What Don't You Like About Your New Supra?

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
From a person who is Super OCD about things, I would have to say:

1. After washing the car, lifting the rear hatch where a pool of water is collecting on the inside.
2. No Android Auto.
3. No OEM Mud or Rock gaurds.
4. No OEM Wind buffing panels fornthe windows.
5. No continuous firmware update to the cars computer system. (Software bugs)
6. Auto start/stop gets overridden by software when deactivated on normal mode.
7. No heat/sound insulation padding installed under the hood.
8. No way to have the head light by default stay off when turning car on.
Sponsored

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
I am curious to see what other peoples gripes are with the car. Here's my current list:

3) Having to power down the radio after the ignition.* (My dealer told me this is the proper method, I haven't tried just leaving it on overnight to see what happens)
Not sure if this is still of interest as it's an old post but...pulling from my BMW experience, here's how the stereo works...will be confirming if this applies to the Supra but it should as preliminary tests seem to be the same as my BMW:

1) There is no way to turn the stereo off unless the entire car is off (dumb).

2) You can press the volume button to mute which is the closest you can get to "off" with the electronics still on (aka: akin to accessory mode in old cars).

3) Stereo will stay on when you shut off the engine if the electronics are active.

4) Stereo (and most electronics) will turn off when you open the door *ONLY* if you give it a few seconds. In other words, it will not turn off if you shut the engine off and open the door right away. Giving it a few seconds before you open door after you shut the engine off will also turn the radio off. Not sure exactly how many seconds...5 maybe?

5) If the radio hasn't turned off by the time you close the door, it will turn off once you lock the vehicle.

6) With all this said, the stereo (and most electronics) will annoyingly shut off when you are sitting in the car waiting for someone if you shut the engine off (duh). Sometimes it is due to preserving the battery, others it is due to inactivity.

7) Bonus annoyance (may be only BMW; TBD) - Not yet sure if this applicable to the Supra, but even when locked it keeps some electronics/circuits on for ~8 minutes. Things you wire in like radar detectors you hard wire in the fuse box will stay on for the full time even with the doors locked. When wiring things up, it is not enough to shut off the ignition or accessories. You have to wait for the ~8 min to ensure it is a switched circuit.

8) Double bonus annoyance (may be only BMW; TBD)- even with non-switched circuits, the computer will kill items which it deems as a battery drain like a parking mode on a dash cam.

Not sure why BMW had to deviate from regular behavior of stereos of past but you get used to it.

Also, if anyone disagrees with the above please let me know.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Also, if anyone disagrees with the above please let me know.
I disagree....I love having to hold the radio button for 3 seconds after shutting the car off to put the electronics to sleep...??

JK...things like that I dont understand...but whatcha gonna do...

Steve

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
people like it too much!

Looking at a VW today and the dealer wanted to talk about and look at the Supra for a half hour. Passerby’s stopped to ask if it was a Ferrari.

earlier, I had been flagged down by a guy at the Chick-fil-A on my way out of the drive through. A half hour later, I brought my son his cold chicken nuggets.

the supermarket is impossible. I have to run between the car and the front door.

and never have I once been the recipient of BMW hate in person. Facebook is another matter.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
people like it too much!

Looking at a VW today and the dealer wanted to talk about and look at the Supra for a half hour. Passerby’s stopped to ask if it was a Ferrari.

earlier, I had been flagged down by a guy at the Chick-fil-A on my way out of the drive through. A half hour later, I brought my son his cold chicken nuggets.

the supermarket is impossible. I have to run between the car and the front door.

and never have I once been the recipient of BMW hate in person. Facebook is another matter.
I love it. Same thing, nothing but compliments out in the real world. I passed a Ferrari 488 and he was the one breaking his neck to look at the Supra :rofl:

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
As much as I have pet hates about this car, still lovin' it. (definite attention seeker from all walks of life - male car enthusiasts and women :thumbsup:)

Some of mine :
* fog lamp button impossible to see to press
* indicator stalk should be on right (RHD) (affects manual shift drive via centre stick can't drive one handed with right and do indicator stalk whilst shifting with stick ; have to use paddles)
* cannot use wireless sharing my phone and Idrive whilst driving (turns it off)
* doors pockets should have some space to fit things
* lag/delay in normal drive mode
* horn button hard to press should be smaller(have to use whole hand; hard with fingers)
* head bending when entering
* air con works in A or M mode
* no sync dual air co
* water puddle rear hatch
* seats are too thick needs to be more sporty lighter bucket style and head rest is extreme/fixed-kyphosis
* side partition on transmission next to leg. Claustrophobia +
* too high centre carbon console. Should be 10cm lowered
* no secret centre console compartment
* no speed camera warning idrive
*engine start button should of been near head lights /other side of steering wheel ;hard to reach (need to be seated to fire it)

*no ejector passenger seat button
* no NOS button centre console
:)

Last edited:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
As much as I have pet hates about this car, still lovin' it. (definite attention seeker from all walks of life - male car enthusiasts and women :thumbsup:)

Some of mine :
* fog lamp button impossible to see to press
* indicator stalk should be on right (RHD) (affects manual shift drive via centre stick can't drive one handed with right and do indicator stalk whilst shifting with stick ; have to use paddles)
* cannot use wireless sharing my phone and Idrive whilst driving (turns it off)
* doors pockets should have some space to fit things
* lag/delay in normal drive mode
* horn button hard to press should be smaller(have to use whole hand; hard with fingers)
* head bending when entering
* air con works in A or M mode
* no sync dual air co
* water puddle rear hatch
* seats are too thick needs to be more sporty lighter bucket style and head rest is extreme/fixed
* side partition on transmission next to leg. Claustrophobia +
* too high centre carbon console. Should be 10cm lowered
* no secret centre console compartment
* no speed camera warning idrive
*engine start button should of been near head lights /other side of steering wheel ;hard to reach (need to be seated to fire it)

*no ejector passenger seat button
* no NOS button centre console
:)
Mine didn’t come with fog lights. Which version did you get?

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
  • No sync button
  • no android auto
  • other cars in this price range have much better road noise insulation. i always check f the windows are open and they are not. Me and my friend drove back to back on the same road in my supra and his Mazda 3 and his car had much better insulation from road/wind noise
  • The squeaking sound of plastic is just annoying. Will need to fix that somehow. I read a lot of posts but I don't have a garage to work on the car. have to figure out some way
  • Because of the squeaks, I end up depressed if the road is bad
  • Trunk exterior button :(
  • Such bad looking steering wheels should not exist in any car
  • rear suspension does bounce a lot sometimes. I did see this in some reviews but now I realize what they are talking about
  • Even if someone comes very close to crashing into me, I wouldn't honk. It would make them crash into me even more if I honk
  • I think car play has also vanished but I haven't got it back yet.

Even with all this, I love my car. No car is perfect. every car has its own shortcomings. You cant get luxury and performance and efficiency and reliability and durability at its maximum in any car. If one is more the other is less. And the OEMs are always trying to strike a perfect balance.
Sponsored