Watch out for narcs!

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm undecided on this. I'll play devil's advocate here a bit..

I'm in the automotive industry and for sure OEM's have budgets dedicated to Warranty work for replacing parts, etc. Then, there is the engineering/warranty investigation part of things. So, it costs and in return, these somewhat get bundled into piece price eventually and consumers end up paying for it.. by how much I don't know. it may just be a profit loss for OEMs. In that case maybe they'll have less budget for other things, programs, RnD, etc.. Finance is confusing! So, with this logic, I'm somewhat against it.

Like half of US is against universal healthcare, but you're essentially paying for somebody else's tuning mistake... We're saying tuner shops and those who tune are a small industry, let's have him create a GoFundMe to get him a new engine and see how many will spare $5 for somebody else's $15-20K mistake.. for 15K we'd need 3,000 people donating $5. Not much considering how many OnlyFans thots became millionaires over night :)
So, there you have a different line of thinking..

On the other hand, if it happened to me, yeah, for sure I'd also be like fuck it, I don't want to spend $15K on a new engine, but I guess that's the price you pay. If you can't afford a new one or would rather spend money elsewhere, then go with conservative tunes, not 22psi boost.

You got caught speeding and you pay the ticket.. If you crashed your car doing donuts, perhaps you can get insurance to pay to fix, but then your premium will likely go up, so it in return effects you, but with engine warranty or any warranty, you're not at all effected, other than the pissed off looks you'll get from your shop..

Also, this forum is a public forum, where it doesn't require registration to see contents and is indexed on Google (Admin chime in here for frequency, robot.txt).
So, hate on social media, FB, but you gotta be careful here as well..

In the end, I think everyone agrees that it is a dick move to rat out..

I'd like to point out that I may be going back n forth on this controversial topic, but I'm not rat, so remember that when we're cell mates :p

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
This has been a thing on car forums for decades. Dude was a dumbass to post his whole life online and not anticipate something like this happening. Even if another user didn't rat him out, dealerships still troll these sites to look for the same thing.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Social media is a plague. People have way too much power behind their keyboards that they wouldn't dare exercise in person.

Ghostop

First Name
John snow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Zl1 10sp 2017 civic type r
I believe he was on map 4 or 5 and didn't log anything. He takes full responsibility for what happened, which he should. As far as why the engine is bad, I have no idea. I too, am hearing a lot of issues with the jb4 as of late.
Has this been confirmed?

Katniss2020

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR, 1961 C10 Apache, 1972 Chrysler New Yorker Wagon
Sooo, someone who was knowingly going to attempt warranty fraud got busted? Shocking. Itā€™s sad how many people agree with this dummy. Man up... or at the very least, donā€™t announce your bad behavior and intentions. Karma is a bitch.

I know for a fact that factory reps and techs watch these sites and others for shenanigans like that... I work with quite a few of them in my line of work. The stuff people try to pull is shocking.

Not saying Iā€™d rat someone out but I donā€™t feel sorry for someone dumb enough to broadcast their immorality to the world.

Last edited:

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
I'm undecided on this. I'll play devil's advocate here a bit..

I'm in the automotive industry and for sure OEM's have budgets dedicated to Warranty work for replacing parts, etc. Then, there is the engineering/warranty investigation part of things. So, it costs and in return, these somewhat get bundled into piece price eventually and consumers end up paying for it.. by how much I don't know. it may just be a profit loss for OEMs. In that case maybe they'll have less budget for other things, programs, RnD, etc.. Finance is confusing! So, with this logic, I'm somewhat against it.

Like half of US is against universal healthcare, but you're essentially paying for somebody else's tuning mistake... We're saying tuner shops and those who tune are a small industry, let's have him create a GoFundMe to get him a new engine and see how many will spare $5 for somebody else's $15-20K mistake.. for 15K we'd need 3,000 people donating $5. Not much considering how many OnlyFans thots became millionaires over night :)
So, there you have a different line of thinking..

On the other hand, if it happened to me, yeah, for sure I'd also be like fuck it, I don't want to spend $15K on a new engine, but I guess that's the price you pay. If you can't afford a new one or would rather spend money elsewhere, then go with conservative tunes, not 22psi boost.

You got caught speeding and you pay the ticket.. If you crashed your car doing donuts, perhaps you can get insurance to pay to fix, but then your premium will likely go up, so it in return effects you, but with engine warranty or any warranty, you're not at all effected, other than the pissed off looks you'll get from your shop..

