What did you do to your Supra today?

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
Heard that the AOS doesn't do much. Could be wrong though depending on modifications & driving conditions.
I broke the return vent when installing the MST. Mainly trying to get rid of smell of oil as well as the blowby. There was a surprising amount of oil in the intake when I was installing the MST...

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
How often do the brakes need to be bled? I've actually never done this before on any vehicle I've ever had 😬

Are those that are doing it, all people that track the car and not just street drive?
Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means it absorbs water from the air. When brake fluid gets contaminated with water, its boiling point drops significantly. The recommendation is to flush the fluid every few years. More often than that if you track and need to keep the boiling point as high as possible.

Personally I just bled them last weekend because I completely replaced the fluid a few months ago and there was still some OEM fluid trapped in the ABS module at the time. After triggering ABS a few times between then and now, I had to flush it one more time to get the rest of the OEM fluid out.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Connecticut is awful like that, but I've got family here and a good job so for now I stay. I certainly won't be retiring here.
Guess that‘s why we’re getting so many peeps moving down here. Wow…. I’ve heard CA has the highest taxes and y’all in the New England area are way up there as well. TN is moving up higher on my 2nd home list for the lower tax reason. We wanna be a snow birds 🐦 someday, like so many other peeps down here in FL.

Antiq8ted_Ex0

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
@Teleguy11 you know the sad thing is that they just got a new machine. Could have but didnt....

When I was flushing the brake fluid a couple days ago, I sucked the reservoir dry on accident. Figured it was no big deal since I was flushing the fluid anyways. Nope, couldn't get the bubble out.

You guys really need to invest in one of these things. This is my go to for bleeding everything, including cooling systems. Sucks the bubbles right out everytime. Within 10 seconds, I had a solid brake pedal again.

20230309_182110.jpg
Which one is that? Do you happen to have a link/manufacturer?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I‘m interested too, thanks for asking. And what’s the difference between this and a motec power bleeder? @Evolution

Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means it absorbs water from the air. When brake fluid gets contaminated with water, its boiling point drops significantly. The recommendation is to flush the fluid every few years. More often than that if you track and need to keep the boiling point as high as possible.

Personally I just bled them last weekend because I completely replaced the fluid a few months ago and there was still some OEM fluid trapped in the ABS module at the time. After triggering ABS a few times between then and now, I had to flush it one more time to get the rest of the OEM fluid out.
Good point! We usually do 2 years on our non track cars. It’s cheap and the dry boiling points listed go way down (to wet) after 2 years… The track cars brake fluid get dirty as 💩. So we like to bleed out the nasty stuff. Was told to do that long ago and been doing it ever since. Only takes a few brake pumps. Using clear tubes you can actually watch it push out until clear again…

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
I broke the return vent when installing the MST. Mainly trying to get rid of smell of oil as well as the blowby. There was a surprising amount of oil in the intake when I was installing the MST...
I broke that POS line when I installed my first intake! Had to order a new one. I hate they made it with rigid piping and also hate the design of the clip and how crammed in there it is.

Does the AOS setup replace that connection somehow?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Here you go. Not the exact one but very similar.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3836779166...UBtNM3IIJ6JoKM28QTPXvF4Q==|tkp:Bk9SR8iBoMjZYQ

I‘m interested too, thanks for asking. And what’s the difference between this and a motec power bleeder? @Evolution

Good point! We usually do 2 years on our non track cars. It’s cheap and the dry boiling points listed go way down (to wet) after 2 years… The track cars brake fluid get dirty as 💩. So we like to bleed out the nasty stuff. Was told to do that long ago and been doing it ever since. Only takes a few brake pumps. Using clear tubes you can actually watch it push out until clear again…
Its actually the opposite of the Motive Power Bleeder. That pushes the fluid through. This is a vacuum pump. Cant use it for flushing but it works great at bleeding the system. Literally sucks all the air out of the system in seconds. I originally got it for my Bug since the clutch system had no bleeder valve. You had to bleed it with vacuum, no other way around it. Works for AC systems too.

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition