What did you do to your Supra today?

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Well today I’m having the brake recall done. This causes some hassle for me as I bought the car (from a dealer) with mods already done. In a nutshell I’m losing the tune, and swapping back to the stock DP for the time being. It’s sucks but the silver lining is I’m not coming out of pocket for the labor as the dealer (not Toyota) sold me a car without a cat so they will swap the DP at no charge. I don’t have any info on the tune / license so I can’t have it re-coded without new purchase and would have to get the ecu unlock again anyway. My outlook is ok, I’d rather reset and move forward so that I know what has been done to my car outside of bolt-on mods. I might decide to put the DP up for sale (titan cat-less) and get a high flow cat’s DP.

A shout out to Bill Penny Toyota for no hassle/rejection of work. The service department and tech has been very helpful. If you’re in the Huntsville area and looking for a dealer I recommend them. Hopefully you get the same service.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Well today I’m having the brake recall done. This causes some hassle for me as I bought the car (from a dealer) with mods already done. In a nutshell I’m losing the tune, and swapping back to the stock DP for the time being. It’s sucks but the silver lining is I’m not coming out of pocket for the labor as the dealer (not Toyota) sold me a car without a cat so they will swap the DP at no charge. I don’t have any info on the tune / license so I can’t have it re-coded without new purchase and would have to get the ecu unlock again anyway. My outlook is ok, I’d rather reset and move forward so that I know what has been done to my car outside of bolt-on mods. I might decide to put the DP up for sale (titan cat-less) and get a high flow cat’s DP.

A shout out to Bill Penny Toyota for no hassle/rejection of work. The service department and tech has been very helpful. If you’re in the Huntsville area and looking for a dealer I recommend them. Hopefully you get the same service.
What's your ECU date? Do you just need a bench unlock?

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ll have to check (sounds bad I know), just bought the car last month and didn’t expect to find out it was tuned. It was originally sold in early 2020 so I would assume it’s a pre-06/2020 ECU. Even if it just needs an unlock I don’t know who tunned it or what product was used to tune it.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I’ll have to check (sounds bad I know), just bought the car last month and didn’t expect to find out it was tuned. It was originally sold in early 2020 so I would assume it’s a pre-06/2020 ECU. Even if it just needs an unlock I don’t know who tunned it or what product was used to tune it.
Is it a 2020/2 port? Then you're good to bench unlock and tune away.

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is it a 2020/2 port? Then you're good to bench unlock and tune away.
Well I’m thinking of just leaving the ecu locked and installing a JB4 vs taking it to a tuner. I don’t want to hassle with this anytime there is a recall or warranty work is required? From what I’ve read it’s easy just to set to map0 and remove the JB4? Maybe I’m misunderstanding. My first priority is getting a cat’d high flow DP that won’t cause CEL. Then I’ll eval the cost between custom tune and JB4. This is my daily driver and I’m not really interested in changing up the fuel system. Any recommendations?

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Well I’m thinking of just leaving the ecu locked and installing a JB4 vs taking it to a tuner. I don’t want to hassle with this anytime there is a recall or warranty work is required? From what I’ve read it’s easy just to set to map0 and remove the JB4? Maybe I’m misunderstanding. My first priority is getting a cat’d high flow DP that won’t cause CEL. Then I’ll eval the cost between custom tune and JB4. This is my daily driver and I’m not really interested in changing up the fuel system. Any recommendations?
You’re looking at like $1,500 for a no cel guarantee AA DP. $530 for JB4. And idk, $350+ for a JB4 tune? That’s $2380 for the JB4 route.

It’s $1k or less for a known brand 200 cell catted DP (can buy used since the tune will take care of the CEL, no need worry about a company’s support). So that’s your $500 saved for a ship-off-your-ecu bench unlock (less if you have someone local to bench unlock).

That puts you at $1500, and from there, you have $880 for the tuning platform license (ecutek/MHD/etc.) and tune before paying a premium for a flash tune over JB4.

I LOVE the JB4 as a product, but if you’re out of warranty (or will be powertrain-wise due to a prior flash), I highly recommend you consider the flash tune route.

