Watch out for narcs!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Wow, you and 12 others liked this post? Are you Jeff Kirk too?
Not my screen shot. This is just the one that's getting passed around the internet. I wouldn't have fucked up the cropping so bad.
Sponsored

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
I swore he was on map3 with full boost and went full send.
Man… thought map 3 was pretty safe. Sad seeing the JB4 causing engine failures. Guess that’s why people say to do data logging and have them checked.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Man… thought map 3 was pretty safe. Sad seeing the JB4 causing engine failures. Guess that’s why people say to do data logging and have them checked.
You should be checking your data logs regularly with anything you do to your engine. It's your engine, it was designed to run in specific parameters. If you run outside those parameters.. it's probably good to know where you're at, where you were before, and what those differences mean.

serialbooper

First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
calling this dude a rat is extremely ignorant. So a technician should waste his time tearing into a vehicle and trying to get an authorization from Toyota for a $25k engine replacement, because some dumb fuck couldn’t be bothered to get a custom tune or check on the health of his logs. Dealerships don’t get to just throw high performance engines in vehicles without Toyota approving it first. This guys thought process is the same as any other technicians, telling other fellow technicians don’t waste your time with this car it’s been tuned. (Our pay is based on commission). Claim wouldn’t even have been approved every new car manufactured today has the ability to track what modifications you have done, down to an air intake.

Dude is jealous of what, a $50k vehicle these cars aren’t 911 gt3’s lol

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
But by your definition, even if he took his vehicle to shop, it'd have been detected immediately down to the intake and got shut down...
Regardless who narc'ed worse by screenshotting the screenshot :eek: he's the ultimate narc :hmm: otherwise, no one would have ever known.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
The guy should of been honest with the dealership and said he fked up. And asked for an one time goodwill claim even if it’s partially offered by the Toyota, any help will help. Affer a dealership finds out you were lying to them, your done.

OP
OP
Jackyl tm

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
calling this dude a rat is extremely ignorant. So a technician should waste his time tearing into a vehicle and trying to get an authorization from Toyota for a $25k engine replacement, because some dumb fuck couldn’t be bothered to get a custom tune or check on the health of his logs. Dealerships don’t get to just throw high performance engines in vehicles without Toyota approving it first. This guys thought process is the same as any other technicians, telling other fellow technicians don’t waste your time with this car it’s been tuned. (Our pay is based on commission). Claim wouldn’t even have been approved every new car manufactured today has the ability to track what modifications you have done, down to an air intake.

Dude is jealous of what, a $50k vehicle these cars aren’t 911 gt3’s lol
I understand both sides and understand your point. The guy admitted he screwed up and it was entirely his fault. I just think imo it's childish to go out of your way to tattle tale. Not saying either is right or wrong. Just an opinion. Judging from your post you're a tech and most likely have a comradery between all of you which is respectful. Based on that in your opinion, how could a jb4 or something similar more or less blow an engine? Just by upping the boost too much? My understanding they just trick the sensors to throw more boost. Or am I way wrong?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I understand both sides and understand your point. The guy admitted he screwed up and it was entirely his fault. I just think imo it's childish to go out of your way to tattle tale. Not saying either is right or wrong. Just an opinion. Judging from your post you're a tech and most likely have a comradery between all of you which is respectful. Based on that in your opinion, how could a jb4 or something similar more or less blow an engine? Just by upping the boost too much? My understanding they just trick the sensors to throw more boost. Or am I way wrong?
Juice box has been messing up BMW’s from back in the days. Just Google jb4 or juice box blows up bmw motor/turbos. You will find some over the course.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
This is why friends I might potentially have get hard ghosted the second they ask for social media contacts. You think I'm on Twatter or Farcebook?!? Lose my number. :thumbsdown:

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
This is why friends I might potentially have get hard ghosted the second they ask for social media contacts. You think I'm on Twatter or Farcebook?!? Lose my number. :thumbsdown:
How many friends do you have? I also have zero social media presence but don't hold it against others. I'll be your friend!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Silly me, I thought this post was about narcotics so didn't open it until now.

Mini dingaling rat, have a nice karma.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
How many friends do you have? I also have zero social media presence but don't hold it against others. I'll be your friend!
Thanks! Naturally, I have very few - but I'm cool with that, quality over quantity and all. It's not so much the issue of social media itself (after all - this forum is a form of social media under a broad definition). It's the fact that there seems to be a significant majority that feel the need to be volunteer life coaches, police, pundits, parents, judges, clergy, etc. that bothers me. Well, that and the parasitic nature of their data collection/mining/monetizing... but that's a different matter.

It's an admittedly stereotypical generalization (but I'm comfortable in that bigotry). IMO most social media is the online equivalent of bumper stickers.

1630208736187.png

Really the problem isn't if they are on social media... but if they think I would have a FB/Twitter account, then they obviously know nothing about me at all.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks! Naturally, I have very few - but I'm cool with that, quality over quantity and all. It's not so much the issue of social media itself (after all - this forum is a form of social media under a broad definition). It's the fact that there seems to be a significant majority that feel the need to be volunteer life coaches, police, pundits, parents, judges, clergy, etc. that bothers me. Well, that and the parasitic nature of their data collection/mining/monetizing... but that's a different matter.

It's an admittedly stereotypical generalization (but I'm comfortable in that bigotry). IMO most social media is the online equivalent of bumper stickers.

1630208736187.png

Really the problem isn't if they are on social media... but if they think I would have a FB/Twitter account, then they obviously know nothing about me at all.
How could they know you don't do social medial without at least getting to know you a little bit?

This might be one of the most insane hot takes I've ever heard.

* Start talking to dude at bar
* Realize you both enjoy the same hobby
* Get along
* Chat it up for a bit
* Let's hang out again, this was fun
* Exchange information
* Meet again at Cars and Coffee
* See Instagram sticker on car
* Immediately refuse to ever talk to this person again
Sponsored

Last edited: