What Don't You Like About Your New Supra?

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
Just going to chime in I really dislike the faux harness pass-through on the seats. I wish they'd gotten rid of the plastic all together or made them hollow so you can run a harness.
Sponsored

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Just going to chime in I really dislike the faux harness pass-through on the seats. I wish they'd gotten rid of the plastic all together or made them hollow so you can run a harness.
I actually love the way the seats look (and feel) but I totally get the disdain for "fake" features.

My previous car was a 370Z, and I thought the seats in that were both boring looking AND shitty in terms of quality. The thing that drove me crazy about them is when you pushed your head against the headrest, you could feel the piece that held them into the seat push into your upper back, like the seat didn't have a spine, and the headrest just had a big "tab" that held it in or something. Made the seat feel cheap and not sturdy. I probably could have got replacements, but didn't want to lose the power function.

My RX-8 from before the Z that had great seats though!

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
I have a few gripes, but my biggest one is no factory display for boost. Like...why?! So they give these idiotic sport virtual dyno things but no boost read out?!

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
Turn front collision warning and braking OFF!

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Small fit and finish things mostly. One, being the non paint matched "supra" raised text under the hood on the hip plastic. Whyyyyyyy?! Another being the door puddle light not illuminating/projecting, resulting in having to DIY. (Also nice write up, to fellow forum member, who just did this!)I'm sure I'll think of some more small, subtle things...

Reactions: zrk

Late-Apex

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Could use a little more leg room and the stereo could be better considering it's a 55k car. Why no boost gauge on a turbo car???

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Now that I have put some miles on the car, my biggest complaint is the paint. I swear I have more rock chips in 3000 miles than my 15 year old 75k mile Evo. I now see why everyone PPFs these things right out of the box.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Now that I have put some miles on the car, my biggest complaint is the paint. I swear I have more rock chips in 3000 miles than my 15 year old 75k mile Evo. I now see why everyone PPFs these things right out of the box.
I regret not doing paint correction and PPF right out of the gate, but its also super expensive. Oh well

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
lots of vibrations, granted I have a full exhaust that is somewhat loud, but still, the door cards, dash, headliner( may be my fault when starlight was done) but that annoys me a lot, terrible speakers and audio system, even though I have the upgraded ones, gauge cluster is not done well either like OP posted, and lack of ambient lighting, for 60k, it should have it.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
The thing I hate the most about the Supra is... other drivers on the road. ;) But seriously, the gauges are pretty trash and the audio is too.

Maybe I'm just getting used to the "new normal" however - because it still seems pretty great for the price. I mean you can easily spend 60K these days on a truck with no options (to be fair... you can haul a bit more stuff... so there's that). ?

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Yup, the audio in my 5 year old Jeep spanks the system in the Supra. Alpine with a sub and it cranks.

gauges in the Supra are ok, but they screwed the pooch leaving all that open space on the right solely for navigation instructionsā€¦..really! What were they thinking. When youā€™re not navigating that space should display dedicated oil pressure, oil temp, and perhaps rear diff. Temp.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Approximately 40% of my shirts have coffee stains on the right sleeve and/or armpit. The worst placement of cupholders I've seen.
Sponsored