What did you do to your Supra today?

TeaTango

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Absolute Zero '21 Supra 3.0 premium
I tried for like an hour various scenarios including 'forget device' on iPhone and 'disconnect' on Supra and re-paired, but CarPlay does not work. BT works, phone mode works, even tried shutting off Siri,.. everything works except CarPlay. I re-started both the car and phone several times.. no go. I think my head is going to go bald scratching it out of confusion..
On the Supra go to settings, mobile device settings, and select your phone. At the top If it’s on Toyota Supra connect instead of CarPlay then check CarPlay instead. Seems like it happens sometimes if you shut the car off, and then start it back up within a short amount of time, like less than a minute. Happened to me twice so far, kinda weird.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
On the Supra go to settings, mobile device settings, and select your phone. At the top If it’s on Toyota Supra connect instead of CarPlay then check CarPlay instead. Seems like it happens sometimes if you shut the car off, and then start it back up within a short amount of time, like less than a minute. Happened to me twice so far, kinda weird.
Thanks, I will give that a try tomorrow and report back!

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Whats that?
That's APEX pro. It shows you if you are using full potential of the car on the track.

https://www.apextrackcoach.com/

it needed a good mounting but I wasn't ready to stick it on the dash which is softer material than the surface behind the screen. So I 3D printed a mounting block so it is visible right above the screen.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
~ ditto today.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had some time right now so checked.. There’s no mention of SuperaConnect under my device.

Last edited:

Chizadyo

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Tungsten Silver
Hello!
Installed JB+ this evening, went to get gas in normal mode no CEL...started the car in Sport mode since the gas attendant asked if it was loud. Gave him a laugh with the pops bangs. But then a CEL came on, drove home scanned it "P0238." Disconnected jb+/cleared code/reinstalled. Went for a drive startin off in Normal mode, switched to Sport. No CEL thankfully after a few WOT. Lesson: Dont start the car in sport? What are your thoughts?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I tried for like an hour various scenarios including 'forget device' on iPhone and 'disconnect' on Supra and re-paired, but CarPlay does not work. BT works, phone mode works, even tried shutting off Siri,.. everything works except CarPlay. I re-started both the car and phone several times.. no go. I think my head is going to go bald scratching it out of confusion..
I finally got my carplay working today. Here are the steps I followed. For some reason my iPhone privacy restrictions got turned off. I didn’t even know this was a thing, I guess Apple likes messing with us.

“If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Then go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.”

-RJM

Qskid2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2018 Street Triple RS
Added a couple goodies recently.

Llumar 35% ceramic tint all around with 80% on the windshield, VQCarbon Steering wheel, blackline paddle shifters, hardwired my Uniden R7, 12mm H&R spacers all around, MSH stud conversion kit in neochrome, powder coated wheels gloss black, lowered on H&R springs, powerstop ceramic z23 brake pads all around (really couldn’t stand the dust - have dealt with European car brake dust for way too long), weathertech floormats (and trunk mat), and added some LED lighting in the footwell and subwoofer areas. Just hit 1200 miles tonight and booked oil change for tomorrow. Have been loving this car a ton. Smiles every mile.

Forgot to wash the wheels before taking a closeup of them so please excuse the brake dust (which hopefully will be of the past). :) also realized with the drop how just a tad close I am to the ground when coming in/out the driveway. LOL

big, big thanks to Alex at Speed Industry for taking amazing care of me and having a great educational chat with me throughout the millions of questions I tossed him. Between Alex and the forums here, really have appreciated the community I stepped into. Not to mention the amazing folks I’ve met who are also fellow MKV owners like the great team of individuals at Elite Performance out here in the Bay Area (Gary and Melody are fantastic to work with).
27C99822-0347-4848-B04D-BEA31C165EC7.jpeg
E2C1B828-5EE7-4DC0-AD1D-98335781C8A9.jpeg
664E2C67-F2DD-4C58-BFBA-49F2AFED1A53.jpeg
23D606E1-8576-473B-81B7-23C11CDAB83E.jpeg
7E8F33E8-E2CF-4FE5-9DE1-B48723135A0F.jpeg
C724C0C5-DCFB-4B37-8E06-B53F7531AFC8.jpeg
C6B68D76-7295-4710-B83B-EF0D274E5CA3.jpeg

Last edited:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I finally got my carplay working today. Here are the steps I followed. For some reason my iPhone privacy restrictions got turned off. I didn’t even know this was a thing, I guess Apple likes messing with us.

“If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Then go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.”

-RJM
Glad to hear you got your working. Actually that was one of the first things I checked as my daily driver, 19 WRX, supports CarPlay but disconnects randomly so sometimes I have CarPlay turned off. But in my case it is on and restarted both car and phone, deleted my phone on my Supra, re-paired and still no go.. so now I'm thinking this is some sort of racially motivated sexual harassment prejudice against old dumb people like me.