Last edited:

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks to for the brake down, I will certainly consider both routes. I am however a little confused. I thought the JB4 was plug and play the way folks talk about changing maps with an app on their phone?... I didn't realize additional cost to tune once installed.
As for the warranty, no mention of it being void due to this situation. I think the dealer did me a solid? I guess I'll find out if I run into new issues. Either way for now I going back to stock DP. I'll be left with an aftermarket cat-back exhaust and Armaspeed intake. So my ride will make cool sounds but not power or much power over stock.

paulnur

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Thanks to for the brake down, I will certainly consider both routes. I am however a little confused. I thought the JB4 was plug and play the way folks talk about changing maps with an app on their phone?... I didn't realize additional cost to tune once installed.
As for the warranty, no mention of it being void due to this situation. I think the dealer did me a solid? I guess I'll find out if I run into new issues. Either way for now I going back to stock DP. I'll be left with an aftermarket cat-back exhaust and Armaspeed intake. So my ride will make cool sounds but not power or much power over stock.
There are ready to go tunes out of the box. There is an option within the software to do a custom tune. You can select one of the out of the box tunes or buy a custom tune from @Jesse DaBears

https://1fastsupra.com/products/a90-a91-mkv-supra-jb4-custom-maps-tuning

paulnur

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
A must OEM replacement for renaissance red Supras IMO. Fun fact, launch edition Supras that come with the red mirrors are renaissance red color code. Why they didn’t come factory with this option? Lol I am not sure. Ordered this from Toyota.com and picked up in 2-3 days. Links to Toyota/parts numbers for the launch edition caps below + photos,

Part numbers,
87945WAA15
87915WAA15

Links to Toyota,
https://parts.toyota.com/p/Door-Mirror-Cover-Right/94215711/87915WAA15.html
https://parts.toyota.com/p/Door-Mirror-Cover-Left/94215713/87945WAA15.html

IMG_5624.png
IMG_5625.png
IMG_5653.png
IMG_5626.png
IMG_5627.png

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
They’ll usually do it if it’s like 1/2” or more in from the sidewall for liability purposes. If it’s too close to the sidewall, most shops will say no, but if you ask, they’ll likely also know of a local shop that will do

That’s how I found a shop that will mount worn tires (drift spares) and plug tires really close to the sidewall (still held air!).
I purchased tires from Tire Rack which arrived today. So I call Clearwater Toyota to have them mount, balance the tires and perform a 4 wheel alignment.
Service writer quotes me $400 for the alignment(4 hours labor....huh?) $300 for mount and balance.
NOPE! 🤬🤬🤬
Tire Kingdom... $300 for everything. 😄

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
"Officer, my buddy Jack here identifies as a human, living or dead, and if you have a problem with that, I'm sure some friends of mine at the ACLU would love to talk to you about it."

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Polishing the used exhaust I bought 🫢
Its cleaning up like brand new, just need my buddy to lay a weld where it cracked along the seam (I guess this isn’t uncommon).

Excited to blow out my eardrums with this behind my catless dp! More pics after polishing and install

50BE5353-AE84-4ECF-AD9B-3B2D20E69952.jpeg

6B646B64-4626-4A60-BB20-3A6D122567A1.jpeg

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Polishing the used exhaust I bought 🫢
Its cleaning up like brand new, just need my buddy to lay a weld where it cracked along the seam (I guess this isn’t uncommon).

Excited to blow out my eardrums with this behind my catless dp! More pics after polishing and install

50BE5353-AE84-4ECF-AD9B-3B2D20E69952.jpeg

6B646B64-4626-4A60-BB20-3A6D122567A1.jpeg
Question…do you sit in that chair and do curls?

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
There are ready to go tunes out of the box. There is an option within the software to do a custom tune. You can select one of the out of the box tunes or buy a custom tune from @Jesse DaBears

https://1fastsupra.com/products/a90-a91-mkv-supra-jb4-custom-maps-tuning
Getting a custom Jesse tune is the way to go with Jb4. He will work with you and give you peace of mind over the preloaded maps .

Do you need a cat? If you aren’t required to run one where you live you can get a catless armytrix that sounds amazing and does not throw the cel.