What did you do to your Supra today?

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
I'm planning to lift the supra the same way you have here
Can you share how it was done and anything you watch for safety?
Ran it up as usual on the race ramps with extensions (needed due to lip & lowering). Jacked up driver front at jack pad, placing base block under one rear tire, then did the same for passenger. I did need to use my off road jack to then raise high enough to place the second race ramp block. Car is on level ground and the rear top blocks do snug around the shape of the wheel so it shouldn’t be going anywhere. Parking brake engaged as well. In case of some catastrophic failure of the race ramps/blocks, I have jack stands beneath all four jack points with the little puck adapters, or whatever they’re called. Could also chock the front wheels.

IMG_0375.jpeg

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
After nearly 3 months of my car being at the body shop, I finally got it back. All I have to say is I am not happy at all. Lots and lots of issues.... someone even ran into the back of it and they let it go like that.

1000002188.jpg

jb_mkv

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
DSC01166.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

Installed some mods and dressed up the engine bay while I was off work for the past couple weeks. Thank god for holiday shutdowns.
  • HKS Brace Set
    • The rear brace was a pain to install since I don't have a great tool set (will fix this!). Took way longer than I should've to remove & re-install a couple torx screws since I only had a large wrench. They were in awkward spots.
    • The rear brace seemed to remove all the creaking I'd hear while going up/down driveways. At the very least, I definitely hear it way less.
  • Wagner Tuning Intake Manifold
    • Had a shop do this one for me. I've been trying to suck it up and learn how to install mods myself but didn't want to take the risk on my daily driver.
    • Special thanks to @razorlab for all the data he's shared on this manifold. Gave me the confidence to purchase it. I plan on taking the car to the track this year and learning for the first time.
  • Some Verus pieces
    • AOS
    • Brake Master Cylinder Brace
    • Cap Set
    • Turbo Heat Shield
Now I'm waiting on a new engine cover that I can chop in half and use to cover up the rats nest.

Last edited:

jb_mkv

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
After nearly 3 months of my car being at the body shop, I finally got it back. All I have to say is I am not happy at all. Lots and lots of issues.... someone even ran into the back of it and they let it go like that.

1000002188.jpg
Oh man, I'm so sorry. Are they at least going to fix it all?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
DSC01166.jpg

• Had a shop do this one for me. I've been trying to suck it up and learn how to install mods myself but didn't want to take the risk on my daily driver.
    • Special thanks to @razorlab for all the data he's shared on this manifold. Gave me the confidence to purchase it. I plan on taking the car to the track this year and learning for the first time.
Glad my sharing was of help!

What shop did the install? That is a very clean job. I'm assuming they did the EVAP tuck and rerouting of the ECU wiring harness stuff?

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
834FCD8A-CE1D-4539-B4FA-958AB1674659.jpeg

8CD1BE70-E427-4DC3-9239-A24003F76E0E.jpeg
13A6FDC2-360D-4DE0-8372-EBC6E1DA0939.jpeg
480A74D1-AD3D-4F5D-B2E4-6447ADF08364.jpeg
7E4ED519-DBED-48AE-938E-1251CDE1F641.jpeg
218E3EF7-E955-4A14-88A7-E3D5B714193F.jpeg

Me and a buddy met up to celebrate our other buddy's mom's b-day lol. After that, i went in for my famous "badges install" with the blacked out everything. Then i got to drive it around and feel what a Pure 800 Supra feels like. ? i feel slow now.
I know this post is pretty old now, any chance you know where your buddy got the red splitters from? I've been working my way as quick as I can through this entire thread and I'm finally almost half way there 🤣

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I know this post is pretty old now, any chance you know where your buddy got the red splitters from? I've been working my way as quick as I can through this entire thread and I'm finally almost half way there 🤣
Unfortunately, this member got his Supra totalled, and hasn't been active for over a month. I do believe that's the Maxton Design one though.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
Unfortunately, this member got his Supra totalled, and hasn't been active for over a month. I do believe that's the Maxton Design one though.
Much appreciated, looks like you are correct

jb_mkv

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Glad my sharing was of help!

What shop did the install? That is a very clean job. I'm assuming they did the EVAP tuck and rerouting of the ECU wiring harness stuff?
I got it installed at Stryker Performance in Fullerton.

Yep, they did the EVAP tuck but the ECU wiring was disconnected and tucked away too. That's totally on me - I'm still a novice to all this stuff. They called me before the install and told me that I'd have a CEL if they were to fully hide the EVAP (which I requested they look into). I honestly didn't understand what that fully meant since I hadn’t seen the installation process. I thought the CEL was from them having to change out hoses to re-route.

Anyways, I was told that it's just emissions related and not necessary to keep connected. I made the call to go ahead with hiding it since they also noted that they can code it out. They're helping me unlock the DME next month.

(If it's a terrible idea to keep disconnected, please let me know so I can go get it fixed. :confused:)

Last edited:

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
DSC01166.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

Installed some mods and dressed up the engine bay while I was off work for the past couple weeks. Thank god for holiday shutdowns.
  • HKS Brace Set
    • The rear brace was a pain to install since I don't have a great tool set (will fix this!). Took way longer than I should've to remove & re-install a couple torx screws since I only had a large wrench. They were in awkward spots.
    • The rear brace seemed to remove all the creaking I'd hear while going up/down driveways. At the very least, I definitely hear it way less.
  • Some Verus pieces
    • AOS
    • Brake Master Cylinder Brace
    • Cap Set
    • Turbo Heat Shield
Now I'm waiting on a new engine cover that I can chop in half and use to cover up the rats nest.
What heat shield did you use with the intake? Is that the one that came with the hks intake? I wanted the verus aos but couldn't fit it.

jb_mkv

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
What heat shield did you use with the intake? Is that the one that came with the hks intake? I wanted the verus aos but couldn't fit it.
Yep, that came with the HKS intake. I read on Verus' site that it didn't work with the HKS heat shield so I was worried I'd have to take it off. I'm guessing the heat shield that comes with the closed box version sticks out way further due to the size?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Yep, that came with the HKS intake. I read on Verus' site that it didn't work with the HKS heat shield so I was worried I'd have to take it off. I'm guessing the heat shield that comes with the closed box version sticks out way further due to the size?
Oh that might be why. Thanks.