.

I will make a sincere effort to answer in a timely fashion. Hope to hear some good news from someone.
Sponsored

HACKRCHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Sorry your car got wrecked. It may be worth considering buying a built engine if you’re going to slap a new one in. I get it may not be what you’re after though if you’re trying to stay stock or keep costs low.

A forged B58 goes for £6999 here in the uk or £8k fitted. For some reason they’ve called it the B58R lol.

Edit: Just saw you do need to exchange your core, but you can just buy a new one too.

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
Subaru STi, VR30, S55 M3, GOLF R, Supra A90
I’ve recently wrecked the engine on my 2020 Supra (two port) and am in need of another one.

Before anyone asks, the oil pressure light came on and though I pulled over as soon as I could safely do it, the damage was done. when the oil was drained it was very “glittery”. My mechanic, who I trust completely, has advised that it’ll likely never be the same even if rebuilt, so I’ve been advised to search for an engine. I live just outside of Toronto, but for a good enough deal I’ll retrieve it anywhere in North America.

I will make a sincere effort to answer in a timely fashion. Hope to hear some good news from someone.
You really need to take it apart to see what kind of damage you have, but I understand what you are trying to do.

Not sure what sure what shipping would look like , but have you checked your local ebay?

OP
OP

tjyyzacc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I here what you’re saying about diagnosing the problem, but I’ve been told by a couple of people I trust that one you’ve got a lot of metal inside the engine it doesn’t really matter what the issue was, the result is going to be the same: replace the engine. I could certainly pay to have it done if there’s a chance to save it, but my mechanic thinks it’s probably a waste of time and money. I was planning to just take his word for it.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
I here what you’re saying about diagnosing the problem, but I’ve been told by a couple of people I trust that one you’ve got a lot of metal inside the engine it doesn’t really matter what the issue was, the result is going to be the same: replace the engine. I could certainly pay to have it done if there’s a chance to save it, but my mechanic thinks it’s probably a waste of time and money. I was planning to just take his word for it.
First thing you need is a new mechanic.

Phil

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yes, new engine either way, but you want to know why it happened, on order to be sure it doesn't happen again.
Tossing in a new engine otherwise is rolling the dice. That's a ton of money to risk.

omfgzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z4
You can sleeve the block if your cylinder walls are too scorn.

Last edited:
OP
OP

tjyyzacc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks very much guys, I’m going to do some research on the way forward and see what can be done if a new engine is going to be cost prohibitive. I appreciate the feedback.

OP
OP

tjyyzacc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not nearly enough, about 35,000 miles.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI

you could check Copart.com, i'm not affiliated at all but they might be able to help ya out, they are a global parts/crashed cars company if you haven't heard of them.

OP
OP

tjyyzacc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hadn’t heard of them, but I’ll give them a call. Thank you!
Sponsored