Also, this forum is a public forum, where it doesn't require registration to see contents and is indexed on Google (Admin chime in here for frequency, robot.txt).
So, hate on social media, FB, but you gotta be careful here as well..

In the end, I think everyone agrees that it is a dick move to rat out..

I'd like to point out that I may be going back n forth on this controversial topic, but I'm not rat, so remember that when we're cell mates :p
I'm just going to remember not to read your diary when we're cellmates because you write way too much for my ADHD brain to comprehend.

serialbooper

First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Sooo, someone who was knowingly going to attempt warranty fraud got busted? Shocking. Itā€™s sad how many people agree with this dummy. Man up... or at the very least, donā€™t announce your bad behavior and intentions. Karma is a bitch.

I know for a fact that factory reps and techs watch these sites and others for shenanigans like that... I work with quite a few of them in my line of work. The stuff people try to pull is shocking.
you are not the only one that feels like this

its obvious not one person/most have any idea how warranty claims or a dealership works lol. toyota/bmw 100% knows if you have even had any type of aftermarket calibration/how many times your ecu has been "flashed".

lets say this dealership some how got preauthorization from toyota to replace this engine (over looking that they have to send in some type of scan report and documents showing point of failure) when the internal warranty clerk goes to get the claim paid for the dealership after the vehicle is repaired and delivered back to the customer, it gets denied (this a game that all manufactures play to basically be the IRS and audit you after you file your taxes) because that $25k warranty claim falls on the dealership AND the technician for that aftermarket calibration issue. some dealerships will seek some kind of retribution for a mis-diagnosis from a technician.

as far as the person that said stay in your pay grade, that is a technicians pay grade. i am a master technician. i deal with hellcats every week with people trying to commit warranty fraud, in the hellcat nation of Atlanta. you modifty your car that is a risk you are taking. i have a supra with ecutek and a flex tune myself.

as far as another person that implied he is jealous that he doesn't own one, and the funniest comment in this thread, he makes $9 an hour and acts like he makes $60. i can assure you master technicians that are working on your supras, do make that kind of money partly due to that fact most people don't want to be technicians, they want to be Instagram famous, and wouldn't know a hard days work if it slapped them in the face. the fact that some people here seem to be talking down about this technician as he is some low life, seem to be quite shallow. i live a very cushy life in my supra as a master technician, and have worked my ass off to be where i am.

moral of this post is you play games and tune you car, you have no warranty. i play this game myself, and you wont find me looking for warranty assistance when i blow my engine.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I wouldn't play a pissing match with affordability and buying power.. Priorities, families, life style, etc. etc. yet jealousy is usually a big motive for a lot of things.

People have so many weird urges, impulses to do shit. We see road rages all the time. You cutoff someone and they try to shoot you. Looks at you funny..

Who the f knows what his motive was. Maybe bored or been burned before with warranty.. Angry at his boss, his wife. His dog pooped in the car. Some other Supra owner came in before and pissed him off. he's a boy scout, stickler of rules, who knows. All we know, he's called the sstii I mean rat.

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
I wouldn't play a pissing match with affordability and buying power.. Priorities, families, life style, etc. etc. yet jealousy is usually a big motive for a lot of things.

People have so many weird urges, impulses to do shit. We see road rages all the time. You cutoff someone and they try to shoot you. Looks at you funny..

Who the f knows what his motive was. Maybe bored or been burned before with warranty.. Angry at his boss, his wife. His dog pooped in the car. Some other Supra owner came in before and pissed him off. he's a boy scout, stickler of rules, who knows. All we know, he's called the sstii I mean rat.

agreed, I made the jelly comment but take your pick...dude was jelly of the car, needs to get laid, hates his life/job, needs to get laid, some other life problem insert here, needs to get laid........all the way to the point where he took time from his day to take a FB post and share it to all the local dealers that the guy who over tuned his car (which i dont agree with yet another reason i keep mine stock) is a straight dick move........let the guy who overtuned his car get caught and in trouble by the dealer he takes it to......I stand by my statement that guy is a straight douche and a rat.....i hope all that skin flute playing gets him a job or promotion at the dealers he posted that too....

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Not the 90s???? Is that why thereā€™s no new episodes of ā€œSaved by the Bell???ā€
I will own you in SBTB trivia. Come at me.

Btw, they rebooted the show last year. It's awful. On the Peacock network. I don't even know what that is and I have every damn streaming channel.